Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

Okay I am already amazed with the Bobbi to Glow palette. I used the gold shade today and dipped into it with a pretty dense brush because I know my Pink Quartz doesn't pick up that well. Well with this palette that was a mistake! It's so pigmented and the powders are so soft and blendable. Such a pretty glow and it's more intense than I would have thought which I am so pleasantly surprised with. Off course you could go in with a less dense brush and not have your highlight so blinding but I personally love an intense highlight. I say it's a must have!

Edit: Okay do I need Pink Glow? It's on the site right now and I don't own it. I just bought Bronze glow and am obsessed with it. Is the pink one amazing as well?

@jesscheems I have noticed a real improvement (in part, consistency) with BB quality.  I've loved everything I've gotten recently.  I do not have pink glow, but am now tempted.  

I'm going to check out Bobbi to glow!  Thanks!

Bobbi to Glow is super nice! Definitely didn't expect the pigmentation/quality to be that great honestly because I wasn't impressed with my Pink Quartz single!

20% off today, orders $50 and up

bobbi.jpg

Okay just placed my first order with Bobbi Brown direct for Pink Glow. I've never ordered direct and hope all goes well 😄

I really love pink glow for a more work appropriate (if possible?) highlight. Hope you enjoy it too!

Oh perfect @kilov I can't wait to see what it looks like on my face! 😄 Because when I swatched Bronze glow in store it looked nice but on my face I was obsessed! So I figured that might be how I'll feel about Pink Glow which is why I bought it 😉

@jesscheems you will be happy with the order! I ordered a single shadow a while back and it was packaged so nice I think they sent it free gift wrapped. 

Thanks @Anewxa 😃 Pink glow has been gone from Sephora and The Bay so I had to order. FOMO 😄

I picked up three lipsticks -- Cocoa and Hot Cocoa in the regular lip color formula, and Bond in the Luxe formula (my first time trying it).

@Miradan I'd love to see swatches or hear your thoughts when they arrive.  I don't have any of those.

@meganlisa Absolutely!

OMG do I need a backup of my Bobbi to Glow 😄

Wow.  SUPER shady alert.  I found a listing for my "$40+ value" mystery gift from Bobbi Brown for $23.  I then talked to the customer chat line.  This the the response I got:

FullSizeRender.jpg

I pointed out that this would be a little misleading to customers because the ad said "$40+ value", and I was promptly disconnected from the chat.  -_-

That's very shady especially from an established brand like BB. The wording for "$40+" and "up to $40" is completely different. I don't think you're petty for complaining at all. It's false advertising.

Considering that they often have promos for free deluxe samples for skincare, I'm surprised they didn't just throw in a few of those to easily make up the difference in value.

That's super shady, they're trying anything to not fix their mistake 😕

Wow that is pretty shady. They shouldn't have written it like that. I would have thought it was worth $40 too!! How crappy. They need to re-write that and offer you something!!

I sent an email including the screen shot of the promo clearly stating it was "$40+ value".  I feel kind of petty complaining about this, but it was just such a disappointing CS reaction.

I'd immediately contact Bobbi Brown CS by phone. The promo was clearly $40+ as I gave it serious consideration before deciding to wait until Black Friday (I've not been pleased with my mystery gift in the past, though it was in the promo parameters.)  Bobbi Brown should provide the gift they committed to in their advertisements. I hope you get resolution. This promo has been horribly managed on BB's end.

I followed up with an email.  I've never had to really complain to CS like this before - maybe I've been spoiled by Amazon's awesome CS - so I hope I managed to make the email firmly worded but not mean or angry 😕  It originally wasn't a huge deal to me that the promo was 1/2 the value described, but the way this was handled by CS so far is really disappointing 😞

Got my mystery giftupload_369846927483747110.jpg

Looks to be an older Bobbi To Go longer travel size pack.  Includes mascara, black eyeliner,makeup remover, and eyeshadow stick in pink-gold (looks gorgeous).  Not sure of the value, but these are at least all things I will use.  It looks a lot like the VIBLONG promo + mascara.

The Cool Dusk palette I bought is probably the most beautiful packaging I've ever seen!  The shadows are beautiful, too, although I'm debating returning because I think they may be too cool-toned for me.  4/5 shades look fine, but I just can't see myself pulling off the matte grey at all.  I wish they made a warmer version of this because its so compact and the brush seems to be very high qualityIMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

1 Reply
testing