FlawlessLolita

Best beauty tip ever?

What is your favorite beauty tip?
Mine is to use a q-tip to make eyelash longer :smileytongue:

Tesa224

Re: Best beauty tip ever?

(0) Hearts

I cannot wait to try this tip out with  makeup. It sucks when I am on campus all day and my makeup starts coming off. I have only been able to find the 8oz bottles of final seal online. Do you have to have a pro card or something special to get a the larger size like the one in your picture? I will have to look into the bottle form of temptu. I have heard a lot of people like their formula.  

Prettymami1982

(0) Hearts

Hey ..I ordered mine from this site No pro card needed...https://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-FY/Ben%20Nye%20Final%20Seal%20Matte%20Makeup%20Sealer. The shipping is super quick too.. And yea I couldn't justify buying the 8oz bottle either

Tesa224

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much Prettymami1982! I had been searching all over for the big one. That's great, I will order this tomorrow .Lol yeah, the prices are too close together. 

1SultrySCENTNut

Best Beauty Tip I have been Told : Remember, A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY !! :smileywink:

nightknight

I use a non-shimmery highlighter (namely YSL's Touche Eclat) to trace around my lips to make them appear fuller, and to draw attention to my lipstick. I also place a small dab of super shiny lip gloss in the middle of my bottom lip to also fake the appearance of fuller lips.

nikki

(0) Hearts

I do this! I also sometimes use the highlighter to fix any lippie marks that escaped past my lip line.

jobro1027

(0) Hearts

For the under eye area, skipping the concealer brush altogether. I get much better results when I use my ring finger to apply and blend!

pinktorridora

Inner eye glow using a highlighter, luminizer, shadow, or liner. It's an easy step that makes a huge difference!

jaha8005

Wow - I have a few!  

I put my eyeliner on BEFORE my eyeshadow (I am talking about on my upper lashline).  If your eyeliner is not straight on perfect, you can help cover up any imperfections with your eyeshadow. I line my upper lashline in jet black (liquid) and it still shows up with my eyeshadow over it.  

I apply my under-eye concealer as one of the last steps to my makeup routine.  I use Mac Pro Longwear concealer, applied with a brush, but I blend it with my ring finger.  The warmth of my finger really blends the concealer and melds it to my skin.  

I apply my blush immediately after my liquid foundation, before my foundation is totally dry.  The combination of powder blush on slightly damp foundation, really makes the blush adhere to my cheeks and last all day.  

If I end up with too much blush on my cheeks, I apply Hourglass Ambient powder over the blush to tone it down and it also blurs my blush into my foundation for a seamless look.  

Mac Fix + spritzed over my entire face as a final step.  Just brings it all together and makes the world right! And, in the summer, it feels SO refreshing....

irenet

Mine was using highlighter on the bridge of my nose and my Cupid's Bow. I'm half Filipino and I have a very flat nose, virtually no bridge but when I add the highlighter it really brings it out as well as my Cupid's Bow which is my boyfriend's favorite.

nikki

(0) Hearts

I do this too, especially the Cupid's bow, it just gives a certain je ne sais quo to the area :smileywink:

AlwaysGlamorous

I LOVE the cupid's bow trick! I show it to everyone!

NicoleFrat

[ Edited ]

Pretty sure I would go blind if I followed this beauty tip... Anytime I get a q-tip remotely near my eyes, invisible little white fuzzies inevitably get tangled around my lashes, stabbing me in the eye.  I tear up so bad that I might as well take all the makeup off.  

redwagon44

Yea, I would imagine those little white fibers would be a mess in my lashes. I have enough trouble keeping my cat's fur out of them, a q-tip would be unbearable. 

m3rma1d

I got tired of water everywhere from the splash-rinsing when I washed my face in the sink.

I've just started turning on the bathtub faucet and doing my splash-rinsing over the tub. Good times!

AlwaysGlamorous

UM I LOVE THIS!

m3rma1d

I'm loving it too! Glad to pass it along--Tell a friend! :smileyvery-happy:

OwlAndTanager

Run a pointed cotton swab dipped in makeup remover over the very edge of your eyeliner for a smooth line.

mbliger

Apply your moisturizer prior to foundation with your foundation brush.  It will keep the foundation from absorbing into the brush, hence less waste. 

RandeeBT

That is a really great idea, mbliger! I am definitely going to try this one. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
gogreyhound

This one is kind of silly, but I have pretty pale eyebrows and have a hard time seeing what needs to go when tweezing. I use an older mascara and brush it lightly over my brow area, and it makes every little hair show up so I can see any strays. Then I tweeze away and trim along the tops, and bam!  I look like a total dork with Groucho Marx brows, but it lets me shape and trim them properly so I don't have any long strays!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 116 replies
  • 298 hearts
  • 67 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • ashhay
    • malday
    • misscg