Best Natural-looking Self-Tanner for Fairest of the Fair?

starletta8

Best Natural-looking Self-Tanner for Fairest of the Fair?

Hey BTers-

You all know how I embrace my natural pasty whiteness. I celebrate being translucent.  I own it.

However, even I am not a fan of seemingly internally lit pasty white legs in the office during the summer. I need something to take just a teeny bit of the edge off and still look natural so that I can get away without pantyhose in the office.

I've picked up two possible candidates so far- remember, I want something very light and not "I baked in orange self-tanner".  I don't plan on doing my arms- this is just to even out my skintone on my legs.

Does anyone have experience with:

• Sephora Moisturizing Bronzing Body Lotion
  • Nivea Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs Shave Minimizing Gradual Tan Moisturizer (fair-medium)?

Note: I'm not interested in actually getting a tan. Or anything medium. Or dark. Or tropical. I just want to be confident showing my legs that never see the sun!

Thanks!

rikkie

Re: Best Natural-looking Self-Tanner for Fairest of the Fair?

I agree!! I was super nervous the other day when I tried it, there are so many horror stories out there and tips on how not to do it wrong that I was sure I'd fail miserably, haha. 

I'm sure it will turn out amazingly and I imagine it will feel great to ditch the pantyhose for a while. :smileyhappy:

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Re early mornings: if you have time in the evening you can put this on then and as long as you let it dry before bed it will still be there in the morning.

And the sun kits are gone again, but the full size is $18 for 5 oz. :smileyhappy:

starletta8

Hmm... but they go with a shower, right?

I'm a morning shower woman...

rikkie

Oh darn, guess that just doesn't work then. I hope you find something that works, and I'll be watching to see what you discover in case I am ever in a similar situation! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I have a sample of the St. Tropez One Night Only from my Birchbox (IIRC).  I'm not adverse to adding another product for special occasions...

StraightRhodes

Sally Hensen makes liquid makeup for legs that you apply in the morning and take off in the shower. I like it quite a bit.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestion- but my work days start around 4-5AM, so streamlining my AM routine is a priority.  I'll look into that for special occasions though!

miabt

Hi Starletta8,

I havent tried either of those ones, but now I want to!  I'm not the fairest of them all (har-har) but my mom IS pretty light & she started off with the bareMilerals Faux Tan Body Sunless Tanner, before switching to something a bit deeper.  I'd say its a fab starting point & build it up every so often :smileyhappy:

bareMinerals - Faux Tan Body Sunless Body Tanner

http://www.sephora.com/faux-tan-body-sunless-body-tanner-P377631?skuId=1497171

xo, Mia

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Mia!

For the record, that Sephora Collection product is at an insane price.  (I just want to know if it'll turn me orange!). The cast members at one of my local stores tried to convince me that the Kate Somerville wipes are the way to go, but the one-shade-fits-all scares me since I'm so pale (and don't plan to do the rest of my body!).

I'll take a good look at the Bare Minerals one though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • carrierose
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt