mimibel

Benefit Bests?

[ Edited ]

I won the Benefit 2 truths and a lie contest so I will get to chose $250 in products. I'm new to the brand but entered because I loved the birthday gift this year but now I'm wondering what to get. I'm thinking of getting the Advent Calendar full of minis and trying Gimmie Brow. Any suggestions for me? Best concealer, best highlighter, maybe the Hoola big size for contouring? Any brushes you love? Please help me out!

*edit* Final prezzie haul arrived!  Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions

image.jpg

vanillammm

Re: Benefit Bests?

I think that the advent calendar is a good way to go if you are new to the brand. You will get to experience lots of their offerings.

I grabbed this holiday lip gloss set and think I am going to go back and get another, I like it so much...

benefitlippies.jpg

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking the Advent is a sure win! It has gloss samples...

maltipoo66

Benefit has a lot of really great products.  The only one I would avoid is the Stay Don't Stray primer-completely dried out my eyes, and not as great as Urban Decay primer potion or Too faced shadow insurance.  Here are my favorite products of the brand:

1. They're real mascara

2. Coralista blush-really brightens your face

3. High Beam

4. Benetint 

5. Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow liquid foundation-I got a sample of this.  I never wear foundation, only powder so I thought the coverage was a bit much, but for someone who is used to foundation it should be perfect-the finish was beautiful.

I've heard great things about Erase Paste and Boing, but never personally tried them.  Hope that helps!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

It does, thank you! I can't do coral-y things unless I foundation correct a lot, I'm sallow... but I'm learning to do just that! who knew?!?

I'm excited for High Beam. Good to know the foundation is good coverage, I like that for me :smileyhappy:

JenBlush

I have to say if it was because of the packaging, i would buy EVERYTHING!! But i think number one is "theyre real" mascara. there is a reason why everyone loves it! I also love their boxed blushes! They all smell sooo good!  Their brow products are also great! 

and congrats for winning!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! Great to know everything smells nice, I like that. Very cute packaging makes me want everything. I may try gimmie brow, my brows are pathetic. 

Mariahk83

Their coralista is my go-to blush!  it's the perfect shade with nearly no shimmer!  And their glosses are great too, sheer - but they feel and SMELL so great!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

That's 2 votes for great scent. These products will be in the Advent Calendar  so it's likely going to be a must! 

clarks18

Congrats!!

I love Dandelion, High Beam, Oh La Lift, Sun Beam, Badgal Black Pencil Liner, and Hervana.  I wasn't very fond of They're Real Mascara I prefer the Badgal mascara.

mimibel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you! I got a sample of They're Real with my birthday gift so the Advent Calendar Bad Gal sample would let me try both. I think the advent calendar is a sure choice. 

ry22

Congrats on winning :smileyhappy: I love Hoola!!! Erase Paste is a good corrector for brightening the under eye area. The Benetint is okay, nothing to rave about

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I'm going to test Hoola in my local Sephora to make sure it doesn't oxidize to orange on me, but so many people seem to love it! I may have to get it if it looks nice. 

greeneyedcali

You can get their new advent calendar. I've been eyeing it. It will open you up to a bunch of different products and if you don't like it, its just a small size and you could just give it to someone

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking the same thing! :smileyhappy:

annonymous1

Benefit Booing is an amazing concealer, they're real is a good mascara, and they have really nice cream shadows as well 

mimibel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm waffling over Booing and Erase Paste, hard choice. I think I'll get a cream shadow as the extra gift in a Nice Package if that can be one of my choices. Thanks!

knadala

Concealer: Erase Paste (for under the eyes)

Highlighter: High beam

Bronzer: Hoola (the best bronzer everrrr!)

Definitely get the advent calender, it will allow you to sample so many products and figure out which ones you love :smileyhappy:

Also, try their cream shadows, I love using them as a base for my shadows to pop even more.

You are so lucky to have won that contest, Benefit is a wonderful brand that I have been using for 7 years now and I am still loving it.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I think the advent Calendar and a Nice Package with a shadow to try will be good. I'm really lucky, indeed and really looking forward to trying everything. :smileywink:

mpolansky

I would recommend getting kits to try out and see what you like. My favorites are the Hoola bronzer and Watt's Up. The new Rockateur blush looks nice too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Products I'd avoid: Stay don't stray, and Some Kinda Gorgeous (called a foundation faker... seriously worst product I've ever tried). 

Lucky you - enjoy your new products!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I'm leery of Some a kinda Gorgeous but love Watts Up!  Hoola seems to be everyone's winner

mimibel

Thank you. That's two downs for stay don't stray so that helps me decide against it. I was thinking the Advent Calender would let me try a good selection. I'm leery of Some Kind of Gorgeous because I'm really fair and it has such a limited shade range. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 91 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • ashhay
    • marydiva