kissXmakeup

Beauty Journal

I just recently decorated a journal & didn't know what to do with it. I have decided to start a makeup journal! I started "want lists" for both drugstore and high-end products, so I am able to remember what it is I want to try. Do any of you have anything similar? Any ideas on what else to add on to it?

ChicDabbler

Re: Beauty Journal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I do have an excel spreadsheet to keep track of face/skincare products I have used as reference for recommendation (~150):

Untitled.png

I don't have anything to keep track of makeup or skincare I haven't opened. I've been using heart list on Sephora for items I want.

I have so many pretty notebooks, but nowadays I do everything on computer I don't use anymore. The main problem is I can't search. If there's ever a ctrl+F function for pretty journals/notebooks, then I'll go back to use them again.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

ive been thinking of starting up a spreadsheet and adding any new items or samples to it.  Then once I haev tried them, marking them something like "repurchase", "like", "don't like"  so i can keep track of what i have tried and what i actually liked.  With all the free samples i've been getting, its starting to get hard to remember what i've tried! lol

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I did that! I started a never again list recently, to make sure I don't try products that I didn't like in the past. I also have a little plastic container full of samples, called "Lost but Found". I go in there sometimes to try new things. 

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Ooooh that's a cool idea! Can we see a picture of how you decorated it? :smileyvery-happy: 

You could add which products you loved/hated, empties, and maybe some ideas for makeup looks? Like think of different eye shadows from different palettes that would look good together, or which shadows go with which lip colors.

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I tried to post a picture but it didn't work :smileysad: Any idea why? I'm using Safari.

prettyinpa

I have a beauty journal, in addition to my want lists I have a list of things that I have tried and found to be either not worth the money,  a total waste in that they didn't work at all, or they caused skin reactions. Also for fragrances that I got a sample of and hated. Before I started this, I would re-buy stuff that I had already determined to be unsatisfactory, so this has been a great money saver. I also write my sizes in there so if I'm at a sale, I don't have to try to remember what size I am. (I get excited when I find something great and forget my true size!) I keep my journal in my tote so if I have an opportunity to shop, it's right there. 

rikkie

LOL, the size thing is a good idea! Sometimes you spot something that is just TO DIE FOR and it's juuust a little small, maybe that line runs on the larger size, I'll just get it and I'm SURE it will fit! But no, no it doesn't. :smileytongue:

unblownkisses

This is what I use pinterest for hahaha. All the pretties!

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Same! Pintrest is my new obsession. So fun and so many pretty pictures! :smileyvery-happy:

tashalicious

i haven't done this but i probably should, if i were to do a journal i would put my want list, things i've tried and hated, Promo's that interest me, and things that i want that's currently on sale.

TeemaB

OMG I do the same thing! I save it to my email as a draft of MU I would love to buy both drugstore and non-drugstore. For

Lips

NYX Sunrise, NYX Garnet, NYX Perfect Red, NYX Baby Rose.
REVLON Lip Butter

Mac Vegas Volt Lipstick (all time favorite)

Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation (awesome dewy foudnation)

Maybelline FIT ME (For great natural looking coverage)

CoverGirl Outlast Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

Highlighters (not much of a blush person)

Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer

Mac Lustre Drops in Sun Rush

Sephora Highlight in Apricot

Eyes

Shiseido Bronze Cream Shadow

Benefit Creaseles Eyeshadow

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

oh & the Revlon Lip butters are also my favorite, they are very moisturizing. I am in love with the shade Candy Apple!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Funny you have the Lumi foundation on your list! I bought that yesterday and really like it. It gives you a natural and radiant glow and I really like it. 

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

swfupload_1640372417543397049.jpgfor the drugstore side I would suggest Nivea cream (the 30ml one that is in a small blue tin) if you don't already have it, this is one of my favorite drugstore buys ever! the cream is thick and soft and a little goes a long way in moisturizing and hydrating. the amount is perfect because this last's so unbelievably long you can't even imagine (do keep in mind I do not use mine ever day) this is perfect for traveling which is what I bought it for because I was going to London and the flight was cold and dry (as all long-haul flights are :smileyhappy: ) so one application lasted the entire nine hours including the airport. my skin was still soft and moisturized when I got off the plane. you can find this product at super target by the travel section for 99 cents. good luck with your beauty journal and have a nice day :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • unblownkisses
    • ChicDabbler
    • rikkie
    • DesertRose0706
    • kissXmakeup