Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

I just got back from my local sephora store. They had a kit I don't see online.

$25.00 Mini bobbi brown long wear liner pot in black scotch + liner brush+makeup remover.

The liner is sooooo cute.

It's the same size as the liners in this:

http://www.sephora.com/luxe-eye-edition-shadow-long-wear-gel-eyeliner-palette-P413257?skuId=1860345&...

@tigrlilyem I wish it were online!  Now I'm so curious!!!

The bobbi brown lipstick set is up on the BB site

bobbi.jpg

I don't know if I'll be able to post images tonight, but I just wanted to give my opinion of the Luxe lipsticks I own.

I bought a few when they first came out; one thing I noticed is that the colors morphed a lot on me, even though they are saturated.  A good bit of the pinks and mauves turned brown on me. Some, I didn't mind, but it made it difficult for me to find ones I liked.

The formula has a good deal of "slip," and will apply easily.  So easily, I recommend a lip liner unless you are going for a "smudged" look of rubbing the lipstick on like balm.

Having said all that, they are pretty.  I have:

1. Your Majesty- Almost a dead ringer for Chanel's Red Noir.

2. Hibiscus- In the tube it looks like a medium warm rose.  On my lips it turns slightly brown.  A great everyday shade.

3. Soft Berry- A darker version of Hibiscus.

Huh. I have the same 3 shades and haven't experienced the issues you've listed above, though I don't have any lighter shades in the Luxe line. I have quite a few Luxe lipsticks, purchased after trying on at the counter and they have been fairly true to color on me and I've not found the need for a lip liner. Most of my shades are in the mauve to darker range.

I do experience shade issues with Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks. They look so differently depending on the tone of one's natural lip. I've stopped buying them online because I can't guarantee I'll like the finish. Maybe this is the issue you are experiencing with the BB Luxe lipsticks.  It's too bad because these lipsticks are beautifully pigmented and hydrating.

@Ispend2much6 Thanks!  I don't have any of these.  The smudged concept sounds interesting.  I like that look sometimes.  More to want!

Holiday brightening brick in naked!

Although it isn't my favorite brand, I do like the regular lip color line, and I am easily sucked in by the rows of pretty lipsticks and friendly sales associates at my local BB counter. I have 4 or 5 lipsticks that I really like. I think the Luxe line is overpriced for the brand so haven't tried it yet, but will probably pick up a couple of the recent additions, Bond and Uber Rose.

Bobbi Brown does lipsticks well. The majority of my lipsticks are from this brand; the various formulas just work well for me. I feel the Luxe line is the first that really competes with higher end brands. I almost always buy them at a discount (via dept store sale/gift card promo, CCO).

I find BB's eyeshadow palettes overpriced, poorly pigmented, and I completely dislike the shimmer/sparkle shades. The City Collection and holiday line will bring me back to BB palettes, though it's under great scrutiny first.  I wish her eyeshadow shimmer/sparkle shades were more at the level of Tom Ford/Charlotte Tilbury.

I adore the Brightening Bricks.

I got a luxe lipstick in neutral rose, and it's a great formula. Really creamy, pigmented and lasted a long time on my lips.

I like the lipstick line as well, and agree on the luxe line.  I'm not ready to take that plunge yet.

Brown is still a personal favorite shade, and I think it was the first from the line I ever bought (sentimental value).

@meganlisa,I received a sample of Brown a few months ago, and I'm so glad I did.  I like it by itself, but when I put the sheer lip color shade Cherry Pink on top of it, it made the perfect red for me!

@Ispend2much6 I will always have a soft spot for brown.  It was the first really polished professional lipstick I wore.   And I still think it's a great shade.  Perhaps not the most exciting...but it looks so lovely.

bobbi brown.png

Swatches of Telluride and Afternoon Glow 😃 In the lower picture of the pans, Afternoon Glow is shown and then Telluride. Swatches on my hand show Telluride first and then Afternoon glow, in case it looked wrong. I hope that somewhat made sense haha

@meganlisa

I just cant decide if i want one of these or not. 

Macy's has a promotion for less then $35 each. They are beautiful. Get it @annypoo

Ahh I think I'm going to do it! Telluride or Sunset Glow?

I'm the minority one. I like the pink one which is Sunset Glow the most. Telluride is mauve color so it is really depending what you prefer.

@jesscheems You're right, I love afternoon glow.  So pretty.  I can see where the formula would highlight pores/skin texture.  It seems metallic.  I can deal with that but not everyone can.  With my skin tone, I just love afternoon glow!

Thanks!

Did you get any @meganlisa? I love the Sunset Glow so much that I hoard both Afternoon Glow and Telluride 😉 I wear them as both blush topper and highlighter. They are really pretty.

@blackkitty2014 I've been dropping things in and out of my basket.  I have less than an hour to decide!  I will likely end up with something.  Thanks for the input!

16 Replies
testing