Beauty item that used to be a HG and now are just kinda "meh" on it?

Any fellow beauty addicts used to love and obsess over an item and after trying a bazillion things are not too impressed with it?

I can think of two items:

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel- I was obsessed with it last summer and thought it was my HG. Now whenever I use it I feel like it gives me such an orangey tan. I look back at picks of me wearing it and I'm like... "oooh gurrrl nooo"

Yaasss.jpg

Dior Diorshow Mascara: I think this was my HG for seven years. I started using it in high school (might have been the first high-end product I ever tried) and now I'm just not to impressed with it. I really like Too Faced's Better than Sex for now.

What about you guys?

Re: Beauty item that used to be a HG and now are just kinda "meh" on it?

[ Edited ]

Origins Checks and Balances face wash. (Now I prefer Philosophy Purity Cleanser.)

BareMinerals Matte Powder Foundation. It worked for me in fall, winter and spring, but now in summer, it's starting to cake when my face perspires. I hope it works again in the fall. :/

Tarte Maracuja Oil. It's still a good product, but I don't apply moisturizer or oil at night much anymore after reading Dr. Hauschka's recommendation for letting the face rest at night and not applying night creams. During the day time, I use Boscia Tsubaki oil if I need more moisture after applying a moisturizing sunscreen. 

Ditto on the face wash! I just made the switch from Checks and Balances to Purity and I am slightly obsessed Smiley Happy My skin has improved so much in just a few weeks.

(0) Hearts

I might try to use up my Checks and Balances when I use my Foreo Luna cleansing device (you can't use any cleansers with microbeads or clay with it), but otherwise, Purity is so much better!

I swore by Too Faced Lash Injection mascara for *years* until it was reformulated, and I don't love the new version. Smiley Sad I'm sad, though, because I would have kept using it! I've come across several mascaras I've liked since then, but none I love quite as much. 

When it first came out, I loved MUFE HD foundation -- until I realized the shade was really off (and I didn't actually have a match). Oh, well. Smiley Happy

Anyone remember Prescriptives?  It actually still exists but online only now.  Their Virtual line of liquid foundation was my one and only for 5-6 years...then when they closed the department store counters, I decided to try something else...which is when I found Makeup Forever HD.  Recently, I ran out of foundation and thought "oh man I wonder if Prescriptives is still around..."  and ordered it from their website direct...and it was just terrible...I thought "this cannot be the same thing I used to wear..." It literally wouldn't blend into my skin..it was so weird. 

I wore Urban Decay Naked foundation almost exclusively for a year, but then I realized it was too matte so I switched to bobbie browns skin foundation and never looked back.

(0) Hearts

Funny-I just got the Chanel Tan de Soleil and I love it so much! It works really well for me Smiley Happy 

MAC lipsticks will always be my holy grail lipsticks, no matter what. They are just too amazing overall not to love. 

Weirdly enough, all of my current HG products have been my HG products for some time....I guess I haven't been super into makeup for long enough to fall out of love with any of them! 

(0) Hearts

I still love the texture of Chanel Tan De Soleil but the color looks a bit orange on me. I feel the same about Chanel Les Beiges in #40. It's odd because I used to love Chanel bronzers!

* estee lauder double wear light

*chanel joues contraste blushes

*thebalm bahama mama

*revlon matte balms/balm stains

*benefit bella bamba

*mac mineralized skinfinish

*mac studio fix powder

*mac blushes

*benefit porefessional

(0) Hearts

Ohh I forgot about the Revlon balm stains. I think I got every single color when they came out and I probably haven't worn them in a year. Smiley Very Happy

MUFE Mat Velvet+ was my HG foundation until I tried Hourglass Immaculate. Smashbox primers have been replaced by Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. Dior Diorshow and Lancome mascaras have been replaced by Armani Eyes to Kill.

(0) Hearts

I just ordered the Armani Eyes to Kill. I've heard so many good things!

(0) Hearts

It's pretty awesome! I like the Stretch version the best. 

Tarte's 360 eyeshadow primer. I small tube of it once upon a time and it seemed to work better than the others I tried (e.g. Smashbox, Too Faced, and UD.) Then I ran out and got a good deal on another product. When I went back to it, it didn't seem to work anywhere near as well.

Makeup:

from Mac Cremesheen glasses to Dior Addict glosses

from Mac lipstick to YSL lip stains

Skincare:

from Lush skincare to Boscia, Dermadoctor, no-name glycolic acid peel, and no name rose gel glycolic face mask.

Still trying to figure out what my new HG eye cream is. Used to be Shiseido Benefiance.

Dior Diorshow Mascara used to be my HG now it's Givenchy Noir Couture. I used to be super impressed by the Dior one now since I have the Givenchy one I've been using it basically everyday since I've got it. I still like MAC lipsticks but I think that Tom Ford is my HG lipstick brand. I'm usually a fan of matte colors , but the Tom Ford ones are very pigmented  and have a creamy texture that I like.

I used to love Smashbox brow bar to go pencil, until I tried the Anastasia brow wiz. So much better, now my brow game is always on point Smiley Tongue

I used to LOVE the Benefit Porefessional. Now, whenever I put it on my face, I'm like...girl, what was this doing for you again?? I also used to be obsessed with KVD lock-it tattoo foundation and powder until I realized that these were yes, masking my blemishes and problem skin very well but they were also causing me to continue to break out! I tried the KVD foundation again the other day and when taking it off, had three new whiteheads! What is that?!upload_6479042689419401808.gif

Origins Plantscription Eye Treatment, it's not bad, just not an HG anymore Smiley Happy

Clinique Stay Matte foundation! It was working for a while, but then it just started melting off my face... I still need to return it lol

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Yaasss.jpg
  • upload_6479042689419401808.gif