Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

omgggg, what if they will have an eyeshadow palette??

I really hope my store (downtown SF) gets Burberry. If they do, probably won't be until they re-open the original store because it's just a temp space in the mall right now

Hey MK, the one in Walnut Creek has a Burberry counter 🙂

Anonymous Insider

What? Walnut creek? Hmmm I want to try the new foundation and see all the pretties! 

Is that your store too?! How cool! Maybe we'll run into each other some day! 😄

Anonymous Insider

I haven't seen Burberry at stoneridge so I think WC would be the closest. 

Oh awesome!! Thanks for letting me know. How exciting! Do they carry everything?

I saw the foundations, the fall palette, all of the eye kohls (even Nordstrom didn't have the entire range on display), most of the kisses and all of the lip velvets. I think they have everything..I was pleasantly surprised, as this is the store I frequent the most!

That's what I was wondering too :). I should have taken a photo, because it had the promotional photo (just a woman in a deserted area with a sweater), but I think it's called "Patchwork and Printed," which makes sense with the highlighters below 😛

I don't know which I would go crazy over more- and eyeshadow palette or a highlighter one. Either way- ahhhh!!! 

MK - I have been to "your" sephoras!  Both of them I think - I was there in June and August.  I looove SF, I'm jealous you live there!

🙂 I don't actually live in SF but work there so it's easiest for me to get to! I miss the larger store 

image.jpeg

So pretty! 

What is this, when is this, and how much is it?! ( I see white powder something!!!! Someone is thinking of us ghosts! I gotta have it whatever it is! 😄 )

I want it 😞

Does anyone know if the Lip Velvet in Pink Azalea has been discontinued? It's not on Sephora, or Nordstrom, or Burberry websites. I wanted it really bad for this fall season 😞

I used my $50 epic rewards credit on Nude and a cream shadow in Dusky Mauve.

I don't have a ton of direct experience with cream shadows, and while I can't speak for the whole line, Dusky Mauve is DEFINITELY sheer, but it is buildable, which is nice. But since it starts quite sheer, it makes for a good easy single wash. And because it's sheer, it's SUPER lightweight I just touched my eyelid and it literally feels like there's nothing there. (and I just checked to be sure - it's still there!)

Sheer definitely seems to be the overall theme of Burberry products, so it wasn't particularly surprising. I was, however, surprised how squishy it is in the pot - speaking of which, there is NOT a lot of product in the pot either, but given how thin the product is when you mush your finger around in it, it will still last for quite a long time. 

I won't bother with another review of Nude, which seems to have replaced Pale Barley as the collective favorite Burberry shade. 

I was actually looking forward to using them together, but the cream shadow has an almost slippery/slick finish (something I had read about on some blog), so it didn't work particularly well when I tried to apply Nude on top of it this morning. There was just nothing for the powder to grab onto. I can see the cream shadows working well together, however. If the others are at all similar in consistency, I think they would probably blend together seamlessly. 

And that concludes the review you never asked for. 

tl;dr:

1. Cream shadow sheer, slippery

2. Don't expect to mix cream and powder shadows

3. Nude replaces Pale Barley as signature shade 

Found some swatches of the camouflage palette! The pigmentation seems to be on the sheer side, but I still want it really bad 🙂

upload_2399004447593962873.jpg

I bought this palette and love it. The colors are a little sheer, but are easily buildable. 

If anyone missed the Burberry mini beauty box it's back on the site!  I just ordered one.

I recently received my order for the Burberry Lip & Cheek Bloom and noticed that there's a pretty significant (significant to me) variation in the amount of product in each one. I only bought 2, I don't know which one is the standard amount, whether one has less or one has more than standard. 

But that's a good amount of product missing form the Purple Tulip jar. Thats almost a months application or more for me LOL.

So beware ladies and gents! 

Spoiler
bur1.jpg
bur2.jpg
bur3.jpg
bur4.jpg

img-2252904787f.png

It does look beautiful! i'm interested to hear about how it applies/wears (particularly the purple)!

2 Replies
testing