chlotam

Bought it, then forgot it, then rediscovered?

The other day I was browsing through my makeup collection when I came across my Benefit Poesy Tint. I bought this nearly 3 years ago and then just completely forgot about it until now. Well, I pulled it out of my storage and discovered that I absolutely love it!

Have any of you rediscovered products you forgot about purchasing only to realize that they're almost HG status? What's your favorite product that you bought, then forgot, then rediscovered!

irenet

Re: Bought it, then forgot it, then rediscovered?

(0) Hearts

Was heading out to the beach and wanted to use a BB cream but found I didn't have one. In the bottom of my case I found my NARS tinted moisturizer with SPF. Bought it last summer and completely forgot about it. Saved the day for me.

chlotam

(0) Hearts

Ohhh I love the NARS tinted moisturizer!

mrsbaine

Yeah, this happens... A lot. (Hangs head in shame). I bought the Smashbox hazel eyes palette; used it maybe twice and it sat in a drawer. I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Same thing with my Marc Jacob The a Glam trio. Really pretty palette; forgot I had it until last week. Didn't stop me from buying two couture palettes this week. I've got real addiction problems. :smileyhappy: 

chlotam

You forgot about Marc Jacobs??? Crazy talk! Well… Actually… Now that I think about it, I just found an old Chanel quad that I forgot about :smileysurprised:

mrsbaine

It happens!!!! 

hackneyfl

Shameful (if you are forgetting about makeup ... hmmmm maybe you shouldn't be buying new stuff huh?) I could be wrong though ;-)

chlotam

(0) Hearts

Hahahahaha funny.

mrsbaine

If only I could stop! I think I'll be picking up a new Chanel quad today. :smileywink: 

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

Good topic. I do this so often, its crazy. Just this evening I rediscovered Mac's "Dominate" lipstick and my smashbox kaleidoscope eyeshadow palette... But when you hoard as much make up as I do, I am rediscovering my stuff all the time.

chlotam

(0) Hearts

Haha I know right? I have makeup hidden all over the house, its sort of like a fun ninny treasure hunt lol

HarlemJPN

Fun thread!

i totally forgot that I had 5 deluxe samples of the Nude Serum. I was just going through my sample bag, and I came across them. Eureka! My parched skin drank it up, and it saved me a trip (and it woulda been a pricey one!) to Sephora.

mrsbaine

I have several of them too! do you like them enough to repurchase? I still haven't finished current brand. 

HarlemJPN

(0) Hearts

I don't know yet. I like it, but I am not sure I am sold on it. I may save one of the deluxe samples for fall/winter to test it out better, as my skin is sooooo much dryer in the fall/winter.

i really like its texture and it goes on lovely and smooth, but I don't think it is worth the price.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I have not been wearing makeup again for very long, so this does not really apply to me.  However, there are a ton of things I have purchased over the past 14 months that I have yet to try.  Thanks to reading this, I am going to wear Posie Tint (which I have had for a little bit) for the first time whenever I wear makeup next.

chlotam

It seriously gives such a beautiful natural flush! Almost reminiscent of Dior Rosy Glow

notcreative

I have never tried Dior Rosy Glow (but I do not own that and am on a no buy).  Maybe, I will try it in the future.

chlotam

(0) Hearts

You definitely should if you like blushes

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • mrsbaine
    • BlushHoarder
    • notcreative
    • irenet