AznAngelLiz

Best of 2013

Hey ladies (and gents?) –

As 2013 is coming to a close, I thought we’d like to share the best products we discovered/tried/bought this year. Let’s break it into sub-categories. I’ll go first

Face – Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation – I feel like this is my holy grail foundation, but I still want to try others.

Eyes – Laura Mercier Artist palette – It won’t be a Laura Mercier list, I promise

Lips – Dior Crème de Rose lip balm

Best deal – I’m going to cheat and say two: All the mini perfumes for 100 points instead of 250 points and the Nars Guy Bourdin blush palette

PS – Sorry I’ve started waaay too many threads the past few days. That’s what cabin fever will do to ya! Well, that and draining your wallet from all the online shopping you do. Lol

PPS - Feel free to add other categories as well, these were the only ones I could think of at the moment.

glamglitters

Re: Best of 2013

(0) Hearts

Face: Dior Airflash Foundation, It Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer, Tarte Maracuja Concealer

Eyes: Lorac Pro Palette

Lips: YSL Lipsticks or Urban Decay Lipsticks

emilyknits

(0) Hearts

Face - The Secret to No Makeup Makeup. I ignore all the directions (although I guess I could get better results with them) and just apply as-needed, with good results!

Eyes (and Best Deal) - Tarte Amazonian Clay Eye and Cheek Palette. I love love love it for travel, and the colors give me all kinds of options.  Plus I got it when it was on sale!

Lips - Fresh Sugar lip scrub

Nails - Formula X, Formula X, Formula X!  If there is such a thing as an HG nail polish, the system is it for me. I am anything but careful with my nails and I can seriously go for a week without needing much of a touch-up.

Skin (bath/body) - Soap and Glory The Scrub of Your Life

Skin (face) - F.A.B. Ultra Repair face moisturizer

Fragrance - Tie between Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT (fancytimes), and Chloe (everyday)

aggiegirl2012

(0) Hearts

Face: 

- Beauty blender

- L'oreal true match lumi foundation for when I'm dry & dull

- MAC Matchmaster for when I'm oily

- UD Naked skin for light coverage on normal skin days

- L'oreal dream lumi concealer for under the eyes. It definitely was put through the finger to earn its place

Cheeks:

- Kevyn Aucoin  The Scuplting Powder is Hans down my favorite powder to contour with. It's impossible to have trouble blending with how finely milled this is

- NARS blush in Sin has become my go to, though I loved torrid in the warmer months

- Still toying with highlighters

Eyes:

- LORAC Pro palette has been my go to all year, even about my LM artist

- Maybelline Lots o lashes gives me the fullest, longest lashes- more so than YSL, benefit, Lancôme, etc :/

Lips:

- Fresh brown sugar lip polish

- nuxe reve de mile lip balm

- MAC prep & prime lip

- UD liner in ozone

-  OCC lip tars in black dahlia, vintage, hoochie, & pretty boy

Skncare:

- caudalie divine oil has kept winter dryness off my face

- boots no 7 exfoliating wash has very tiny spheres to gently exfoliate

Haircare:

- alterna cc cream has been wonderful

- tresemme keratin serum has become a recent favorite as I start growing out my pixie cut, my hair has been smoother and shinier without feeling weighed doWn or greasy since it's addition, which is something for my fine hair

crayzeeRN

Yeeeek!! This thread is one giant "enable crayzeeRN!"

I keep adding things to my love list... *hangs head in shame*

viviene23

[ Edited ]

Here's my best of 2013 discovery favorites:

** bad night time photography but pic heavy for my fellow beauty enthusiasts :-) **

Skincare:

faves-skincare.jpg

1. Amore pacific enzyme peel - gentle but it works...I know because when I'm on a skin peeling regimen, this product noticeably sloughs off my peeling skin. I use it twice daily. Love it!

2. Nuxe body contouring oil - I don't know if it works as cellulite control but I love how it keeps my skin moisturized all day.

3. Korres wild rose sleeping facial - awesome stuff...my skin is noticeably brighter the next day.

4. Kose sekisho mask - works well for blackheads and peachfuzz (thanks beautytester for your review of this!)

5.Bee yummy skinfood - hands down one of the best moisturizers I have ever used and its all organic and natural! I discovered this in NYC and after I bought it, I found out it was actually celeb and models favorite. Comparable to la mer in terms of moisturization (better I think) but so much cheaper and better for you.

6. M2 skin refinisher (mama lotion)  - the best at home peel I've used hands down.

7. Marula oil- lightweight oil, my favorite next to Rodin.

Hair:

faves-hair.jpg1. Alterna bamboo root lifting spray - I'm so happy with this purchase...volumizes my hair but not sticky or heavy on the scalp. My favorite is oribe and this is a close second.

Makeup: face

faves-face.jpgAs you can see...I'm a big guerlain fan:

1. Guerlain crazy pearls meteorites - pinkish glow

2. Guerlain mythic meteorites voyage - perfect for travelling...I love meteorites but I dont want to ruin the tin in my bag so this is an awesome solution plus it is refillable but it would take forever to finish this thing. It is also very luxe...so happy with it.

3.Guerlain pressed powder compact - mattifying but still gives me the glow, perfect for T zone
4. Marc Jacobs genius gel foundation - my skin but so much better foundation, natural looking, easy to blend, matches my skin well.

5. Dior airflash CC primer - this primer replaced hourglass as my HG primer...makes my foundation looks perfect. Also has hyaluronic acid...better for the skin.

6. Jouer luminizing moisture tint/ matte moisture - my go to luminizing/matte tm. I like how it gives coverage similar to light -med foundation but because it is moisturizing, it does not cling to dry patches. I use this when my skin is peeling or when I have pimples.

blushes

faves-face2.jpg

1. benefit rockateur - this rose gold looks amazing on my skin...the best benefit boxed powder IMO

2. YSL creme blush- velvety peach- I'm a big fan of cream blushes and this is one of my best buys this year

3. Anna sui mystic rose and Mufe no 9 blush - I layer this two blushes together for that ethereal blush look

eyes
faves-eyes.jpg

1. Clinique chubby sticks- easy to use, perfect on the go, hard to make application mistakes, gorgeous shades

2. Laura mercier caviar stick in orchid - color of the year next year? creamy, glides easy, brightens my eyes

3. Too faced boudoir eyes - my favorite palette this year...pairs with everything ( bright blush, nude, red or bright lip)

4. Chanel inimitable intense - one of my HG mascaras

5. Givenchy noir couture in purple velvet- makes my eyes pop!

*edit* forgot to add the lippies

faves-lips.jpg

faves-lipsflash.jpg*with flash*

1. sara happ lip scrub

2. Neutrogena norweigian formula lipbalm - not too slippery but very moisturizing, I use it under lipstick...I like the fact that I don't have to dip my fingers in it.

3.best MLBB lippie - dior lip glow

best nude - armani rouge cc in 103 incognito

best coral - givenchy rouge interdit in tempting coral

best pink - lipstick queen sinner in pink

best bright - ysl rouge volupte shine in fuchsia in rage

best berry - burberry lip mist in blueberry

best red - tie between mac riri woo and marc jacobs showstopper

new favorite lip liner - smashbox nude

best lipgloss- dior lip glosses

phew...that was time consuming :smileytongue:

violalea

Wow you have a great collection viviene23. I love every single item especially the lippies :smileyhappy:. Thanks for sharing.

viviene23

(0) Hearts

Shamefully...these are just what I bought/discovered this year that I liked. I tend to stick to skincare products that works for me but I change my makeup looks a lot to make use of all these pretty things I'm hoarding...I mean collecting :smileywink:

roxystar4

great list viviene23!! 

sugarluvv

Wow the purple ysl lipstick totally caught my eyes :smileyhappy:

viviene23

[ Edited ]

Its YSL fuchsia in rage. It translates to a beautiful purplish fuchsia on the lips. Here's a blogger pic (not mine!!!).

upload_3437208489644859669.jpg

upload_3731428027764492854.jpg

aviscardi

thats been on my loves for so long and i haven't taken  the plunge

roxystar4

wow, it is so gorgeous!

poshified

Aren't the YSL creme blushes awesome?! It's like silicone blush in a jar, lol.

Have you tried the Lush lip scrub? And if so, how does the Sara Happ compare?

viviene23

(0) Hearts

You are right of course...silicone blush but I looove it :-)

I used that blush all summer long hence the big dent.

I have not tried lush but my mom has it. I like sara happ better than fresh?! I haven't been using it much lately since I started putting nuxe reve de miel on my lips at night and norweigian formula balm before lippies.

kenny

Oooh, I've been eyeing that Anna Sui blush for a while...

viviene23

(0) Hearts

*get it* :smileytongue:

too sheer on its own so I layer it with mufe #9 blush

crayzeeRN

Great post! Thanks for including mini reviews! :smileyhappy:

viviene23

(0) Hearts

You're welcome :-)

Obviously...I didn't know what to do with myself last night so I ransacked my beauty products :smileyvery-happy:

tinabluebonnet

Well I can't upload my photos the files are too large.

I love my It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation and 

It Cosmetics Hello Light illuminator.

They're Real mascara

bmpnyc

Face:  NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Skin Treatment:  GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment

Eyes: YSL Babydoll Mascara

Lips: Clinique Black Honey - had a bunch of these stockpiled for awhile from Clinique GWPs.. so glad I started using them! (Through at tip from BT of course...)

Cheeks:  Nothing in particular... Looking forward to replenishing my blush collection in 2014

Fragrance: V&R Flowerbomb

Nails: Dior Gel Coat

Tool: Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush #56!!

Best deal: Grabbed a Tarte Bronzer from the sale section for really cheap one day... love and use it so much more than I thought I would!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 145 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • lovelykatya
    • emilyknits
    • spoiledbrat