mimibel

Benefit Bests?

[ Edited ]

I won the Benefit 2 truths and a lie contest so I will get to chose $250 in products. I'm new to the brand but entered because I loved the birthday gift this year but now I'm wondering what to get. I'm thinking of getting the Advent Calendar full of minis and trying Gimmie Brow. Any suggestions for me? Best concealer, best highlighter, maybe the Hoola big size for contouring? Any brushes you love? Please help me out!

*edit* Final prezzie haul arrived!  Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions

image.jpg

mimibel

Re: Benefit Bests?

(0) Hearts

Unless they are out of stock before they get to my order, the calendar is coming in the box! :smileywink:

sulfate

You'd have to pry my Gimme Brow out of my cold dead hands :smileyhappy:

mimibel

I'm going to test it in store when mine grow back. 

It's iffy enough to need to test before I buy and, yep, I  was bad and shaved them again.

Blonde, blonde lash tips, darker brows, sure 'Surprised Pixi' is a look...*sigh*

sulfate

Well, if you were a bad girl and shaved your eyebrows, Gimme Brow probably won't work.  I imagine it only sticks to hair.  You might like to try MUFE Aqua Brow.  You could paint on some dramatic stay all day brows with that.  And we know how much I adore the Suqqu.  

mimibel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You are a wicked, evil, naughty, bad temptress and I really want to get the Suqqu Brow pen when I order a brush! :smileyvery-happy: I'll test the Aqua Brow, great idea!

The way Lisa E sketches in brows with the Suqqu pen though...fascinating!

That was the dilemma with a Gimme Brow, haha, mine had not grown back in enough before I ordered to test it in-store at Sephora to see if I liked it on a properly groomed 'normal' brow. The Brows Across America tour was just here but mine weren't grown back in enough to get them shaped. I'm not sure I trust the locals to do them. :/

At least shaving doesn't permanently thin them like tweezing, waxing or threading does.  I admit, I do like changing the shape of them on a whim, and we know 'natural' isn't a thing for me so, eh...on the fence. 

My fiancé coined the 'surprised pixi' description so he thinks the no-brow blonde look is cute. Weirdo. :smileywink:

mimibel

[ Edited ]

Ok! Barring anything being out of stock, which the shopping cart software is supposed to forstall, here is what I chose. image.jpg

I guess I will know for sure when I get the shipping notice. I waited until the Advent Calendar was back in stock so hopefully it's a go! *fingers crossed*

I looked at 'Show entire catalogue' and some deluxe samples popped up like the Sugarbomb powder. I was good and only went $3 over. :smileywink:

bcteagirl

Great order! What fun that would be!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

So much testing! I've never tried any of it except the Watt's Up! :smileyhappy:

katief241981

I love Erase Paste!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm curious so will have to get some! It's on the list for sure.

#concealerjunkie

Londonlover101

congrats!! that is absolutely awesome!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! <3

marydiva

Congratulations! :smileyhappy: That's so exciting! 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you, it IS! Early Christmas! 

jennypenny1995

So, what'd you decide on??  *cups ear with hand*

mimibel

Lol, I'm waiting for the Advent Calendar, they pushed back its release on the site to November 5. It's hard, I'm less than patient and more than greedy :smileywink:

jellybean917

The Advent Calendar is a great way to spend some of that Benefit money! I saw it in the store yesterday, it's too cool.

friedrice

(0) Hearts

what store did you find the Advent Calendar? at the Sephora one? Thanks :smileyhappy:

mimibel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It's back in stock at the Benefit site today. 

*edit 1am, aaaand sold out just as fast, wow! 

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

At my Sephora in Burlington, MA :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Congrats, that's so exciting! 

Have you checked out their blushes? I LOVE coralista & bella bamba. Coralista is very similar to orgasm if you like corals. 

I think erase paste is a nice concealer, I know some people don't like it. I never had any problems with it. 

I didn't care for the powder foundation, but really like Some Kind-a Gorgeous. I like cream to powder formulas, and it reminds me of Chanel. 

I've heard really good things about the eye cream, but I never tried it. 

Keep us updated with what you choose! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 91 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • ashhay