Answer
calgirl101
Best christmas gift basket for a teen girl

Hi there...

I know, I know, Christmas shopping already. But hey - I like to plan ahead. Anyways, my niece is coming down to Baja to pay us a visit this Xmas, and I want to put together an amazing gift basket full of amazing products that she'll go nuts for. Kate, my niece, has caramel blonde hair that reaches to a bit past her shoulders, big blue/green/gray eyes, thick black eyelashes, freckles (aaawww!), and a cute little nose. Her mom tells me Kate hates her nose, wishes it was smaller. Now, I think that's ridiculous - but you know teen girls and their insecurities. I want to make her feel beautiful! Any product suggestions? A good concealer maybe...one that she could use for zits and under eye circles that somehow works with her freckles would be great...maybe a new mascara and a sweet, citrusy perfume? I want the basket to be HUGE so gimme all the ideas you've got! Can't wait to see the look on her face!!!

Thanks so much and merry christmas :smileywink: teehee

Calgirl

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
ry22
Answered

Dear calgirl101,

First of all, I think that it's sooooo nice of you to think of your niece! I am a teenager, so I think I will be able to help.

First, ask Kate's mom what kinda makeup she already has. I don't know about her, but I don't wear makeup around my relatives. 

For a perfume, I love Viva La Juicy. In my opinion, it's impossible to hate, although you asked for fruity and this is floral. I would buy the rollerball because it's so easy to use and portable.

I love the Sephora's Favorites Show Me Some Lip set two. I has 6 lipsticks/glosses in various shade, so Kate will be able to test some lipglosses and find her favorite.

For concealer, I use Benefit Erase Paste in Medium 2, but I would also recomend the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit. I don't have it, but it's on my Christmas list:smileyhappy:

The Makeup Studio Blockbuster would also be a good gift. It has some many products (193!). This is so fun to play around with! But if I were you, I'd buy a brush set to go with it because the included brushes are terrible.

The bareMinerals Face Fashion Pretty Wild is a great set with a full look included. Again, I don't own this, but I'm asking for it.

Speaking of bareMinerals, I love the getting started kit!

The last thing I will add is the Tarte Glambag, and I really want this for Christmas too. I haven't tried anything from Tarte yet, but this looks like a nice introductory and it's gotten great reviews.

Hope you like the suggestions!

waterbaby1981
Answered

I don't know how old she is, but here's my list of ideas you could consider for a gift basket for your niece.  Two ideas for perfumes: I love Burberry Summer and Ed Hardy for Women.  They're fruity florals and smell AMAZING.

If you want to get makeup for her, one of the best things to get would be a makeup palette.  Urban Decay has some of the best eyeshadows and primers, so I'd suggest getting her the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($18) in either Original or Sin (looks great even wearing this on its' own) and the Naked palette ($48) for sure.  Twelve eyeshadows and a brush, which breaks down to about $4 each per shadow, rather than paying $17 for all of them separately.  Their eyeliners are also fantastic and stay put all day once they're set, so either the Naked or Electric gift set of the 24/7 eyeliners would be a great idea.

For concealer, I'd actually recommend Laura Mercier Undercover Pot ($34 and my holy grail item for undereye circles).  It has two shades you can mix and match for the perfect coverage.  The Secret Camoflage is a little drier to cover any imperfections with and the Secret Concealer goes right over the top of it for full coverage.  Twist off the bottom of the pot to reveal the Translucent Loose Setting Powder and dust a little on and you're golden.  This stuff stays, too.  I used it for my wedding in 2006 and the makeup for my sister's this past August...we didn't have to touch our makeup up once.

As for mascara, I love Buxom mascara and Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition.  However, if you want a mascara that volumizes and lengthens, I especially love Buxom Amplified Lash ($22).  The brush lengthens and shortens with a twist of the top to volumize and then lengthen.  It really makes me look like I have false lashes whenever I use it!  Another great mascara is Sephora Full Action Mascara.  Or you could get the Sephora Lash Stash for $45 so she gets to try some of the best Sephora has to offer!

A good blush would be Nars Orgasm in either the powder version, the duo with Laguna bronzer, or the Multiple stick version.  Enough said, and it's one of the few universally flattering blushes that looks good on anyone.  I'd personally recommend getting the duo with the bronzer in it, as a Nars blush is $27 on its own.

Lips would do well with SPF on them to keep them from cracking, chapping or bleeding!  Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($22.50) is a favorite of a lot of us on the boards and goes really well underneath any lip gloss (Clinique makes Long Last Glosswear with SPF; I personally like the Chubby Moisturizing Balm Sticks in Super Strawberry and Woppin' Watermelon).  LaVanila also makes a lip balm with SPF 30 ($16).

Last but not least, a good brush set would be a great idea too.  Some of the brushes can be expensive, but with a great brush set, she'll actually end up using less product each time than she would otherwise.

Hopefully this lists helps with some ideas for the gift basket.  I would've LOVED it if someone did that for me!  I think she'll love the gift.

janinebt
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi caligirl101,

It's always nice to start early for the holidays, I always swear that I'm going to start early...but never do :smileysad:. I love your idea, I'm actually considering doing gift baskets for my mom and sister this year for the holidays too. They're a lot of fun to put together for a unique gift bundle. Here are some things that I'd recommend including in your niece's beauty basket. 

Perfecting Cover Concealer

Sephora Collection-Perfecting Cover Concealer-This concealer is highly pigmented and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog your niece's pores. It's also waterproof and oil-free to provide her with all day coverage. 

Mineral Foundation Compact

Sephora Mineral Foundation Compact-Why not get a foundation for her as well to go along with the concealer? This mineralized foundation will give your niece a beautifully illuminating complexion. The foundation powder is buildable, so it can provide light to medium coverage. 

Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15-Make up primers make for a wonderful gift. It is always important to use a primer, as it will help make appear fresh and last longer. I highly recommend this product, it reduces shine along with making the face baby soft. I personally prefer the travel size because I can easily take it with me. I don't think it ever leaves my make up bag...that is unless I need to use it. 

Instant Depuffing Roll-On Gel

Sephora Instant Depuffing Roll-On Gel -You mentioned that she sometimes gets circles under her eyes,so I would recommend this little wonder to help her undereyes looking bright and refreshed. This is a wonderful product that can be used either before she applies her make up or on days that she just wants to go make up-free. 

Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her ($96 Value)

Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her-When it comes to fragrances there are so many different options to choose from! This incredible gift set will allow your niece to test out 12 different fragrances. Once she finds one that she is especially fond of she can take the included gift certificate to any freestanding Sephora location to have it redeemed for a full sized version of that scent! The sampler set also comes with an atomizer for her to fill with her favorite scent. 

True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Saint

True Romance Eyeshadow Palette (Saint)-Does she like eyeshadow?This is a fabulous palette that looks beautiful with a number of different skin tones/eye colors. Best of all each of the shadows are easy to work with to create numerous eye looks. It even comes with a mini black eyeliner pencil! 

Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set ($145 Value)

Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set-Brush sets make for excellent gifts and include everything that one might possibly need in order to successfully apply their beauty products. This particular brush set has hypoallergenic bacteria fighting fibers!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • ry22
    • calgirl101
    • janinebt