AshleyAnn88

Best make-up for contouring and highlighting

(0) Hearts

AshleyAnn88

Re: Best make-up for contouring and highlighting

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the replies! Now I kinda of have an idea of what products to use.

I'm a medium/ tan skin tone.

jwilk241

(0) Hearts

Are you fair skinned, tan, dark....?

I'm fair skinned and I've found that using a taupe color is best for contouring. I use the NYX powder blush in Taupe and it gives a natural shadow effect. I noticed that bronzers made my face look muddy and very unatural since I wasn't tanned.

shaynation

(0) Hearts

I swear by the marc jacobs bronzer in omega (i think, the HUGE one lol) its natural, but buildable, sometimes i see girls with like a purple cast from building... not with this, 

and albatross by mars, Im oily so i stay away from shimmer, this is just enough to not be a chalky white or middle school shimmer 

knadala

(0) Hearts

ELF has a great $3 blush and bronzer duo in the shade "St. Lucia's". I love the bronzer for contouring and the blush is natural with a light shimmer.

Benefit Cosmetic's Hoola bronzer is less dark than the ELF one but is awesome for light to medium skin tones.

JayReed

(0) Hearts

Contour:

• Benefit's Hoola Bronzer 
  • Marc Jacobs O!Mega Bronze in Tantric
  • Bobbi Brown's Foundation stick (find a shade that is perfect for you)
  • Nars Laguna bronzer 
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil 

Highlight: 

• Nars in Albatross 
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Illuminating
  • MAC's highlighter in Soft and Gentle
ivyxox

(0) Hearts

For highlighting:

Giorgio Armani fluid sheer

Becca skin perfector

YSL touche eclat

For contouring:

Illamasqua eyeshadow in Heroine

Nars bronzer laguna

or if you don't feel like buying anything new, just mix a dark brown liner with your foundation :smileyhappy:

Hope this help :smileyhappy:

KolorMeKass941

(0) Hearts

I am not a complete expert on contouring and highlighting but I do have a few products that work great… 

Benefit Hoola bronzer is absolutely amazing ( I do have a fair/light skin tone) I have seen medium skin toned women wear this bronzer because it is very build able! I would definitely recommend this if you are in that range of skin tones! 

For highlighters, I love Nars Copacabana which is a liquid and can be a bit too shimmery so I often mix it into a bit of concealer for a more natural look… 

I am very into a shimmery highlight which is why I love Copacabana so much… If you are more into a natural and matte finish then I recommend choosing a foundation or concealer that is a few shades lighter than your skin tone...

Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • ivyxox
    • knadala
    • shaynation
    • JayReed
    • jwilk241