Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

And here are swatches of the new Gold Eyeshadow Palette:

IMG_0453.JPG

I was debating this one @Kelizabethr07. It looks beautiful. I love the burnished/bronzey element. 

@lipstick4soul This one is really pretty. I especially loved the two darker shades since they had such a rich gold undertone.

Is this the new Festive 2016 palette 28, gold shimmer? I got the gold palette last year but I don't think it looks like this.

@SydBristow This year's gold palette is different from last year's. I think last years was more taupe and brown shades, whereas this year's has a much stronger gold tone to it.  

Oh wow thanks! It's lovely, I may "need" it!! 🙂

@Kelizabethr07 You are becoming a real temptress!  These Burbery Golds are just lovely.  I'm really tempted by the palette but so don't need it.  Did you end up buying any of these?

@meganlisa So far I have only picked up the gold eyeshadow palette. I didn't need it either, but the colors were so lovely and these swatches are with one pass so it's very pigmented. The cream highlighter is high on my list still, and I am contemplating the red lipstick. I liked the gold lipstick concept, but I ended up buying Dior's version instead. I posted swatches of a lot of the Dior holiday (including the gold lipstick) up on the Dior thread if you're curious.

@Kelizabethr07 I bought the burberry gold lipstick last year and while I like it in concept (and it was pretty on) I never wear it.

I am so tempted by this quad though.  I will check out your dior.  This holiday the higher end brands are really doing well overall.  So much temptation!

I got the gold lipstick last year too and it really isn't "gold" like one would think. Just kind of sheer muted gold. 

I posted on my IG all of my gold stuff (bristowsyd) and finally have a nice little collection of lovely golds. This eyeshadow palette is making me drool!

image.jpeg

That's such a pretty collection of gold lovelies! Now is the perfect time of year if you want to add to your collection with all of the gold options out right now.

@meganlisa I'm right there with you about the temptation! The Dior has destroyed my budget already. Have you checked out any of the Guerlain for holiday? That one has been ruining my budget too.

@Kelizabethr07 The Dior has been killing me.  I really overdid it on the EL VB stuff, and some other odds and ends (a big YSL purchase, the new Dior highlighter, Burberry highligher, the holiday meteorites, etc).  But I adore the Dior holiday and want most of it.  Now you're killing me with the Burberry.  I don't love most of the Guerlain though I do like the meteorites, even the sparkles.  This seems to be the year for gold and sparkles.  Fine by me.  

I'm trying to stay off BT because everytime I come on here now I see some stunning product I "need".  Oh my, it's only October!!!

@meganlisa I know what you mean! Every time I look at BT or certain blogs I add another thing to my list 😄

Ohhh this is very pretty! Thanks for the swatches!

I really like the look of this. Not sure the palette will be this pretty on me since I'm light/medium 

@blackkitty2014 I bet it would look really pretty on you 🙂 I think this palette would work on a variety of skin tones since it can be amplified or sheered out depending on your preference. The shadows were very smooth.

Here are some unsolicited swatches of some of the Burberry holiday items. From the top of the wrist down it is the Gold lipstick, the Gold Kiss cream highlighter/eyeshadow, and the new gold powder highlighter.IMG_0451.JPG

oooh, I do like that gold cream. Which is the gold powder highlight? @Kelizabethr07

@nikki25gee @blackkitty2014 the gold cream was surprisingly pigmented and very creamy. If you want something with more color than your usual highlighter I would recommend it. The gold powder is the newest highlighter from Burberry that they released for holiday. I haven't seen it for sale online yet, but my local Nordstrom had a tester out for display. I believe it is the same gold highlighter that Burberry released last holiday just with slightly different embossing. This year's version is imprinted with the phrase "My Burberry" and a bow. It's very pretty but not the most unique color.

Oh thx for letting us know. They are pretty for sure. I'll definitely check them out

1 Reply
testing