Fabz

Best Subscription Box Service

[ Edited ]

Hello all!

I am considering doing a subscription box such as glossybox, birchbox, or testtube. I feel like this will give me a little taste of products to help me choose new products when shopping. Please let me know your favorite boxes :smileyvery-happy:

asdsfgh

Re: Best Subscription Box Service

IPSY!!! Go on their website and you can look at previous bags... Always a full sized product (or 2) and never any packet samples like birch box...everything is at least a deluxe sample size. 5-6 items per bag, plus a makeup bag that it comes in. 10$ a month, so worth it.

1930sbella

Just to let you know E.L.F just started a subscription box service. I don't know much about the box service, but I love their makeup.

prosopon

I just went to the website.  Looks like you get A LOT of stuff every 8 weeks for about $20.  It appears that you would get your money's worth, but you would really have to love ELF.  It is nice that they have a different options for your length of subscription (one time, half a year, and a full year).

poshified

wantable.JPG

I've tried just about every single one out there. I loved Glossybox for a while, but I couldn't put up with their spotty customer service and missing orders. I do, however, enjoy Wantable, and it's the only subscription service I have at the moment. This is my July box (billed at the end of June :smileyhappy:) and my second box. At $36 a month (or a one time box for $40), I think it's worth the investment, especially with four full-sized items -- two of which are Lise Watier -- plus a bonus item.

They break down the cost of each item, and my subtotal came down to $86.50. The best things I think about it is the fact you can choose what you want and don't want in your box, and you can return the box if you feel it doesn't suit your skintone, etc.

deannas12

I love birchbox!

Fabz

I'm going to try it out but I'm still on the waiting list.

DTalksAll

After a year I'm cancelling my ipsy subscription. So many of the products are just "eh". the bags are super cute, but the items inside are just not doing it for me. 

I love my Sample Society box from beautybar . com It's $15, but this past month's box was worth over $130! It's all high end stuff & and their support is amazing. 

TheRachaelSarah

Birchbox does not ship to Canada which is a complete disappointment. 

kaotichappiness

Can you refer me on birchbox please? I'm on the wait list for an invite :/

Fabz

ditto

rawrxjasmine

I love Birchbox! $10 isn't too expensive, and I get some pretty great stuff that I fall in love with. I like their little rewards system too. For every item you review that was in your box that month  you get 10 points, and every dollar you spend when you purchase stuff from the website you get a point. Once you get 100 points you can redeem it for $10. The boxes are also so cute and simple, I save all mine.

birchboxes.jpg

veevali

I like birchbox, because it's only $10 so if the items suck you don't feel like you are losing out on too much. I use to have a beauty army subscription, which I liked because it gave you a chance to choose your samples and if you don't like anything you can skip the month. I've gotten one testtube box, but they're much more expensive and although they give you a couple full size products, I never end up loving them anyway. They also include drugstore products. I've never gotten glossybox because $21/month seemed too much if I didn't like anything...

One thing I LOVE about Birchbox that the others don't seem to have, but I may very well be wrong, is that you can review things on their site for 10 points, and every 100 points = $10 in their store. Ususally you get five items in a box, so in two months if you review everything you can get $10 to use in their store :smileyhappy: And they are constantly adding to their product lineup. (I feel like a birchbox rep, but I recently just re-subscribed to their service.)

valentinamia

Birchbox is like Christmas once a month!! and for only $10/mo or $110/yr!

jerseyjazz

I have Glossybox and Birchbox. I definitely favor Birchbox. It seems like every other month Glossybox sends me something that doesnt match up with my beauty profile (i.e. a BB cream in a golden beige color when I am listed as having "fair skin", etc). Their customer service is very, very good though. For a price of $21 per month though, I would rather go with a cheaper subscription that will follow my beauty profile and send me things I can actually use. I just got off of the waiting list for the ipsy/glam bag, so I hope that one is good! I read bad reviews on the beautyarmy subscription but have no experience with it myself.

Kiki1517

I have done Glossybox for the past two months, this will be my third and I am considering cancelling depending on what it is like. January's was awesome with full size Tarte products but February's was really poor with realllly cheap products (not even worth the $21 spents as you can get some of those samples for free on the product websites). I do really love the packaging though, super durable kind of like hat boxes, that I use for storage on my vanity.download.jpg

incinci

I just subscribed to Starlooks, which only sends full size products every month for $15 plus $1.98 shipping.  I also just received my first Beauty Army box and was happy with it, as there were a couple of full size products included.  I am also on the waiting list for the Glam Bag (Ipsy), which I have heard is pretty good.  If you want to see what past months have contained for any of these brands and Birchbox, I suggest browsing Youtube, they always have many videos where they "unbox" the products, so you can see exactly what they contain.  They go back several months, usually.

Fabz

I had not heard of Starlooks or Glam Bag, which type of products/ brands do they send? I have heard poor responses about Beauty Army. I will have to do some research on the other two as well. Which one was your favorite?

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Starlooks send their own brand, with all full size products ( mainly makeup).   Glam bag (ipsy) have mostly makeup, hair, and nail stuff

xshell

I like this thread bc I am also looking for a new one. I am gonna check out Birchbox from the review above. I have been doing Beauty Army for the past 5 months. $12 a month -mix of sample size and full size. You get to choose 6 out of 9 products that fit your beauty profile. You can also decline any month if you don't like the choices.

I like the idea of picking them, but they need more products. After 5 months and skipping 2 months of choices, I feel like it's really great for a little while. Such cute packaging, but after a few months you will see many of the same brands and need to pick a different company for a better variety.

krissynita

Hi Fabz! I have been considering this for quite a while but have never bitten. A makeup blogger friend of mine said she had subscribed to testtube for a while but was disappointed in the size of the products for the $. She did tell me that it may have improved since her experience, but she wasn't quick to recommend. I hope other beauties will share their fave subscriptions and feedback. I'd love to know what's worth our $ and time to learn about new products!

helpful

I have Birchbox. I like it- the samples are large enough to use at least 5+ times and it seems like every other box I get a full size product. I've gotten a full size Eyeko Eyeliner, a full size Stila lipgloss, a 5 blade razor, etc. I'm pretty happy with it for $10/month!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 76 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • kareninca
    • prosopon
    • chupi
    • jhopjsh