sephoralovex

Beauty Blender Bleeding Pink Dye?!

(0) Hearts

I just got a beauty blender since some of you have recommended it. And I want to thank all of you that have because I am so loving it for foundation!!!

Any who, I washed it for the first time today using baby shampoo (Thats what I normally use for my makeup tools) and i noticed pink dye started running out of the beauty blender.. Is this normal?

connieconcon

Re: Beauty Blender Bleeding Pink Dye?!

Yeah, totally normal unfortunately.  It kind of bothers me that the pink dye bleeds.  I would really like to see Sephora carry the Pure in a stand alone instead of in the Air Port kit.

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

It's normal, there is a beauty blender that has no dye in it which is the white one, Pure. I washed my every other day and the first couple of cleaning I saw a bit of pink so I decided to really clean it till I didn't see any pink water coming out of it.

Yelkina

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Ladies! See our review on the Beauty Blender here!

jennypenny1995

Initially, I used the special cleanser you can get with the BB, but I now use antibacterial soap and hot water.  I rotate my two BBs, cleaning on Wed and Sundays, so they only go 2-3 days between cleanings.  I've had mine for about 2 years now--still going strong!  Mine bled a tad when they were, just as any product containing dye will with water on it.  No biggee!

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

I was thinking the same. Since this was my first time, maybe it will stop after two or three more washes. And I use it about 2-3 times before I wash it too, so not everyday!

crayzeeRN

Hmm I'm using Sephora's brush shampoo to clean it and I havent had any issues. Still looks as new as the day I bought it, and I've had it quite a long time. While I'm in this thread, is there an "expire" date on beauty blenders?

bananachoox3

I would change mine beauty blender every 3 months

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I've seen many YT videos on people showing how they wash their BB. And majority of them used baby shampoo and they stated they have had theirs for a long time. It looked new like mine too. I just dont wanna dish out more money for the actual BB cleaner since it's kind of pricey just for me using it on one product.

DanaKontnik

You're not supposed to use anything except the beautyblender cleaner. I read another review online where a girl cleaned her's with baby shampoo and after a couple of weeks the color had faded, the sponge was cracking and ready to fall apart. A Sephora consultant recommended that she purchase a new one and use the beautyblender cleaner only and if it STILL cracked and faded and all that, they would give her a full refund. She did as recommended and said after two weeks it was still like brand new. She even posted side by side comparison pics of the two blenders. So yeah, only clean them with the beautyblender cleaner. 

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Oh alright, thanks! I'll be sure to get the BB cleaner next time I stop at Sephora. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • sephoralovex
    • jennypenny1995
    • crayzeeRN
    • bananachoox3
    • DanaKontnik