Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

Thanks Megan, great review 🙂

Thanks!!!

Thx for the review @meganlisa. I might get this if it makes its way to Sephora. I wasn't impressed with the silver and gold beginning of the year or maybe I never used 'em enough to like them. 😉 Problem of a hoarder 😉

@blackkitty2014 Been there, done that...

If you have those two you don't "need" this one!

Thanks for making and posting this video- it is super helpful! I love your eyeliner and lipstick you are wearing in it 🙂

@Kelizabethr07 YSL Mat 214 and eyeshadow used as liner from the KVD Serpentina palette.

And you're welcome!

Oh so pretty! Thanks @meganlisa! What lipstick are you wearing? Love the whole look.

@niki172 YSL 214 (Wood on fire, or whatever it's called).  I'll be uploading a video for it next.

KVD Serpentina and the Burberry on my eyes.  A D&G bronzer as a blush.

So many pretty things!!!

Those YSL's are killing my wallet! Completely agree on the too many pretty things right now!!

YSL, Chanel, Burberry...

It adds up.

Anyone swatch their runway palette yet and thoughts? I have not found a good enough swatch of it yet.

@Anewxa I want to swatch it in person or want to see it on someone with similar skin tone. It looks lovely but very few of whit toned highlights work for me.I hope I'll be able to when I go to the Dave Lackie's show.

Mostly I like it.  It's gorgeous.  The glittery silver is an overlay so will eventually be gone, meaning it won't be so stunningly gorgeous.  But the silver is glitter basically.  It looks like glitter (albeit pretty glitter) and has fallout.  I much prefer the shade under, which seems to be the same formula as the earlier gold and white ones (finely milled, only a touch metallic and beautiful.  I can't tell fully since I'm still getting glitter with every use.  And the color seems to be in between the white and gold, a better shade than either individually.  

But the glitter (temporary) while gorgeous in the palette makes evaluating the actual highlighter a little more difficult.

You will regret not getting it.

Thanks @meganlisa..going to watch your review now

@Anewxa Feedback welcome!

I wonder if that glitter has nickel in it. The crafty type does....

I totally agree @meganlisa the actual highlighter is a lovely color in between white and yellow gold- slightly beige without being too warm. 

The silver glitter is incredible in the pan but gets in the way of actually wearing it. It would be such a shame to just wipe it off because it is a work of art, but tempting from a wearability standpoint. If this hits other retailers and I can get a backup I just might. 

@lipstick4soul I'm considering a backup too!

@meganlisa are you going to do a YouTube video on it?? I didn't know if I could dupe the Burberry with say one of the Becca's or not which is why I've not purchased yet. Plus I think I'd have a really hard time ruining that beautiful overspray.

@niki172 Yes.  I'll probably shoot the video tomorrow though there is a small chance I'll get to it today.

The Burberry formula is much less metallic and is more finely milled than the Becca one. An issue I have with Becca is that a lot of their basic highlighters can be too gold or warm on me.  Burberry isn't as warm.  So I like the Burberry better, personally.  I'll let you know when I get the video up!

Ok great thanks @meganlisa! I have issues with Becca being too gold/warm as well which is why I was a bit wary of this highlighter. I'd like a more "mature" highlighter with less glitter in it if that makes sense. I've been using a lot of pink highlighters recently just because they don't seem have that much glitter in them (Dior, Laura Geller,and UD can't remember the name of the pink one) so a nice white/gold highlighter would be really nice to add to my collection. I have a feeling that this holiday season gonna's be rough on the wallet 😄

1 Reply
testing