Answer
angelclarice
Best swim proof, water proof, beach proof makeup products
[ Edited ]

Hello, I am going on a long  vacation in two weeks and would like to know some tried and true make up products (cover up, eye liner, mascara etc...) that are extremely waterproof/swim proof. I know of a few and would like to hear if anyone has some tried and true products they use for vacations/beach play.

I appreciate your feedback!

Angelclarice.com

Beauty and Wellness

Thanks to those that have responded already. Actually there are quite a few products that are truly water proof /swim proof, which I use when I go on vacation and have had the product last through swimming in the pool/beach/ocean.

I was just curious if anyone knew of any other products that I wasn't aware of. I have listed the products I have found to be very waterproof that you can go in the water for long periods of time and still have most if not all your makeup still on.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
ran8
Answered

Truthfully, nothing holds up to humidity + chlorine or salt water.  Not even waterproof mascara.  Plus, if you are more of an avid swimmer, chances are you will accidentally rub off the makeup/eyes after going underwater by habit.  Mascara in the eye is one of the more unpleasant experiences.  

Save the trouble of staining towels, bloodshot eyes, and raccoon circles post swim.  Enjoy the weather and atmosphere more than the makeup when swimming.  If going out to eat or somewhere more fancy, then wear makeup.  Play up on a few waterproof accessories instead (or items that will not break your heart if they get wet/damaged).

But if determined, Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes have held up decently.  Less application of product will help items from smearing as badly too. 

Best of luck. 

katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

I totally agree with ran8 -- nothing is truly water and humidity proof (except maybe the professional cosmetics used by synchronized swimmers, but I wouldn't go through all of that trouble). Eyeliner will hold up decently well, but no liquid makeup does, particularly after long periods in the water. No "waterproof" mascara has ever lasted for me (believe me, I tried -- during my stint on swim team, I tried many different waterproof mascaras, but all of them left me with raccoon eyes). I think if you're adamant about wearing makeup while in water, eyeliner and a lipstain are your best bets.

For an eyeliner, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes is good, and some of Tarte's lipstains (the matte ones in particular) should last.

megcee
Answered
I'm not sure about extremely but Tarte Waterproof Bronzer and Lancôme Effacernes Undereye Concealer are definitely waterproof. I wore them in the Dominican Republic last May and when I removed my makeup at night those products came off (i.e., lasted through the day) and I am oily and was in the pool and ocean all day. I know Benefit Benetint is supposed to be waterproof and I like that product. There are lots of waterproof eyeliners and mascaras so I'd look for the highest reviews. Enjoy your vacay!
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • ran8
    • megcee
    • angelclarice