marydiva

Benefit products...Worth the hype?

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I did not write this post. My little sister has an account on here (katiedivadoll) and she forgot to log me out. I apologize for any confusion. I, her older sister, actually cannot stand Benefit and I think their packaging is tacky and the products are cheap. But let the discussion commence. Below is what Katie accidentally posted under my name. :smileyhappy:

So let me be honest, I am a sucker for cute packaging. And let me tell you, Benefit gets me every time, those adorable little boxes and labels and product names are just too cute! But they sort of leave me wondering, is that the only reason I want to buy every single Benefit set?      

Being rather new to the world of makeup, I have used 4-5 products from the Benefit line, with mixed results, I love Badgirl lash mascara, but I feel like Benetint is just rose-dyed water, even if it is a LOVELY color :smileyhappy: I guess I'm just wondering if Benefits quality standards are equal to other high end brands on the Sephora website. Even though the products ( for the most part) receive glowing reviews, some of you ladies have commented on how other's HG products ( They're Real mascara for an example) have left you with less than great results.

At the same time, I find myself wanting every new thing from Benefit and wishing I could buy each adorable set as a result of all the raves of the fantastic products...So what do YOU think? Do you ladies love Benefit as much as I want to? Or is it just the to-die- for cuteness of the packaging pulling me in? :smileyhappy:

I apologize if this is already a discussion, my search didn't bring up anything too similar, but again, sorry if this is already someone's thread. :smileyhappy:

infinitise

Re: Benefit products...Worth the hype?

I agree I also have a really bad experience at Benefit.

they didn't do anything that is necessarily rude, but non of them honestly care or know anything 

the whole point of shopping at a counter instead of Sephora is to get detailed and accurate info, but Benefit SAs couldn't. 

katiedivadoll

This has helped me confirm my opinion that the quality is low...but I still think I will look to Benefit for blush in the future, as you killahbabe, are the fifth or sixth person who doesn't love the brand, but still has good things to say about the blush

beethousand

I actually found the blush to be not so good. They're beautifully pigmented and blend nicely, but they faded on me and disappeared within a few hours.

gingerblack

The packaging actually turns me off. I like plain packaging, maybe I'm boring :smileytongue: I do like the blush I have from benefit a lot. I think I would only buy those little sets from benefit because I don't like the products enough to buy them full price. Have you seen that little travel set? That might be nice to try out some things. I actually bought it for the blush but the packaging was horrid, so I returned it.

xxanastasiax

Overall I like benefit, although it's not my favorite brand of all time. I have tried Benetint (which I personally really love - rose-dyed water or not it looks really pretty on my cheeks), Sun Beam (it's okay, but I have really pale skin so it's a little dark for me to use as a highlight - but I've used it on other people and I love it on medium gold-toned skin!), Coralista blush (love it!), Bella Bamba blush (love this one too!), Fakeup concealer (love this! it's not super full coverage but it works for me), Porefessional (love this for an air-brushed finish), Watts up (same situation as Sun Beam - a little too dark for me as a highlight, but nice on other people!), Badgal lash mascara (2 years ago. I remember liking this but it was a while ago) and They're Real mascara (good mascara, but super hard to remove, so I wouldn't repurchase), Bright Eyes palette (nice pigmentation on the eyeshadows and the eyebright is really brightening!)

Overall there are a lot of products I haven't tried (lip products, foundation, brow products) but I've had more hits than misses. If I saw something new from Benefit that I wanted I would probably purchase! The price point isn't bad either.

katiedivadoll

I was kind of wondering what you girls thought about They're Real mascara, but it feel like I would stab myself in the eye with the hard brush bristles haha :smileytongue:

nikki

They're Real mascara is better nice imo. I'm still looking for a HG mascara. It used to be Diorshow, which I still love, but Idk, if there's a possibility that something more amazing is out there, I have to try it.

They're Real gave me decent volume and length. It's on my list of mascaras I like, and may make its way on the HG contender list. 

katiedivadoll

Have you tried BadGirl Lash? I love it, but have actually been considering investing in Diorshow mascara but I have to know...does it smudge? I cannot deal with racoon eyes haha

nikki

BadGirl lash made my lashes so clumpy :smileysad: Same with Buxom mascara. I want to love it, since it's so much cheaper than Diorshow.

I have the waterproof Diorshow, and it has lasted through weddings, funerals, ocean, waves, and Louisiana heat/humidity. I rub my eyes a lot too, and it stays all day. I just want something that gives a little more curl, but if I can't find anything better, Diorshow will be my HG.  

katiedivadoll

I have naturally curly eyelashes, so it sounds like Diorshow is my next mascara to try!!

marydiva

Katie, I'm cleaning out my stash and if you come in my room you can grab a Diorshow mini. *too lazy to yell*

katiedivadoll

Thankyou Mary!!! Haha the benefits of having a makeup aficionado for a sister :smileywink:

killahbabe

*Runs into Mary's room before Katie can get there. Swipes Deyore.*

marydiva

JUST FOR YOU, KILLAH. 41lPQvphulL._SY445_.jpg

m3rma1d

ROFL

killahbabe

If you have dis tank top fer me, I'm coming over right meow!

marydiva

I think the part of Katie's post that I am most proud of is that I have taught her to use the search bar. *happy tears* :smileyvery-happy:

sparklekai

i love your edit!!!  I think Katie will be just fine around here!!

anb0906

Hahaha I know! That edit is amazing.

tracygirl64

I stay away from Benefit. For some reason their stuff (foundations, blushes, concealers, powder) seems to break me out. And, their mascara either flakes on me (I'm looking at you Badgirl!) or it makes my eyelashes fall out (looking at you They're Real!) lol. I don't know what it is that they put in their makeup, but I've never understood the hype of that brand. Oh, and welcome to BT, Katie! :smileyhappy:

katiedivadoll

Thanks for the opinions tracygirl64 :smileyhappy: And thank you for the warm welcome from you, jozkid, spoiledbrat, sparklekai AznAngelLiz, and all the rest,  you all seem like such lovely people!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 171 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • nikki
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • sephoralovex
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva