starletta8

Best Natural-looking Self-Tanner for Fairest of the Fair?

Hey BTers-

You all know how I embrace my natural pasty whiteness. I celebrate being translucent.  I own it.

However, even I am not a fan of seemingly internally lit pasty white legs in the office during the summer. I need something to take just a teeny bit of the edge off and still look natural so that I can get away without pantyhose in the office.

I've picked up two possible candidates so far- remember, I want something very light and not "I baked in orange self-tanner".  I don't plan on doing my arms- this is just to even out my skintone on my legs.

Does anyone have experience with:

• Sephora Moisturizing Bronzing Body Lotion
  • Nivea Sun-Kissed Beautiful Legs Shave Minimizing Gradual Tan Moisturizer (fair-medium)?

Note: I'm not interested in actually getting a tan. Or anything medium. Or dark. Or tropical. I just want to be confident showing my legs that never see the sun!

Thanks!

starletta8

Re: Best Natural-looking Self-Tanner for Fairest of the Fair?

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the clarification!

melissabt

Hi Starletta8,

A lot of my very fair skin friends swear by the Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel! It's very gradual and adds just the right amount of color.

clarins.jpg

<3 Melissa
starletta8

Thanks, Melissa!

I'd actually heard wonderful things about Clarins Self Tanner before- it's now on the list to try as well.

beautylovingirl

@pinklissamel- The St. Tropez is a good self tanner for beginners I'm not sure you can mess it up just be sure and exfoliate before and use the mitt that comes with it.

pinklissamel

I just picked up some of the St Tropez self tanner foam and I'm super nervous to try it. I had a bad experience with a spray tan and have been super weary of self tanners in general but i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I am beyond pale and I need some color so I don't scare the children ito thinking they have seen a ghost.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Night #2 of my self-tanner adventure.  I used a bit more than yesterday- hopefully I don't end up with lines...

Still looking to see if anyone has tried the Sephora brand one...

starletta8

Still not much of a change- in case anyone is wondering, the Nivea is super light.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I also started a test patch on my side of the Sephora one since nobody knows about it...

DTalksAll

Have you tried the St Tropez gradual mousse? http://www.sephora.com/everyday-gradual-tan-mousse-P261906?skuId=1256940

starletta8

Tonight was the first time that I've ever tried anything!

(Getting deep here for a moment, this is a huge deal for me- I'm embracing my body and rocking legs rather than pantyhose in the summer. I'm celebrating the best version of myself that I can be)

rikkie

There is also a gradual tan moisturizing lotion they make, haven't tried it though. It even comes in a light/medium shade http://www.sephora.com/everyday-gradual-tan-for-body-P261324

starletta8

I suspect the gradual lotion will be the way I go as a general formula because I don't want to get too tanned of legs and pale everything else!

DTalksAll

Gradual anything; lotion, mousse, gel... is probably what you need. You can keep an eye on it, fix mistakes quickly, and make sure you don't get orange. 

I used the Jergens a long time ago & hated the smell, they now have a scent free version, but I still have a lot of the St Tropez gradual mousse left. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I see no difference. I guess I had a very light hand, LOL. I'll apply coat #2 tonight.

dianabt

It sounds a little intense but the Vita Liberata is amazing. I'm pretty light myself and loved it, it wasn't too dark. The trainer also tried it on a super light porcelain toned employee in our call center and it looked gorgeous! The mitt was super helpful too. :smileyhappy: Might be worth a shot to try on your legs and you can start with the lightest shade.

swfupload_1058593949115678067.jpgswfupload_6503409030171492283.jpg 

http://www.sephora.com/rich-tinted-self-tan-lotion-for-body-P379479?skuId=1529759

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Diana!  Good to know that it works for the super pale.

starletta8

Well.... I applied a teeny bit of the Nivea product (since nobody has tried the Sephora product), we'll see how my legs look in the AM. My legs are no longer self-tanner virgins!

I'm not normally a drugstore girl, but anything that includes tan and fair in the description is worth a shot from me.

rikkie

I'm pretty sure my legs look fluorescent white in sunlight, haha. I tried out the St. Tropez Instant Glow body lotion from the sun kit hoping that I could do the same thing, just dull that whiteness a bit. It's not a self tanner, so after you shower again it washes off (maybe a plus in case it goes badly, maybe a minus because you have to do the scary task of putting it on and letting it dry before getting dressed). I just take a little little bit at a time and spread it super thin over my legs so I can feel in control over what I'm doing and you can always add more if you missed a spot or want a bit more color and if you have a dark patch you can scrub it off and fix it. Not sure if it might be a good practice thing to try, I only attempted it because I got it for free, but it turned out pretty well. I recommend having a tanner mitt thing or using disposable latex (or non latex) gloves so you don't have to go scrub your hands like mad after though!

starletta8

Already picked up a St. Tropez mitt. :smileyhappy:

miabt

The Mitts are an absolute must :smileyhappy:  I gave one to my mom & no lie, she says it changed her (tanning) life!!  Good luck!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Mia!

I think just doing it for the first time was the scariest part!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • carrierose
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt