Answer
elipeanut
Best all around brushes?

My beloved Ecotools brushes I have had for about 3 years are finally ready to retire. I am looking to step it up a bit. I have been looking at the different brands and all kinds of reviewa online about the top brands, Sephora, Real Techniques, and Sigma. I just don't know what  is the best. Are Sigma and Sephora brushes worth the price? Or Can I get the same quality with the Real Techniques or even, maybe just replacing my Ecotools more Ecotools? Any advice would be great. Thanks a bunch!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered

Hi elipeanut, 

I am super partial to brushes by Sephora Platinum Collection, Lancome and Bobbi Brown. These are all fabulous brushes I've had that last me for YEARS with the right upkeep! My brushes are just as great and smooth and easy to use as the day I first used them. :smileyhappy:

I go by how well the brushes work/have worked in applying certain types of makeup (particularly shadows or liquid/cream based foundations) and how the handle is. Since I tend to have a heavy hand in blush, the longer gripped handle of a Bobbi Brown brush allows me a lot less of a heavy hand and less of a "made up" look, while my Sephora platinum airbrush foundation brushes give a wonderful application for liquid and spray foundations. If you are happy with what you are using stick with them, but feel free to try out other brushes and brands as well.  

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 21 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • elipeanut
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • kssweetheart
    • mightyclassy07