mimibel

Benefit Bests?

[ Edited ]

I won the Benefit 2 truths and a lie contest so I will get to chose $250 in products. I'm new to the brand but entered because I loved the birthday gift this year but now I'm wondering what to get. I'm thinking of getting the Advent Calendar full of minis and trying Gimmie Brow. Any suggestions for me? Best concealer, best highlighter, maybe the Hoola big size for contouring? Any brushes you love? Please help me out!

*edit* Final prezzie haul arrived!  Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions

image.jpg

mpolansky

Re: Benefit Bests?

Oh! thought of one more. I have the creaseless cream shadow in My Two Cents and love it.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm hoping I can get one of the shadows in a Nice Package! 

mpolansky

Some kinda Gorgeous is way too oily and gives no coverage. It's a shame I can't even return it. Stay don't stray isn't awful, I actually liked a mini size enough to buy the full size. But I found it creases like crazy and there are a lot better products out there.

mberteig

Congratulations!  What fun!  I like Watt's Up, Benetint and Cha Cha Tint, and they have 3 eyeshadow palette sets, all nudes, that have both cream and powder shadows in them.  Haven't tried those but they look nice.  Have fun picking out your goodies!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I like the sets, I'm still sorting through them! 

viviene23

Can you use it in sephora or benefit's website?

I like their boxed powders:

hervana --> unique shade

rockateur

sugarbomb

also Watts up and bathina.

If you can use it at their website, they have the cutest makeup bags:

upload_4460681036537128300.jpgupload_4130490292304448621.jpgand here's my gabbi makeup bag...very roomy inside!

makeupbag1.jpg

Mariahk83

definitely second Bathina stuff too!  I love the maybe baby perfume!

mimibel

I need to use it at their website. I'm thinking of getting one of the 'Nice Package' sets, it has yet another cute bag. I really like their packaging and graphics approach for the cute aesthetic without being juvenile! I thought Hervana or Dandelion might be nice But I'm not too sure about cardboard boxes for powders overall. I take care of my makeup though so they should hold up Ok. 

viviene23

I know what you mean about the boxes. I used to have georgia and it did not take the beating of being inside my purse. If you bring your blush with you, it might not be a good idea. BUT hervana for example is so unique, its hard to find a good dupe with better packaging...I think for that reason, its worth it!

Nicrohr

Awesome!

Definitely They're Real Mascara.

I used to love their two eye-lighter products, Ooola lift and the pinkish pencil.

I also loved Dr. Feelgood when I was in High School, but it's been a while lol.

Currently, I use Gimme Brow and like it a lot.  It's better than the average gel and fluffs up your brows a bit.

Benetint is a cool product with a really flattering stain-color, I've always thought.

Those are some of their classic products though, they might have better newer stuff! And I see they are getting more into skincare (my weakness).

mimibel

I'm curious about the skincare too. I may run into Sephora quick-like and get some (you guessed it) samples to see if any of them look likely to be good for me to get full size. I have a sample of they're real but with so many mascaras, I get dryness and tip breakage, I usually use Chanel Inimitable Intense and don't test many new ones. :/

Nicrohr

Ah interesting about mascaras!  I've never noticed particular dryness or breakage, so this must not be an issue I have.  I am sensitive, so sometimes I get irritation/redness/tearing up.

I have occasionally had a dry feeling mascara that flakes, but have never noticed breakage.  I will be on the lookout for this now :smileywink:.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I didn't notice it until I went a long period without mascara, oddly. When I started wearing it again, wow, long and fluttery but...soon they were shorter even though I'm very good about gently removing my eye makeup and never bought the cheapest mascaras, usually L'Oreal or Maybelline. My MAC SA was the one who told me to try the Chanel mascara and yep, now they stay long. My unbroken lashes are long enough to not really need a lengthening mascara but (wouldn't you know it) blonde on the tips. I'll layer some colors or glitter over sometimes but always use Inimitable or Inimitable Intense as a covering base. 

DesertRose0706

i love theThey're Real! mascara, the coralista blush is gorgeous, and watts up is really pretty too.   i also really like benetint and posie tint.

some products i would skip are bella bamba (the color is pretty but it is insanely glittery and the glitters gets all over my face immediately) and stay dont stray (there are just better eye primers out there).

mimibel

Thank you, I was curious about the eye primer but UD Primer Potion works well for me so I was waffling. Cross that off the list of possibles. 

Meg82

Ooh congrats!  

Porefessional is great, watts up is great, they're real mascara is great.  I've always wanted to try girl meets pearl.

I  also highly recommend their ultra plush lip glosses.  Sugarbomb is awesome and flattering for most complexions, as is Dallas.

mimibel

I really like the Watts Up in the birthday gift, I use it a lot. Many of the products seem to be about the 'your skin but better' concept so it may just be a matter of choosing by preference. I like the glowy look. I'll look at some of the lip gloss reviews, thank you.

BeautyJunkie325

here are my favs:

• Benefit's Fake-Up Concealer
  • Rockatuer cheek powder
  • Sugarbomb Face powder
  • Bella Bomba Face Powder
mimibel

(0) Hearts

How is the coverage of Fake-Up? 

SirenPrincess

Congrats!  The Advent Calendar does look super fun! I like the Rockateur blush.

Have you tried Hoola before?  It turned a little orangy on me, but a lot of bronzers do.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm afraid of the orange too, things oxidize on me pretty often :/ Maybe better to get the Advent calendar sample of it and test...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 91 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • ashhay
    • marydiva