MintShake

Best eyeshadow brand

In your opinion, what's the best eyeshadow brand (of the companies Sephora carries) 

roxystar4

Re: Best eyeshadow brand

(0) Hearts

Love the Lorac Pro palette. But as a whole, Urban Decay

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I go with Urban Decay because they have such a wide variety of colors...  But the sparkles that they leave might not be to some peoples liking.  I own 3 UD palettes (Naked, Naked 2, and the Black) and they are great.  MUFE also has a good variety too.  I'm also really into NARS Duo's.  Although Sephora only carries a few, on the NARS website, there are actually 60+ duo's.

orkira

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay.  I especially love the OZ palettes right now.

missjr

I have to admit that my favorites are the UD Naked Palette, which hasn't steered wrong yet.  I also love MUFE's Aqua Cream shadows; the pigmentation and staying power are simply awesome!

Although Sephora doesn't sell MAC, I will always love their beautifully pigmented eye shadows.

beautylovingirl

Dior Shawdows I have never been disappointed by them.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I really like Stila shadows.  I love the 3 pan sets that they had last year.  Even though I have larger palettes, I think that the French Riviera and Rome sets are my favorites -- 3 full sized shadow pan in a magnetic palette for $16 and they look great together.  I also really like the In the Moment and In the Know (and I'd love to have In the Light, too).  For some reason the pigmentation of the Snow Angel winter palette wasn't as nice.

I also love the Lorac Unzipped palette.  I don't think anything I have goes on as smoothly and easily.

makeupmaven

My go-to's are Nars, Make Up For Ever, and Dior 5-Colour.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay (shimmer and matte shades, not the glitter shades) and Bare Minerals READY shadows (soooooo amazing, I actually like the formula even better than Urban Decay, but UD wins in color selection)

carolang

Urban Decay. Bare Minerals pressed (my favorite) and loose (great for all over washes). Just got the too faced boudoir palette and not too impressed with the color pay off with my brushes... may have to use my finger to smudge on the color (this is only with the mid-tone shades, dark shades transfer fine).

If you haven't tried Bare Minerals, I highly suggest swatching to check out the texture and pigmentation. I am in love with "the vision" duo... it comes with a nice matte robin's egg color and a pressed eye shadow similar in effect to mac's blue brown pigment. You will not be dissapointed! And for $20 for 2 ($30 for 3, $40 for the usually LE 8 shadow palettes) its a good deal compared to UD.

connieconcon

I currently have 3 brands from Sephora that I like.

UD has had the most consistency over the years.  Really great pigmentation, good value for your money compared to some other brands too.  The glittery shadows are a PITA to use though!

I have a huge collection of Bare Minerals shadows and have found that their loose shadows show up better on my skin than their pressed shadows.  I think the loose Bare Minerals shadows have done just as well for me as UD, but UD is more convenient because they're pressed and I worry less about dropping them and causing a huge mess everywhere.

Smashbox also has really smooth, buttery shadows, but their color selection is the least exciting of the three.

I just got the Too Faced loves Sephora 15th anniversary palette and tried it today.  I'm hoping that their shadow quality has improved because the only other palette I have from them, which is a few years old, is...not so good. 

onomotopoeia9

Urban Decay is my favorite! And nars is second, followed by dior

Go for it!

MintShake

I must Urban Decay eyeshadows, but I'm also open to new brands to try. I kinda want to try Nars. 

bananachoox3

I do love UD and their palettes but another brand I love is Lorac, amazing pigmentation and lasting power. I love my Lorac Unzipped palette, a great neutral palette.

roxystar4

I like UD but if you can see visible sparkle pieces, run away!  Those end up under the eye and or all over the face.

sephoralovex

UD... but like someone said below it's a hit or miss with certain eyeshadows. I can agree NARS has some great eyeshadows.. very silky smooth and vibrant. But they're quite expensive.

They dont sell on sephora but Inglot eyeshadows are very nice also.

cendrogirl

Yeah, I would agree that Urban decay is the best selling. But IMO I think their shadows are hit and miss. I find a lot of the times they have major fall out and can be overly glittery. I love the Bare Minerals Ready shadows. I also really like the Nars shadows.  

arielaaaaaaaa

I think an overwhelming majority of women love Urban Decay. It's hard not to with all their color options and how pigmented they are.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • connieconcon
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric