Burberry Beauty Updates

[ Edited ]

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

Thebeautylookbook(dot)com has good swatches on pigmented lips!

Haha, I already stalk her site for that very reason! 

Hey Pishimonmishi! I can try and get some swatches tomorrow of the ones I have, but I wouldn't rely on these by themselves on the lips, they don't last beyond 1/2 hour or so, I almost always use them with either a liner or another sheer lipstick.

I can tell you though, that Poppy and Purple Tulip pack the most pigment and will hence be most noticeable on the lips (I have uneven, pigmented lips). Will get back tomorrow! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!

The swatches are here,

FullSizeRender 6.jpg

Eyeshadow swatch on my arm

IMG_4148.JPG

From L to R: Midnight Brown, Rosewood, Nude and Pale Barley.

(0) Hearts

I'm just popping in here, so please forgive me - is this a palette/quad? Or individual shadows? TIA Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

(0) Hearts

Wow Thanks Ivy Smiley Happy I am liking pale barley and rosewood Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Hmmm your swatches show me why I prefer Pale Barley to Nude. Thank you. I think I might return Nude. 

(0) Hearts

Just FYI, my pale barley is in old formula, the new formula looks a little bit different.

I like them both for two different reasons. Nude is a good "going out" shade and Pale Barley us everyday. 

Ivy, Rosewood is so pretty with your skintone! I'm amazed at how different Nude swatched on you looks compared to how it swatches on me. It's a great colour! 

(0) Hearts

Rosewood and Pale Barley are gorgeous! 

Could someone please tell me if their products have a strong scent to them like Guerlain... THX Smiley Happy

I have a bronzer, and it has a super strong, but very lovely odor to it. I can't really describe it well, and I'm sorry for that. I also have allergies, but this does not exacerbate that. I can smell this scent as soon as I open the bronzer, and I can even smell it on my skin after application, but it usually fades within minutes or a ½ hour max depending on the temperature. 

Oh good to know too! Thanks Smiley Happy

Yes - but only a few.

The Burberry kisses lipstick don't have a scent, but the Velvet ones do.  A very waxy smell, like lipstick from the 80s.  And I find the smell a turnoff ...so much so that I didn't buy from th ebrand for several years.

(0) Hearts

Good to know! Thanks Smiley Happy

I definitely recommend the eyeshadows, both in single and quad.W&D glow eyeshadow is very similar to Nars DI, I really love shell and nude. For powder eyeshadow, I have Rosewood and Pale Barley in old formula and midnight brown in new formula if anyone is interested in seeing the swatches.

(0) Hearts

I agree. I have all of the above in the new formula and love them. I also have almond and I love it.