Egyptiann95

Best moisturizer under makeup for oily skin

(0) Hearts

I've been using Ole Henriksen Sheer transformation before my primer and it's been working pretty good for me, but i was wonder what other moisturizers would be good for applying before makeup to help with oil control and make skin look better, any suggestions?  

beautylovingirl

Re: Best moisturizer under makeup for oily skin

(0) Hearts

I agree with alwaysglamorous the Algenist  Pore Corrector gel moisturizer is an awesome choice.

AlwaysGlamorous

I, too, am pretty darn oily. Currently, I'm using the Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Gel Moisturizer [got this as a 100 pt perk and fell in love; will have to buy full-size soon] underneath my makeup as my daytime moisturizer. It absorbs super fast and provides just the right amount of hydration for my oily skin (and I SWEAR that the pores around my nose and cheeks are looking better than ever). Highly recommend! You may still be able to pick this up as a perk as well!

lylysa

A great day time formula that offers SPF protection would be Peter Thomas Roth's Clini Matte SPF 20. It's a very light weight formula that is oil free and contains silica and pea extract to minimize the appearance of pores and also absorbing/controlling oil.

Murad's Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 works well too, it's slightly thicker in texture, almost like paste, but work the product on your fingers first to thin it out some. This formula is geared more toward  oily skin that is even more prone to acne or breakouts as it helps to treat both. 

Try getting samples of both if you can stop by your local Sephora!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • Egyptiann95