Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

GRRRRRR

I ordered a backup of the Runway highlighter from Burberey direct. It is slated to arrive tomorrow and I just had to have them cancel the order and redirect to their warehouse so I could be refunded. Why? Because Burberry requires you to be at your home to sign for their packages on a weekday. You cannot have the package held at a local ups facility for pickup and obviously you cannot sign electronically for it. Period. They did suggest I have that one returned and a new on sent to my office. Except that is most definitely not allowed at my company. Looking online now, you can apparently ship to store (that was not offered to me on the phone). But if you don't have a store near you, and work full time, you are SOL. Whatever. 

@Libellules Burberry left mine on my doorstep, no signature required.  Not sure if that was my delivery person or them.

Hope you get your backup!

That is the dumbest policy ever! I get that Burberry also sells $$$ clothing and accessories, but it's called shipping insurance. And I'd think that if the courier were to hold the package at their facility and it gets lost/stolen, that's the responsibility of the carrier (especially if you have insurance).

I guess if you're wealthy wear Burberry everything, you can probably afford to stay home during the weekdays to receive your packages from their site.

That's terrible! I am so sorry. I had a similar experience with net a porter a few years ago and it took me ages to shop with them again. Will they let you pick up after a delivery attempt? 

Thanks @lipstick4soul. No they will not! You have 0 options. Other than pick up in store, which I didn't know about until after I'd already hung up the phone. Net-A-Porter can be difficult too, in my experience :/.

Infuriating! At least you know the item in question is worth the hassle 😉

That grinds my gears too. I had ordered underwear from Gap and they forgot to send a pair. I called and they said that since they were sending them a second time that I would need to sign for them. Why do I have to inconvenience myself because of their mistake? Another one was when I ordered some haircare and since the order was over $200 I had to be there to sign. Was it stated anywhere on the site? Heck no. I called them as was like I can order expensive electronics without signing (no I didn't decline the option either) so why is your product so special. Rant away!

@lysbainch signing for packages annoys me, but what annoys me is I was presented with 0 options except to be at home and wait for my $68 makeup item. That's ridiculous.

I have heard of some retailers only requiring a signature above a certain $$$ threshhold, and I can understand. But at least let me pick it up from UPS and sign there! They ask for ID. C'mon. Your underwear story is ridiculous :x

I agree. A certain $ threshold I can understand too but for something under $100 is overkill. Even if it gets lost and they have to replace it, it is minimal cost to a retailer like Burberry. 

I don't get why they don't allow UPS Store pickup? That should be the same as signing at home. 

Lip Velvet Lipstick in Rosewood from Beauty Box. Rose-y hint to it you might see is from YSL lip pen number 6 Muted Rose that I used to line my lips.

1.jpg

Any sightings of the black and red palette yet?

Would love to see this, too.

I forgot about that crazy thing. I hope someone gets their hands on it soon so we can see what it is and how to navigate around the black.

I saw a tester of the Givenchy Superstellar palette at a Sephora store last week and the black on it was actually plastic .. the colors were beautiful but if it's only the three stars, the amount of product is so tiny.  It was the cosmetic equivalent of the haute cuisine cliche -- an asparagus spear, an infant carrot, and one medallion of boeuf. I still want to buy it.

Anyway now I keep peering at the pics of the Burberry palette trying to see if they've done the black part of it in plastic as well. Surely not. But I haven't come across any high-res images of it either

Same!

bb.jpg

Gorgeous!

x.jpg

So glad I jumped on this one when it first came out! It's going to be a great birthday gift for my mom. Thanks for the swatches!

Thanks for the swatches! They look so different vs in the pan/bullet!

Yes! Very much different!

Thanks for the swatches! They were so hard to track down elsewhere.

You're welcome, @TKLJ ! I have some lip swatches on my phone, too... Hopefully I'll manage to post them later today...

1 Reply
testing