Answer
sunflower82
Best foundation for dry skin????
Does anyone have recommendations for the best foundation for dry skin?? Could be drugstore or high end. Already tried revlon colorstay and don't like it, also heard that MUPE HD is not good for dry skin. Any rec's other than those?? Thanks,
Posted from Facebook
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
sofie1241
Answered

I think that more importantly is what you are using before your foundation. I use a really great moisturizer from Philosophy. Try the Miracle Worker anti-aging kit, it also has a concentrate serum that is lovely. Not oily at all, absorbs well into skin. Perfectly soft skin. But Makeup Forever has great foundation, great color matches skin well. Good coverage as well. For spots use their Full Cover cream.

dianabt
Answered

Hi sunflower82,

Sofie has a great suggestion, make sure your moisturizer is hydrating and doing its job! :smileyhappy: If you are in the need for a new foundation,try using one of my favorites here:

Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation

Dior Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup

If you really want something is an all in one, try a hydrating tinted moisturizer or even a BB cream which is a sort of primer, smoother and foundation in one. :smileyhappy:

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer

Smashbox BB Cream

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
liljabeauty
Answered
(0) Hearts

hiya!

you could try the BB cream by skin79 for dry to normal skin, it's great! (make sure to buy it from a legitimate website though - there are a lot of fakes out there!)

nars sheer glow is a fantastic foundation for dry skin too :smileyhappy: 

jxw200
Answered
(0) Hearts
I love Diana's suggestions but would also add Laura mercier creme smooth foundation. And Bobbi brown extra repair foundation which I don't think sephora carries. They're meant to be hydrating for dry skin!
carmensmith
Answered
(0) Hearts
Another vote for the Laura Mercier Creme foundation. If you want a lighter coverage I find that the Clinique tinted moisturizer does the job as well.
BadWolf
Answered
(0) Hearts

I feel your pain! I grew up in a very humid place and my skin was always oily, but the last few years, I've lived in the desert region of the western US and my skin is sooo dry! I've been using a lot of BB creams, but now that its fall/winter I've switched back to foundation. I like Neutrogena Healthy Skin for drugstore and Nars Sheer Glow for high end. I have to be really careful to only use a small amount or it cakes up on me. 

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jxw200
    • sunflower82
    • dianabt
    • sofie1241
    • liljabeauty
    • carmensmith
    • BadWolf