thatwelshgirl

Best makeup remover/wipes?

What do you think is the best type of makeup remover and the best type of makeup remover wipes? I am looking the buy new ones and I'm not sure what to get.

thatwelshgirl

Re: Best makeup remover/wipes?

(0) Hearts

Also do you think it worth investing in a higher end make up remover? I'm stuck between Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm and the Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover. I have heard great things about both products, but I'm a bit skeptical if the Clinique one is worth the money.

ChicDabbler

If you wear a lot of make up, or high quality ones that claim to last forever/impossible to remove, I would suggest Clinique. If not, try Neutrogena and if you don't like it, then Clinique. If you do like Neutrogena wipes, I think Costco or Sam's club sells them in bulk so it's even cheaper. =)

thatwelshgirl

(0) Hearts

That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for the help.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Oops in my past post I said the purple packaging? Well I meant the dark turquoise packaging, I sware by them and they are fantastic for those of us with sensitive skin and eyes :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

(0) Hearts

I adore Boots makeup wipes- they're very inexpensive and do the job as well as the high-end ones.  I use few drugstore products, but this is one of them.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I use Sephora brand but they are kinda drying.  I have oily skin so it doesn't bother me but if you do, then maybe neutrogena...

thatwelshgirl

(0) Hearts

I think I'm going to go with either Neutrogena or Clinque, and I agree that some makeup wipes I've used in past have totally dried out my skin!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The recommendations from Dannyc and Beautytester for the Koh Gen Do cleansing water wipes is one I also give a third vote to!

Though it's a bit pricey, hands down it's the wipe that I found best to remove everything, including waterproof/long wear make up, it's super gentle and even removes product lining the inner rim of your eyes without stinging. It also doesn't leave a sticky feeling or residue after, it actually leaves your skin feeling cleansed. The wipe is a good size and is actually thicker than most wipes/towelettes on the market, making it great for taking off coats of mascara or when you have a fuller face of make up.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I said just the water, not the wipes. I tried the wipes & it's not worth the money. It's more cost effective to just putt a little of the water on a cotton pad. 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Thatwelshgirl,

One of my favorite removers is the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. Its a hydrating formula and leaves my skin feeling soft. IF you do use a make up remover wipe, make sure that they do not contain alcohol. I have found a few that contains alcohol and that can be WAY too drying! clinique balm.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/take-the-day-off-cleansing-balm-P126301?skuId=886267

<3 Melissa
aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My favorite ones that i always go back to are the Ponds  purple / night calming package or the blue/original. Im still wanting to try the pink ones which i think are luminous?

ive also used the blue original neutrogena and like those as well

Oh and for my eye makeup i use Clinique take the day off makeup remover. Works like a charm and is affordable.

dianabt

I like makeup wipes but like DannyC says, I found them to be a bit TOO harsh on my skin. That being said- I love Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Wipes (in the purple packaging) as well as Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes.

I love to use cleansing water for quick cleanses, but even better for removing LOTS of makeup? Cleansing Oil! The Lancome and Josie Maran again, are my favorites and super gentle. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I have been using those Neutrogena wipes in the blue package for almost ten years and I flipping love them!  I think it REALLY depends on people's skin, but they have never dried out my skin or made me feel oily, just a perfectly easy (aka lazy LOL) way to get most of my makeup that day off and very very gently add a touch of moisture.

While they aren't perfect (and have particular difficulty with super long lasting foundation, understandably) they get enough off that I never feel like I have to scrub my face which is damaging or irritating for my skin.  And when I don't wear waterproof or longwear makeup they're really all I need to get the job done!

DTalksAll

I'm against makeup remover wipes. A lot of them have too much alcohol in them & the materials are harsh and drying. I keep a stash for traveling, but I normally use the samples I have when I'm cleaning my products/bags, or hands while playing with new items. 

I really like the bliss lid & lash wash for eyes. It's gentle and cooling, doesn't sting & gets rig of waterproof makeup. 

Another favorite is the Koh Gen Do spa water. 

chauncie

(0) Hearts

My favorite is the E.L.F. make up removing wipes...they do a good job, and are only $3 for like 30 sheets :smileyvery-happy:

janinebt

My favorite makeup remover is probably a tie between Urban Decay's Melt Down makeup remover and Caudalie's Cleansing Water.

swfupload_7054575924549891338.jpgswfupload_6947056391405063554.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
roxystar4

[ Edited ]

best eye makeup remover (for me) has been MUFE senseyes. It was created to remove waterproof makeup for people who have sensitive eyes.

It comes in a blue bottle & you just squirt a little of the gel on your fingers and massage around your eyes and the makeup melts off!

ChicDabbler

Best make up remover: Clinique purple jar/bottle. It removes e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g guaranteed.

For no-rinse/normal make up however, the one I'm currently addicted to is Koh Gen Do cleansing water, cuz not only does it remove make up, it also cleanse, tones and moisturizes. I have combination skin, so I just need some of that on a cotton pad, wipe it on my face and I'm done for the night if I'm busy, no need for follow up moisturizer etc unless you got dry skin.

kenny

I love Neutrogena's! It removes all my makeup (except when I wear really heavy eye makeup, then I need to use more), so my cleanser can do a better job.

mityren

I love the Burts Bees. but my fav are Josie Marans. The Say yes to line is pretty good also as far as wipes go. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • poemelyric
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt