Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

Ditto what kso said.  I swear everything @lachaton posts I want to buy.  Everything looks so gorgeous on you!  You enabled me into buying both the Clinique cheek pops and the guerlain holiday rouge g.  😉

That looks so good with your skintone!

So pretty! Woud you say lilac is easily dupeable? I feel maybe it could be close to bite mauvember or nars anna?

Does anyone know if the Burberry London with Love Illuminating Bronzer will ever be carried at Sephora? Or if it already was? I know it was released awhile back, but I don't think I ever saw it on the site.

You could call and ask but I would guess not since it has been at least a couple of months since I saw it on Burberry direct site. (Edit: still there) I don't think it ever showed up on Sephora. 

I already posted this in the LE thread, but probably should have posted here instead.

http://www.sephora.com/summer-2016-london-with-love-blush-highlighter-P407142?skuId=1797364

@CAcay - tagging you since you mentioned looking for it.

OMG, I just got received this from Saks yesterday. I'm so upset that I called Sephora and they told me it wasn't gonna be available again -.- UGH. I haven't even tried it yet, but it's so nice to look at, I might just need another one. 😄 I. NEED. TO. BE. STOPPED. 

Thanks for posting this by the way. 🙂 @kso1225

I just bought my first Burberry cream shadow- Dusky Mauve, and I love the color.

However, the product crumbles when I try to get some out of the jar and when I apply it.

Is this typical for Burberry's cream shadows?
Also, I tried the Dusky Mauve shadow stick.  It's pigment is more concentrated, darker, and more purple.   I didn't like it.  It wears well though.  Should make a great summer shadow and last through moisture when swimming.

I have Dusky Mauve in the cream shadows. I'm not sure what you mean by crumbles? Can you describe it a little more?

Based on my experience (and everything I've read), Dusky Mauve is the "softest" in consistency. Meaning it's very squishy in the jar and can compress pretty substantially. As it compresses, it separates from the side of the jar. It's also one of the least (THE least?) pigmented of the shades.

I've never had it "crumble," but it can be a little obnoxious squishing it and "chasing" it around the jar, so to speak. Typically, in order to get any substantial amount of color, it takes about 3 applications on each eye. I could probably get away with one quick wash on each lid using my finger, but it would be extremely sheer.

I haven't tried the brush much, but the little brush it comes with is supposedly designed to be used specifically with those particular cream shadows. If you haven't tried the brush yet, it might be worth a shot. 

Hi Etscore1, thanks for your help!  What I mean is whenever I run my finger across the top of the product, it literally falls apart.  It compresses, which I expect, but also breaks into little pieces along the edge.  When I apply it to my eyes if I have anything but the thinnest layer on my finger it also balls up as I run my finger across my eye.

I did call Burberry and they said that the product shouldn't crumble, so maybe it's just old stock.

I love the color, though.  I like that it's so sheer.

Hmm... I've definitely noticed that some pieces/layers can almost flake off... I wonder if that's similar to what you're experiencing? If I rub my finger around, every once in a while it'll pick up a small flake. Honestly, sometimes I'm actually kind of excited knowing I'll get a little more pigment from it. But I don't think I've ever experienced any issues with it balling on my lid... that's interesting.

I really like the shade, but it's definitely a little strange that it completely separates from the jar along the edges. I've squished the thing so much that I end up pressing down the sides just to try and recreate the convex shape in the middle.

All those frustrations aside, I am still considering another color our two, lol. 

@etscore1, I just ran across this thread and wanted to tell you, if you haven't purchased it yet, how beautiful Burberry's cream eyeshadow in Gold Copper is.  It's really soft and creamy (more so than Dusty Mauve- I've sampled it from a few retailers.)  I can't believe that such two different colors work for me, but they do.

For those looking for the blush, my Sephora (which carries Burberry in store) had them out today 🙂

The London with love Blush palette is up on nordstrom now 🙂

I bought the Burberry full kisses lipstick in Lilac 541 and here is the lip swatch. I wear lipbalm before any  lipstick and this one is pretty comfy n creamy.I got it because of the color I don't think i have a similar shade and I m happy 😉. Wear time nt yet known as I just applied. The lilac is very pretty on medium skintone like mine too. Excuse the grey lighting.

20160411_112218-1.jpg

I love this color!! It looks gorgeous on you too-great find :  )

Anonymous Insider

Wow, looks beautiful. It's my favorite type of lip shades...Now I wonder how it compares to Tom Ford Virgin Rose 0.0

Gorgeous!..and you have already enabled me 😄

Wow! So pretty! Your skin is flawless btw Heart

Very pretty @dioradict! I purchased this item during the sale too in English Rose. I took it out for a test drive today and I must say that it was exactly what I wanted it to be in terms of color, consistency and longevity. I previously tried this color in the Lip Kisses formula and while I loved the color, I didn't care for the formula at all...too sheer and not very long lasting. I like the Lip Velvet lipstick formula but English Rose isn't available in that formula (not sure why, lol). So, when I saw it was available in the Full Kisses formula, I jumped on it hoping it would be more pigmented and had more staying power like the Lip Velvet formula. Well it is and it does (at least on my lips) so I am a happy camper.

I plan to collect more colors in Full Kisses and you are totally enabling me to consider Lilac. It looks gorgeous on you! 🙂

Lilac is lovely on you, @dioradict! It's the one that I have, too, and I really like it. I like creamy lipsticks though 🙂 I was surprised by how glossy it is! 

testing