marydiva

Benefit products...Worth the hype?

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I did not write this post. My little sister has an account on here (katiedivadoll) and she forgot to log me out. I apologize for any confusion. I, her older sister, actually cannot stand Benefit and I think their packaging is tacky and the products are cheap. But let the discussion commence. Below is what Katie accidentally posted under my name. :smileyhappy:

So let me be honest, I am a sucker for cute packaging. And let me tell you, Benefit gets me every time, those adorable little boxes and labels and product names are just too cute! But they sort of leave me wondering, is that the only reason I want to buy every single Benefit set?      

Being rather new to the world of makeup, I have used 4-5 products from the Benefit line, with mixed results, I love Badgirl lash mascara, but I feel like Benetint is just rose-dyed water, even if it is a LOVELY color :smileyhappy: I guess I'm just wondering if Benefits quality standards are equal to other high end brands on the Sephora website. Even though the products ( for the most part) receive glowing reviews, some of you ladies have commented on how other's HG products ( They're Real mascara for an example) have left you with less than great results.

At the same time, I find myself wanting every new thing from Benefit and wishing I could buy each adorable set as a result of all the raves of the fantastic products...So what do YOU think? Do you ladies love Benefit as much as I want to? Or is it just the to-die- for cuteness of the packaging pulling me in? :smileyhappy:

I apologize if this is already a discussion, my search didn't bring up anything too similar, but again, sorry if this is already someone's thread. :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

Re: Benefit products...Worth the hype?

(0) Hearts

vvib, Ive tried it at a Benefit event and even the SA who put it on my face said she didn't like the color or Benefit's foundation in general. It had oxidized so quickly and looked like **bleep**ake mushrooms

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Are you talking about the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, if so hated it. It did oxidize and felt greasy.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much, 

I was almost sold. 

I'm glad I have real reviews here T_T 

butterblume

i'd never heard of wayne goss before so i googled him and this came up on the side bar: Wayne Goss
Wayne Keith Goss was Premier of Queensland from 7 December 1989 until 19 February 1996

And I was like whoa! The Premier of Queensland (ex) is into make up? 

I found the real guy on the youtube link though :smileyvery-happy:

infinitise

lol that's super cute 

I don't know if the youtube guy is from Australia too, but they're both from Europe nevertheless 

ellevee09

When it comes to benefit... Rockature is my fave. I thought it was breaking me out but nope! Thank god! It's my favorite ❤️

katiedivadoll

(0) Hearts

I'm glad you found an awesome blush from the line!! I have to ask, do you ever find it to be too shimmery/sparkly? That's what has been keeping me from trying Benefit blushes in general

mafan

I really like their Coralista blush. It's the first non-Sephora brand blush I had and it still might be a favorite color (although I hit pan on mine and eventually had to toss it and haven't gotten a new one yet). I've gone a bit nuts and need to sort through some other things first. I also really like Girl Meets Pearl. I use only the tiniest amount (so a small sized tube has lasted well over a year and is just about gone) but I like the glow it gives. I hate their Brow Zings. I cannot sort out using it and it's definitely near the top of my "sorry I bought it" list. 

katiedivadoll

(0) Hearts

thanks so much for the advice - I was considering trying Brow Zings! If I may ask, what did you find wrong with it?

Ealaxel

Seconding what tracygirl64 said . I've actually heard rumors that Benefit uses really toxic low quality ingredients in their products. Then again, they could be just rumors. A quote from a Camapign for Safe Cosmetics Study: "The product containing the highest level of lead was Benefit’s Benetint lip gloss at 110 ppm, more than 10 times higher than the 10 ppm limit set out in the Health Canada Draft Guidance on Heavy Metal Impurities in Cosmetics. This same product contained 70 ppm of arsenic, which is more than 20 times higher than Health Canada’s recommended limit of 3 ppm." Buyer beware I suppose :/

tracygirl64

I've heard that as well, Ealaxel. That's crazy they put that amount of lead in their products! That confirms, even more, to stay away from Benefit!

katiedivadoll

Ooh  heavy metals are a big no-no for me, I can't justify buying anything that might damage my skin and body in the long run, even if the packaging is too cute - thanks so much for the tip Ealaxel!

sundaespal

I like Benefit. I do wish they'd forgo some of the cuteness of their packaging for practicality, though. Bushes in a cardboard box, really? I have one of their cream eyeshadows and really like it. I think of Benefit as a fun brand to supplement my other makeup. I'd be hard pressed to create an entire look with their products.

katiedivadoll

(0) Hearts

I see what you mean about some of the benefit products being ( dare I say it?) gimmicky in that I agree that it would be pretty hard to use only Benefit brand stuff on on a daily basis :smileyhappy:

killahbabe

Most everyone knows about my hatred for Benefit. Their products are decent, packaging cheeky, BUT their customer service is ATROCIOUS! I only like their blush, but will never shop Benefit again. They don't stand behind their products AT ALL.

sparklekai

i know not your benefit cs woes...but an ememy of the killah is an enemy of mine!

killahbabe

I appreciate the support, SK! Allow me to resurrect an old thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Unhappy-Benefit-Customer/td-p/912101

sparklekai

i actually remember this!!  buggers!

m3rma1d

haha you read my mind, I never saw it either and I was about to pm you and axe for the linky!

SirenPrincess

I was just about to post that I have liked their products I have tried but that your CS experience has made me unwilling to buy from them.  I will take their minis in TSBs or promo codes, though :-)

killahbabe

I honestly still can't believe they handled themselves that way! I used to work retail and can't image ever deflecting like that. I'm pretty sure no one at Sephora works at the Benefit manufacturing plant, so to blame Sephora (who was STELLAR in this incident) was just outrageous. I hope it was worth it for them, you know, stiffing me on something that costs them pennies on the dollar... since I wont shop their products again and neither will lots of people that saw my post.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 171 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • sephoralovex
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva