mimibel

Benefit Bests?

[ Edited ]

I won the Benefit 2 truths and a lie contest so I will get to chose $250 in products. I'm new to the brand but entered because I loved the birthday gift this year but now I'm wondering what to get. I'm thinking of getting the Advent Calendar full of minis and trying Gimmie Brow. Any suggestions for me? Best concealer, best highlighter, maybe the Hoola big size for contouring? Any brushes you love? Please help me out!

*edit* Final prezzie haul arrived!  Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions

image.jpg

mimibel

Re: Benefit Bests?

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I liked the touch-up techniques video with some kind-a gorgeous but I do use Chanel Double Perfection Lumière as my touch up :smileywink: All the videos on the site are pretty interesting.

Erase Paste is in my basket and there is a sample of the eye cream in the Advent Calendar if it will hurry and pop up for sale on the site :smileywink: I'm curious about the skincare line but impressed with the Creaseless Cream Shadows reviews. Decisions, decisions...

mimibel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Well, I received my code and the Nice Packages are excluded, I was afraid they might be as gifts stacked with a prize :smileywink: 

So now I'm on my 'Countdown to Love' waiting for the Advent Calendar to pop in for sale over at the Benefit site. It is supposed to happen today (21st). Meantime, I'm getting ready to watch the 4 Lisa Eldridge videos that feature Creaseless Cream Shadows and trying to decide between Gimmie Brow or a lipstick as the final product choice. The lipsticks are sheer, there are glosses in the Calendar and I'm more a fan of matte lippies but I'm also a completionist and would like to be able to do a look with all the color components from Benefit... Hmmmm. 

lolo01

My favs are Girl Meets Pearl, Rockateur Powder and Porefessional

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you. I've just got to swatch the powders at Sephora before I decide! The Porefessional is pretty much a sure thing though. I'll compare Girl meets Pearl to my Boots highlighter and High Beam. Should be interesting...

FireSpinner

I've got to recommend the boxed powder in "sugarbomb". I'm fair skinned and it just gives such a beautiful glow. 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you, good to know...I was wondering if it would run too dark being fair. Now I know. All their powders look so good though...

jennypenny1995

You missed one!  Don't go without the World Famous Neutrals in "Easiest"!!!  It's the perfect mix of powder and cream shadows as well as matte and slightly shimmery shades.  I use them EVERY DAY, and they've lasted over 10 months already.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'll check it out, thank you! 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

If the timeframe allows, I'm going to choose the Advent Calendar, pix and list under spoiler for those wanting it to stay surprise, I watched an unboxing off one on youtube and such goodies! I know they are all minis but I'm the chick who never hits pan on a blush...

then maybe these:

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpgset includes:
deluxe "that gal" 7.5 mL/0.25 US fl. oz.
deluxe the POREfessional 7.5 mL/0.25 US fl. oz.
deluxe high beam 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl. oz.
deluxe sun beam 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl. oz.
deluxe benetint 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl. oz.
deluxe chachatint 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl. oz.
deluxe posietint 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl. oz.
deluxe ultra plush lip gloss in CORALista, sugarbomb, dandelion, A-lister 4 x 6.5 mL/0.22 US fl. oz.
deluxe hoola, deluxe dandelion, deluxe CORALista 3 x 3.0 g Net wt. 0.1 oz.
deluxe BADgal lash mascara 4.0 g Net wt. 0.14 oz.
deluxe stay don't stray in light/medium 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl. oz.
deluxe BADgal liner waterproof 0.5g Net wt. 0.02 oz.
deluxe it's potent eye cream 3.0g Net wt. 0.1 oz.
deluxe total moisture facial cream 8.9 g net wt. 0.3 oz.
deluxe ooh la lift 2.5 mL/0.08 US fl oz.
deluxe girl meets pearl 7.5 mL/0.25 US fl oz.
AND...
horseshoe charm bracelet
star charm necklace
ribbon bow barrette

crayzeeRN

Congrats, that is so exciting!! Definitely would love to see what you eventually decide on!

My personal favorites from Benefit are their boxed powders (Dandelion and Bella Bamba in particular), and their Cream Eyeshadows!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I'm excited to narrow it down. I'll test a cream shadow to see if they teams in creaseless on me and swatch Dandelion. I'll post a pix once the box arrives. 

neko333

I really like High Beam. I am really pale though. I have the Watts Up! as well and I don't care for it. It doesn't show up well on my skin which is odd because I'm so light. I can put High Beam under my foundation whereas with Watt's Up! I have to apply on top. It looks odd and streaky even with blending. You could maybe attribute some of this to I'm not doing something right or High Beam just works better for me. 

mimibel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I put my Watts Up on with my middle finger, patting over foundation but under powder. I'm pale too (Nars Siberia) and it looks nice but I color correct with primer  to neutral almost all the time. I'm betting I'll like High Beam better since I love No7 Skin Illuminator in Pink. 

vanillammm

High Beam and No7 Illuminator are dupes for each other. I have both. If you like highlighters, Benefit also make Girl Meets Pearl, which is a rose gold highlighter, and Sun Beam which will give you a golden toned highlight.

If you are really pale, I would stick with the High Beam though. Too bad they don't make Moon Beam anymore. That was a warmer toned version.

Oh! You would have liked 10 but they disco'd that one, too. It was a box powder with a powder version of High Beam on one side and a bronzer on the other. I loved that stuff.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Looks like some swatching in Sephora is in order to sort them out and see which will look ok on me. I really like the texture and glow of the No7. Girl meets Pearl sounds pretty. Thank you.

lourdescerv

porefessional, they're real mascara, sun beam. Their bronzers and blushes are all good. Coralista and Rockateur are my favs

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking I may need a big bronzer or blush. How shimmery and glittery is Rockateur? I'm thinking that being pale, Hervana or Dandelion may be best but I've got to test Hoola since so many people of all skin colors love it so much. 

roxystar4

i like the watts up highlighter!  

Congratulations!!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I like my birthday sample and now I'm wanting to try the other highlighters too. Very hard pick and choose. 

DrWould

I actually just got into Benefit recently (planning on making a Sephora run this weekend to grab the "Hello Flawless" powder!) so I don't have any suggestions for you, just wanted to tell you how insanely jealous I am!! Congrats on winning and please show us what you end up getting! 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'll be happy to, I'm feeling super lucky that I get to try the goodies, I almost NEVER win random drawing contests and have never won one this luxe at all! Let me know how you like the powder. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 91 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • ashhay
    • marydiva