jinxski

Beauty Products to Buy in Shanghai?

I'm in Asia for the rest of this summer and I want to purchase some beauty products that are exclusive to Asia. Anyone have recommendations? I'm looking for everything, as far as makeup goes, but I also want to buy some skincare products for my acne-prone skin. 

I've already purchased the Maybelline Babe Skin primer on a whim, it's a pretty nice primer - a little bit heavy if applied to the whole face though, best just focus on the T-Zone with that one.

A few coworkers of mine also helped me purchase a Shiseido Anessa sunscreen and a Biore Aqua Jelly sunscreen on Taobao. Asian sunscreens are so lightweight and gel-like, I love how smoothly they apply. I don't think I'll be going back to Neutrogena for awhile now!

Any input is much appreciated! I'd love to hear about your experiences in buying products here! 

xojen

Re: Beauty Products to Buy in Shanghai?

For skincare: Check out the My Beauty Diary Masks in Strawberry Yogurt! It's great for acne prone skin, they're cheap in Asia too! :smileyhappy: swfupload_4571985935721092766.jpg

swfupload_2809084933741102913.jpgHere are the charts and description of what the masks do. I definitely recommend these masks, I've been using these masks and I see a large improvement on how my face feels, and looks! :smileyhappy: Have fun in Shanghai~

jinxski

(0) Hearts

So I went out and passed by a stand that was selling these for RMB 49 - or $8. I bought the Black Pearl pack and I fact checked last night to check if they were fake. I was already kind of hesitant since the "NEW" seal was on backwards.

... Tried it on my face anyway, after seeing that the inside packaging and actual outer packaging were fine other than that, and my skin felt quite soft afterward! Hopefully I didn't buy fakes. In China, it's so hard to tell!

jinxski

(0) Hearts

I tried the Aloe one this winter, really liked it! There wasn't much of a difference in my skin, though. I'll definitely check the strawberry yogurt one out!

Thanks so much! I'm hoping to explore the city soon~

tashalicious

i found a few shops you could ask about while you're there,

1. Ba Yan Ka LA..... a luxury skincare shop

2. Flow ....... this store specializes in organic soaps and oils

3.myLOHAS ........ an organic beauty and lifestyle store. 

jinxski

(0) Hearts

I'll check them out! Everything around here is a subway ride away, I'm sure I can get to one of those. Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jinxski
    • xojen
    • tashalicious
Photos2
  • swfupload_4571985935721092766.jpg
  • swfupload_2809084933741102913.jpg