Fabz

Best Subscription Box Service

[ Edited ]

Hello all!

I am considering doing a subscription box such as glossybox, birchbox, or testtube. I feel like this will give me a little taste of products to help me choose new products when shopping. Please let me know your favorite boxes :smileyvery-happy:

sangova

Re: Best Subscription Box Service

I just got a spoiler from Glossy box, and I can't believe my eyes! I wanted to try it for SO long!

March Glossybox will have:

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I got that same email. Yay! That must be our full size product this month. :smileyhappy:

sangova

(0) Hearts

I know! I'm even ok with a tiny little bit )) I cant afford the full price of any sysley product yet, but I really want to try their masks, I'm a mask addict :smileyhappy: 

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

SISLEY?!  So envious but also so excited for you!  I've always wanted to try their products as well, but their price point is still a bit difficult to justify for my budget.  Let me know how you like the mask!  :smileyhappy:

CTR1128

(0) Hearts

I LOVE Wantable box! It is also pricey ($36/month if you choose to subcribe, but you can skip months or cancel anytime). There is a SUPER customizable survey and you get 4-6 FULL SIZE products. Just started in August and I've been pleased by both boxes so far!

chupi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I did the BeautyBar one, but cancelled. There were too many cheap products. I am locked into another year of Birchbox (forgot to cancel and they automatically renewed me for a year). It's good, but I ten to only use half of what I get and gift away the rest. I do love Glossybox, as the products are high end and the actual box is beauty and can be used for storage and gifting. I awaiting my POPSugar box.

Dunno if someone linked this already, but this lady is great. She subscribes to EVERY box, not just beauty ones. AND she reviews them with photos.

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

Wow, that BeautyBar one looks awesome. It's curated by Allure, and they say it has 5 deluxe samples plus you get a $15 dollar gift card towards purchases every month.

kareninca

I subscribe to several but to me Test Tube is by far the best.  It has more products, many are full size or half size.  It's a little more expensive but it also comes with a terrific magazine (New Beauty), which is made for beauty junkies.  If you're spending a lot of time on these boards, you are a beauty junkie, just stand up and introduce yourself and admit it :smileyhappy:

soloist1

(0) Hearts

I just read an article the other day about subscription boxes and was wondering the same thing.  This thread has been really helpful with the descriptions.  But I'm so attached to my Murad and Urban Decay I'm not sure if it would really be worth it for me.

asdsfgh

My Ipsy Bag for this Monthphoto-5.jpgNailtini polish in Mai Tai (Full size)

BH cosmetics California collection sample palette

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop crayon in Coral Crush (Full size?)

Big Sexy Hair Weather ProofHumidity Spray

Coola Unscented Mineral Sunscreen SPF 20

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

I received the pop crayon, eyeshadow palette, big sexy beach spray, coola unscented, the scrub, and the opi nailpolish (referring 2 ppl) :smileywink:.   Love ipsy! 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@asdsfgh  we got the SAME items!  I like the hairspray, pop pencil and spf best. what about you?

asdsfgh

So far I'm really liking the SPF, I already owned the full size of the hairspray (Which I love) so it will be nice to have a travel one! I haven't tried the pop pencil yet but am looking forward to it!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Just got my July birchbox and I must say I am much more pleased with this month than my first month.  I am realizing that there are so many brands that I have not heard of!

Here is what I got:

image.jpg I am really happy with the color of the lipstick, I will have to see if it is as long lasting as it claims.

Katy419

(0) Hearts

My favorite is definitely the test tube I get both birchbox and test tube. I think test tube is better because there are more full sizes and it comes with lots of different items from skincare to makeup to nail polish to hair products. 

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

I have the pop sugar box and I like it. Some items are not my taste but overall the box has been great an its on the higher end at 35 bucks. I have heard relly good things about ipsy too. Let us know what you choose!!!

jhopjsh

(0) Hearts

Ipsy had nice full size items but they didn't match my profile requests. Birchbox only sends trial size items.

When I went to cancel Ipsy it took a while and a few emails to have them reverse the charge on my credit card.

While its fun to recieve the items not much matched my needs and was a waste. Most are sitting in my makeup case not used.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I've also gotten Klutchclub boxes a couple of times. The first box I was really happy with but the second one not at all. Fortunately I had a code for a "free" box so I only had to pay shipping. It was one of those "different items may be substituted" from what was in the pic, and I didn't get any of the things I had wanted to try.

BTW - Does anyone want some hangover candy? Got a box of that in my shipment.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

What in the world is hangover candy??

shyfilly78

(0) Hearts

Had no idea these existed.  I'm on the waiting list for ipsy now.  I'm addicted to urban decay, and was happy to see their eyeliner in a previous box.  I also enjoyed seeing what past boxes looked like. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 76 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • kareninca
    • prosopon
    • chupi
    • jhopjsh