Kiki1517

Brushes - What's on my vanity

I keep seeing posts asking about brushes, so I thought I would start a thread along the lines of veronika23's series of "Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine". These are all the brushes on my vanity that I use frequently. I also have a whole other set for my kit: mostly the Sigma Premium Pro, another set of the same MAC eyebrushes, more Bhumi face brushes, and a bunch of no name extras just in case.

LEFT TO RIGHT:

Fotor1121121032.jpg

• MAC 219 - Pencil
  • MAC 217 - Blending
  • MAC 224 - Blending Fluff
  • MAC 239 - Shader
  • MAC 242 - Flat Shader
  • MAC 266 - Angled Brow
  • MAC 286SE - Duo Fiber Blending
  • MAC 287SE - Duo Fiber Shader
  • Hakuhodo J142 - Round Blending
  • Hakuhodo J5523 - Round & Flat Blending
  • Amazing Cosmetics Pointed Concealer
  • UD Liner
  • UD Smudger
  • Bhumi Perfect Crease & Blending
  • Bhumi Exact Brow & Liner
  • RT Base Shadow
  • RT Shading
  • RT Domed Shadow
  • MUFE 250 - Pointed Liner
  • Sonia Kashuk Small Defining

Fotor1121121127.jpg

• Sigma F20 - Large Powder
  • Bhumi Master Genius Face - dense round top buffing
  • RT Powder
  • Sedona Lace 376 - Large Powder
  • Sedona Lace FB03 - Tapered Powder
  • Hakuhodo J5543 - Blush Brush Round & Flat
  • Sedona Lace FB05 - Contour
  • Goat Hair Paint Brush from Hobby Lobby
  • Beauty Blenders

Fotor1121121220.jpg

• RT Blush
  • RT Duo Fiber Face
  • RT Duo Fiber Contour
  • RT Expert Face
  • RT Contour
  • Tarte Blush 
  • Bhumi Begin Blush
  • MAC 187SE - Duo Fiber Blending
  • MAC 159SE - Duo Fiber Face
  • MAC 159 - Duo Fiber Face (I liked the SE one so much for foundation, that I had to buy the long handled one. The SE is actually kinda scratchy after a few washes :/)
  • Hakuhodo J5521 - Tapered Highlighter
  • Hakuhodo J4004 - Fan
spoiledbrat

Re: Brushes - What's on my vanity

Kiki - i love the frosted and gold glasses - always have my eyes peeled for them and little anything that can fit into the medicine cabinet; espresso cups, voitives, etc. the medicine cabinet just looks sweet inside - i love to junk :smileyhappy:

melde

(0) Hearts

So fun!

So which brushes are your favorite, can't-live-without-them brushes?

Kiki1517

I go through stages of favoring certain brushes, just as I do makeup. But right now, these are my go-to everyday:

Foundation: MAC 159. Since I'm using Estee Lauder Double Wear, which dries quickly and I have to work in sections, this brush is small and blends it out to perfection.

Blush: I have been using the MAC 187. Allows me to softly blend out my contour with blush.

Bronzer: Sedona Lace FB03 - fluffy and tapered for quick bronzing. It's similar to the RT blush brush if it were tapered instead of round.

Powder: I'm not so picky about a powder brush, it just has to be fluffy and super soft. I would go with RT.

Highlight: I am in love with the Hakuhodo J5521, just the right size for my face. I use the RT Contour brush to set my undereyes.

Eyes:

• MAC 219
  • MAC 224
  • MAC 266
  • Hakuhodo J5523 - perfect crease brush! It's fluffy but flat at the same time.
  • MUFE 250 - I took all my other liner brushes off the vanity once I used this. Stays pointy, whereas many other start to fray after you wash or are more flat at the tip.
girlystuff63

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the pics and advice

melde

(0) Hearts

Thanks girl! Great tips!

Spyski

Gorgeous sets! I'm having trouble stashing my brushes in my makeup container in which they lay horizontal. Any ideas on storing them vertically without being too expensive? I like the Sephora beads, but haven't found any inexpensive ones.

Kiki1517

I've switched it up a few times and the containers I have now seem to be sticking with me. I found that the smaller the container, the brushes don't fall over. So I was at the Goodwill and saw these glass cups for $0.69 and they're perfect. The bigger brushes that don't fit I have stored in a ceramic vase I made in hs with a small old scarf stuffed in the bottom (I think they were supposed to be plant pots. 12 years ago is too long lol). I tried some beads from the craft store but they're not the same as the Sephora ones and it was really hard to shove my brushes down in them so ended up being too much of a hassle, as well as the kiddos always getting into them.

IMG_20131121_124432.jpgIMG_20131121_124523.jpg

Spyski

Oh nice! Thanks, I found a neat idea with beans. Yeah, BEANS! I think I'm gonna grab a bag at the grocery store next time Im out to try it!brushes4.jpg

smallpio

(0) Hearts

This is exactly how I store my brushes! I really love how it looks, just keep in mind that you should replace the beans at least every year. They start to lose their shells, and in a damp bathroom they could get germy. 

ChicDabbler

I actually use coffee beans in cups for my brushes. It's a little whiff of wake-me-up when I apply makeup in the morning since the butt of my brushes smell like coffee, lol.

swanbeauty

(0) Hearts

Ha!!  I thought I was the only one who used food items for this!!  I couldn't find beads I liked, so I used rice!  :smileysurprised:)

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I LOVE this idea. I'm not sure I'll use beans, but I seriously want to try this. I hate constantly rooting around for the right brush.

aggiegirl2012

I use rice in mine :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

Wowza - what a great collection!  You do an excellent job. Do you model on the side? Breath taking Kiki! :smileyhappy:

violalea

Yeah agree. Your new profile looks so beautiful.

Kiki1517

Thank you. I just bought a bunch of lashes from Flutter Lashes Inc. and was playing around with them yesterday.

Kiki1517

BTW as I was typing this up an email came in, Bhumi is having 70% off for black friday. Code: BHUMIFRIDAY. I wish I hadn't bought the Sigma kit now, because the Master 30pc that is usually $899 will only be $270! I need to hibernate by the turkey that day lol.

girlystuff63

(0) Hearts

So you like the Sigma?  They are actually good?

axya

(0) Hearts

gee thanks. do you recommend any specific brush? I'm esp interested in eye brushes ;D

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

wow ! 

Ive never heard of this brand, thanks for the code. 

Nicrohr

OMG awesome.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • poshified
    • swanbeauty