warriorwitch

Brush Sets <3

swfupload_7684945007241765436.jpgSo I have been crushing hard on brush sets lately. I need more brushes, especially eye brushes. I just got the Sonia Kashuk Fall Brush Up set yesterday, which at $27 is a steal (its not sold online though, but the Target website will tell you if its in stock near you). What are some other brush sets you love/want/can't live without?

warriorwitch

Re: Brush Sets <3

(0) Hearts

So I just used the set for the first time. I used the duo fiber, blender, shadow, crease and angled brow brushes. They all worked really well and only the shadow brush (fifth in the pic) shed, just one hair. The eye shadow brushes could be a little bit softer (which may happen after a couple of washes). While its not replacing any of my current favorites I feel I got my money's worth. :smileyvery-happy: Also, I love that these have nice long handles. I don't know why but short rush handles just seem disappointing to me... I know, its weird.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

You have to be careful with some of the Sonia Kashuk brushes...I got a travel set and the eye brushes were harsh and unusable

Sigma Mr. Bunny Essential Kit

swfupload_3930690857958734932.jpg

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

I have noticed that drugstore brush sets especially tend to be hit or miss, though I have had very good luck with the SK brushes so far (but this is my first set). I haven't used it just yet, though I will in a few minutes here. I have tested each brush in the set (a sort of "dry run", not very gently either) and so far they seem to give pretty good bang for the buck.

kimchikween

That set above looks good - the ones I got had white handles and were part of a travel kit - unfortunately I couldn't test them at Target...all brands have good and not as good collections

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

True, perhaps I should have said its hit or miss with sets of brushes that are not for sale individually. I think sometimes they skimp because its only going to be in the set, where as when you buy a brush individually its going to get held to a higher standard. In a set you might let a not as good brush or two slide if the rest of the set is good, know what I am saying?

Kiki1517

Brushes are my weakness. I saw this in Target and slapped myself, saying noooo you do not NEED it lol. If we are talking just sets and not individual, my top favorites are:

1. BHUMI Core Brush set $269 (I buy these when Kandee Johnson gets her 40-50% off coupon codes, so far it has been during the holidays and on her bday)IMG_0734-300x300.jpg
  2. BHUMI Begin Brush set $99
  3. Real Techniques Core Collection $18
  4. And I am now contemplating buying the Sedona Lace Vortex Professional Set $89 (when I feel like jumping off the deep end again lol)113.jpg

Now if I was really crazy, I could purchase the Tom Ford set if it comes back around for $365...makes your mouth water though!NMC15LW_mx.jpg

aviscardi

*drooling* I have 3 more mufe brushes on my list and they're all $40-55 . I just saw the tom ford bronzer brush in lisaz09 video and i died at the price lol. i think it was $100?!

beethousand

I have the Tom Ford Bronzer Brush - it's AMAZING!! I use mostly Mac brushes with a few Hakuhodos, RT, and Sephora brushes, but the Tom Ford brushes are amazing. I think my boyfriend is going to get me the Cream Foundation Brush and the Cheek Brush for the holidays. 

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

They certainly look wonderful, though I would be afraid to use them. XD

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

The Tom Ford brushes are just so beautiful. I could stare at them all day lol.

warriorwitch

Oooh, nice. I am doing some Googling and oogling right now. XD

You can throw out individual brushes too if you want, I think I could force myself to look at some awesome free range brushes. :smileywink:

Kiki1517

Fave single brushes:

Banner61.jpg

• BHUMI Large Genius Face Brush (from the master line)- probably the most dense foundation brush you will ever see in your life! About 2.5 inches in diameter, I can buff in my foundation so quickly with this. Only downfall is that because it is so dense, takes longer to wash, but it's worth it.
  • Real Techniques Contour Brush - I use this to highlight, haven't ever gotten the hang of a fan brush.
  • Real Techniques setting Brush - setting undereye concealer
  • Real Techniques Powder Brush - sooooo fluffy!
  • Sedona Lace Tulip Contour FB03 - Bronzer (that's the 2nd from the left up above)
  • Sedona Lace Powder #376
  • Sedona Lace Pointed Crease EB15 (8th in from right)
  • MAC Pencil Brush - perfectly soft but pointed for detail
  • MAC 242 - applying lid color
  • BHUMI Perfect Crease & Blending Brush 
  • Beauty Blender - not a brush but only thing that I can really apply my concealer with without it accentuating fine lines.
melissabt

Re: Brush Sets &lt;3

Hi Warriorwitch,

Right now my crushing on the SEPHORA COLLECTION Prestige Luxe Brush Set. I don't need any of them yet but, if I wanted to replace my entire collection this is the set I would get.

http://www.sephora.com/prestige-luxe-brush-set-P378130?skuId=1489673

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • warriorwitch
    • Kiki1517