AznAngelLiz

Best of 2013

Hey ladies (and gents?) –

As 2013 is coming to a close, I thought we’d like to share the best products we discovered/tried/bought this year. Let’s break it into sub-categories. I’ll go first

Face – Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation – I feel like this is my holy grail foundation, but I still want to try others.

Eyes – Laura Mercier Artist palette – It won’t be a Laura Mercier list, I promise

Lips – Dior Crème de Rose lip balm

Best deal – I’m going to cheat and say two: All the mini perfumes for 100 points instead of 250 points and the Nars Guy Bourdin blush palette

PS – Sorry I’ve started waaay too many threads the past few days. That’s what cabin fever will do to ya! Well, that and draining your wallet from all the online shopping you do. Lol

PPS - Feel free to add other categories as well, these were the only ones I could think of at the moment.

AznAngelLiz

Re: Best of 2013

Oooh. I was contemplating getting the Mother Lode but I didn't need anymore eye shadows...then I went and bought 3 different palettes. Lol. Way to go Liz! 

if if you got it with the 20% off that would be even better! 

lilyyy

In a less organized fashion, here are my top picks for 2013.

marydiva

That Rouge lipstick has seriously become my HG red. 

lilyyy

Bite makes the BEST lipstick in the world. It feels much more expensive and luxurious than its price.

marydiva

Face: Korres Night Facial (seriously my new holy grail. It's perfection)

Eyes: The UD Glinda palette is a beaut to behold.

Lips: Bite everything. I am obsessed

Best Deal: Naked3 for only $32...score!

tinabluebonnet

After what I read from Kenny I'm gonna try the three way Liner. I am a liner freak. I probably have 20 or 25 and I've been wondering about this one and so your comments put me over the fence! thanks girls!

kenny

Enable Alert! 

:smileyhappy: It really is amazing, I hope you'll love it!

DTalksAll

My makeup changes depending on the seasons & what my skin is up to, so I can never have just one year round favorite

Face- I repurchase Dior Airflash foundation every year, so that's always a favorite. Ardency Inn Custom Coverage foundation is a new discovery that I am really falling in love with. I can use it as a tinted moisturizer, full coverage, &/or concealer. 

Eyes- Too Faced 3 way lash lining tool is perfect for tighlining & winged looks. Doesn't budge, smudge, or wear out. 

Lips- YSL Glossy stains. I started buying them in 2012, but purchase a bunch more in 2013

Best Deal- It's a toss up between the Tarte Aqualilies Palette & Tarte Off The Cuff Palette. Oh and any skincare set :smileytongue: 

poshified

I've been curious about Ardency Inn's Custom Coverage -- thank you for giving the green light! :smileyvery-happy:

lovelykatya

Face - Tarte foundation and Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders

Eyes - Laura Mercier Artists Palette - totally gorgeous!! Also Chanel mascara  - Chanel Volume de Chanel in Prune and Black

Best deal - Glam Glow masks ( holiday package 69$ for 2 items - hell yeahh) and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (super portable and multipurpose)

kenny

Face- Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder: Such a stunning finishing powder.

Cheeks- Kat Von D Everlasting blush: I have this in Por Vida, the pigmentation is excellent and it is very easy to blend out.

Eyes- Too Faced 3-way Lining Tool: Seriously, how have I waited so long for this? It makes tight lining so easy, and dotted along my lower lashes adds definition without looking obvious. It really just looks like I was blessed by the eyelash gods.

Lips- Givenchy Le Rouge: I have Brun Createur, and this lipstick is hands down the best, it applies smoothly, excellent pigmentation and lasts a long time.

kelsey808

FaceJane Iredale BB Cream, this is seriously the BEST medium/full coverage foundation for extremely sensitive skin (I've broken out with almost everything and this hasn't given me one problem)

EyesStila Stay All Day Liquid Liner, I could never imagine doing wings with eyeliner before this! and it does actually stay all day!

LipsTom Ford Lipstick (Nude Vanille is my new favorite nude!)

stephyd216

Face: Josie Maran Argan Oil

Eyes: KVD Eyeliner

Best deal: Sephora Superstars Set

Tools: Sigma F80

Perfume: Marc Jacobs Daisy or V&R Flowerbomb

ChicDabbler

Face - Tarte Amazonian clay loose finishing powder.

Cheek - Josie Maran coconut watercolor cheek gelee.

Eyes - KVD eyeliner

Nails - Marc Jacob Le Charm

Lips - Burberry lip cover in cameo pink

Tools - Too Faced teddy bear hair brushes. =)

Perfume - Gucci Flora fresh eau de toilett (with the correct and more French-y spelling).

DesertRose0706

Here are my favorite products that i found in 2013.  Keep i mind that I discovered Dior this year, lol.

Face - Guerlain Meteorites hands down.  I am so glad I heard about them on BT!

Eyes - Stila in The Light and my Dior Rosy Tan quint 

Lips - Dior Lip Glow

Cheeks - Dior Rosy Glow Blush/Dior Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond

Fragrance - V&R FlowerBomb

Nails - I just tried the Dior nail polish promo in 999 and it only took 1 coat to get a streak free application, which has never happened before!  So far I am very impressed!

Hair - Agave hair oil

spoiledbrat

recently discovered jouer eye shadows - crazy in love with them :smileyhappy: - not your same old same old colors - looks are deceiving with these puppies - my Guerlain and Burberry are very sad :smileysad:

infinitise

Face – Guerlain Lingerie De Peau. I didn't think there's going to be much of a difference between the high end and lower end foundations that I'm used to (not drugstore, but Makeup forever, Urbn Decay, etc) but there is. There is a much less difference between the Hits and misses. everything else except oxidation is perfect in this foundation.. so I'll be trying something else 

Eyes – Burberry, and Giorgio Armani eye shadows are awesome.. I regret buying the Mac ones.. 

I'm still looking for an eyeline that doesn't smudge on my oily (even with primer) and watery eyes. Clinique cream one is nice and creamy but does budge with the tears.. 

Best deal –Lorac Pro Palette at Ulta! Someone recommended to me and I couldn't thank them more! 

also Ole Henriksen's buy $50 worth, get $100 worth of products 

Oh Oh and Juice beauty's buy $50 and get full size anti aging moisturizers! 

lilahtov

I'm gonna do products instead of specific shades.

Face: Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum (I know how many people SWEAR by the Veil Mineral Primer, but I like this better!!)

Lips: Tie between YSL Rouge Volupté Shine lipsticks and Tarte Lipsurgence crayons

Eyes: 3-way tie between MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara (HG status!!), LM Artist's Palette and Stila Metallic Foil Eyeshadow...I haven't worn this last one much (I have two shades) but the concept and formula are both SO cool :smileyhappy:

AznAngelLiz

Adding the Dry Bar brush to my loves list right now. Thanks enablers.

spoiledbrat

The Drybar Lemon Drop brush hands down!

lmi82

I completely agree! That brush is amazing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 143 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • lovelykatya
    • emilyknits
    • spoiledbrat