Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

Mulberry (am I reading that right) looks gorgeous!

As do Pale Barley & Rosewood.

I hope they start carrying the brand in store. I've never had the chance to try before buying. 

Seeing how I do not own any Burberry at all (I play around with Chanel, MJ, UD, and Bite) is that trial box that's vib exclusive a good jumping off point? I have admired Burberry's collection from afar, but don't know what products are truly HG (have heard great things about their eyeshadow). I'm gunshy when it comes to purchasing foundation online as I'm porcelain complexted so I'm hard to match. Any and all suggestions/enablers welcome. Thanks in advance 🙂

Burberry is one of my favorite brands! I'm  impressed with sephora's stock. They have products nordstrom isn't selling yet, woohoo! The beauty box is a good selection of trial sizes. I love their eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, bb cream, highlighters, bronzers, and concealers. The powder products are finely milled and give a beautiful glow. 

Definitely start with the rosewood eyeshadow and earthy blush. It can go on the eyecrease and be used for a face contour or blush. Check out wendy rowe's blog, she uses earthy blush for everything and creates some gorgeous looks for the brand. I love her how to videos. 

The nordstrom SA told me the "glow" shadow is meant to be layered over the wey/dry shadows or a sheer wash of color on its own. The glow shadow in shell can double as a highlighter. Love those multitasking products   😉

Thanks for sharing the tips and suggestions

Thanks - I just went ahead and took the plunge. I'm a sucker and Sephora knows it! At least this seems like a good way to try some of their products out.

I was wondering if any of you have the 'lip and cheek bloom' and if you could post a pic of it on darker lips. For some reason I'm a light-medium in skin tone, but my lips are like a freakin' mood ring..........one day purple, the next hot pink, the next rosy..............it drives me crazy...............but on days when my lips are on the darker side, if I wear a lighter color I look silly. 

I'm also curious to see if any of you have tried the 'military red' lip velvet shade. 

Added a swatch somewhere down this thread!

Thebeautylookbook(dot)com has good swatches on pigmented lips!

Haha, I already stalk her site for that very reason! 

Hey Pishimonmishi! I can try and get some swatches tomorrow of the ones I have, but I wouldn't rely on these by themselves on the lips, they don't last beyond 1/2 hour or so, I almost always use them with either a liner or another sheer lipstick.

I can tell you though, that Poppy and Purple Tulip pack the most pigment and will hence be most noticeable on the lips (I have uneven, pigmented lips). Will get back tomorrow! 🙂

Thank you so much!

The swatches are here,

FullSizeRender 6.jpg

Eyeshadow swatch on my arm

IMG_4148.JPG

From L to R: Midnight Brown, Rosewood, Nude and Pale Barley.

I'm just popping in here, so please forgive me - is this a palette/quad? Or individual shadows? TIA 🙂

Thank you!

Wow Thanks Ivy 🙂 I am liking pale barley and rosewood 🙂

Hmmm your swatches show me why I prefer Pale Barley to Nude. Thank you. I think I might return Nude. 

Just FYI, my pale barley is in old formula, the new formula looks a little bit different.

I like them both for two different reasons. Nude is a good "going out" shade and Pale Barley us everyday. 

Ivy, Rosewood is so pretty with your skintone! I'm amazed at how different Nude swatched on you looks compared to how it swatches on me. It's a great colour! 

9 Replies
testing