arielaaaaaaaa

Blush/ Bronzer help please.

So i've been doing some research on blushes and bronzers, I've never really played around with them at all. I would really like to start using a blush and bronzer to kind of contour alittle. But I have no idea which are best for medium-tan skin. My cheeks are alittle pink, and i have yellow undertones, I don't know if thats important for picking blushes and bronzers. But i do know i don't like pink blushes, I don't really like how they look on me, i prefer something more of a peachy coral shade. Any suggestions anyone has would be great, also i don't like shimmer, so any recommendations on matte blushes and bronzers, and maybe some tips with applying? Thanks in advance.

ayen85

Re: Blush/ Bronzer help please.

[ Edited ]

Ive been trying out the too faced chocolate soleil bronzer and so far im loving it! Compared to thebalm bahama mama its more pigmented and doesnt look orange on my skintone.im yellow toned but leaning towards neutral (lol)! ... for blushes i suggest the chanel joues contraste in rose initial or the tom ford flush. They are the best ive tried. I have tried the tarte amazonian clay but it just doesnt seem to last on me w/c is a huge bummer! And oh the kevyn aucoin sculpting powder is awesome too. i just wish sephora would carry that brand though,

ashhay

(0) Hearts

I love tarte Amazonian clay blushes in buff and exposed. I believe I could use those shades to contour with and I'm NC42 in Mac. Of course contouring seems like an extra step I would not want to bother with in my morning routine.

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

thebalm Frat Boy sounds like something you would like! It is a light coral colored blush. It is matte, I prefer no shimmer in my blushes. I just bought this recently, as well as Down Boy, which is a soft pink, matte shade. 

makeupmaven

I love using the tips of a fan brush for contouring...definitely blend well and don't pick up a ton of product (I like doing the "3" and E" contour, sweeping along the hairline, under the cheekbones, along the jawline...also sides of the nose, even the outer edge of the ear and underneath the jaw to slim this area...I know Lylysa has it covered in more detail but that's my quick version).

lylysa

:smileytongue: I just gave visuals to what you stated, that's all! I would always tell clients about the "3"/"E" technique and the sides of the nose like an "11"!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure someone will pop on here sooner or later and recommend Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Tipsy (*cough* lylysa *cough*)!  :smileyvery-happy:  I haven't tried Tipsy but I do have the one in Natural Beauty.  One thing I love about the packaging is that the blush pans are easy to pop out of the case, and that the mirror opens all the way to a 180 degree.

arielaaaaaaaa

I've had my eye on Tipsy, Lol, I'm waiting for Lylysa as well to pop in!!

lylysa

Did someone say my name? :smileytongue:

Tipsy is a gorgeous, soft peach, it's perfect to add some color but not emphasize redness in skin tone already.

Coralista from Benefit and Peach Leopard from Too Faced area also good recommendations. If you want a color in the same family as Coralista but don't want the satin finish/slight shimmer, Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Blissful works beautifully. It's a balanced coral shade that isn't too bright and is quite balanced with a blend of coral, peach, and pink in a matte finish. It's one of my favorites.

As for bronzers that are matte, I'm a fan of the chocolate bronzers from Too Faced, they're formulation is gorgeous and they apply so smooth and don't look chalky or dull. Plus they smell like chocolate too!

As for application tips, take a gander at this thread, I know I post/link it all the time, but it's got quite a bit of info for applying blush, bronzer, and even highlighter plus tips on what tools to use.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/experimenting-with-new-makeup-ideas/m-p/416325#M1078

veevali

I agree with the chocolate bronzes from too faced. I have the dark one, but have light skin and its so easy to work with and great for contouring. Also, they just changed their packaging to this pretty gold thing, and I really really want it! I have to wait till I finish mine up though, which may take forever...

drrragon

Makeup Batman!!!! na na na nana Batmaaaaaaan!

bananachoox3

[ Edited ]

I love Tipsy! Don't be afraid of how it looks in the pan! Another two colors I adore is Blissful and Exposed. I love them in the summer. I agree with Too Faced Bronzer as well, actually I agree with everything lylysa said. LOL Another good matte bronzer is Benefit's Hoola.

I forgot to mention, I'm wearing Tipsy today! 

arielaaaaaaaa

Thanks Lylysa! Your advice is always so helpful!

lylysa

Aw, thank you, thank you! :smileyhappy: You are too kind!

If you look up Too Faced's French Riviera kit, it'll show the tutorial cards that gives you options/variations on bronzing techniques (not to mention it coming with an array of bronzers to play with!

arielaaaaaaaa

@Drrragon, I've seen the CORALista and thought it pretty, I'll have to look into that more. And thanks for the brush suggestions!

@Beautylovingirl, I'll have to look into that, i hope it's at my local Sephora so i can see it in person! Thanks!

beautylovingirl

The Peach Leopard Brightening and Perfecting Bronzer from too faced is what I use on occasionally and I love it. I'm like you I have a medium to tan skin tone and I also like peachy shades better.

Hope this helps!

drrragon

Benefit CORALista! :smileyvery-happy:  It was one of my all-time favorite blushes.  I also love my Tarina Tarantino in Parasol but sadly Sephora doesn't sell them any more.  CORALista isn't totally matte but has a subtle sheen to it, no glitter or shimmer.

Benefit Hoola is a nice matte bronzer that works for my light-medium skin.  

For precise application, I like using an angled blush brush.  To blend it out, I like my Real Techniques Blush Brush.  For contouring with a darker color, I use a smaller brush for precision,  Real Techniques Duo Fiber contouring brush.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ashhay
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl