kaydeezy

Best primer.

Best matte primer for combination skin?

Mollycj

Re: Best primer.

(0) Hearts

I absolutely love Tarte Perfecting Primer (purple bottle). It really helps from oil breaking through.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I like both the NARS and Laura Mercier primers.

beautylovingirl

@ellevee09- I'm so glad you tried the Algenist primer. I knew the way the girls at the office went through the samples we got it had to be some good stuff. ^.^

ellevee09

I used to use the hourglass veil which I'm still very much in love with but lately I've been using Algenist pore corrector anti-aging primer. It leaves a satin finish and my makeup stays in place all day! I'm also using the Algenist gel moisturizer which is so light weight without leaving my skin all greasy! Ask for a sample. Hope you like it!!! :smileywink: 

Algenist.JPG

roxystar4

I like hourglass mineral veil

lolo01

Try Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch I love this stuff 

BeautyLove02

I just got Benefit Porefessional and it's okay, but as another poster said, the effects are short-lived. I may have to try the Clinique someone mentioned. I thought it was similar to Dr.Brandts Pore Refiner, but I didnt know the Clinique could be used as a primer. I cant figure out how to use the Dr.Brandt with makeup because it sucks my makeup up- if that makes sense? I will be interested to see other posts on this because I have the same questions as you kaydeezy :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

i have large pores and oily skin and have tried several different primers.  The ones i like the best are benefits prefessional and cliniques pore refining solutions instant perfector.  They both have a similar consistency, which is a little thicker that the average primer.  This helps to fill in pores and fine lines for a smotther look.  The difference between the two products is that Benefits prefessional has a floral scent, which is very nice, while cliniques has no scent, like most of their products.  The other difference is that Clinique instant perfector also matifies the skin, which benefits porefessional does not.  For this reason, I like Cliniques product the best.  I don;t hear much about this product from anyone, which sirprises me because it really is a great product that does several things in one.

TheMonica81

I just tried the POREfessional and I love  it! Its amazing.

jennypenny1995

Personally, I have oily skin in my t-zone and have yet to find a primer that works and/or doesn't feel heavy.  Benefit's Porfessional is the closest but doesn't have long lasting effects.

laurabt

Hi Kaydeezy, I too have combination skin and I like the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector and Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector.jpg

Benefit The POREfessional.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • ellevee09