Answer
islandbombshell
Basics for a Newbie

I am a makeup newbie and I was wondering what are some basics I should start with. I've played around with eyeshadows every now and then, but thats as far as it goes.  I would love to be able to pull off a look that does not look overdone, especially for every day.  My Sephora Beauty Profile is black/dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, dark complexion and oily/combination skin. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated! :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
btmod1
Answered

If you want to add to your eyeshadow collection I've recommended some great combination sets and below so you can play around with your complexion (face, eyes and lips):

Too Faced Look of Love Set: http://bit.ly/gpe5Rj

This set includes everything you need to start playing around with makeup. 

A mascara that helps to lengthen and volumize your lashes.

The Shadow Insurance, an eyeshadow primer, used as a base before applying your eyeshadow.  Using the primer will result in a longer lasting and intensified pigment of your shadow.

Look of Love Trio which includes a blush and two eyeshadows that will give you a natural eye.

Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal, a pink nude lip gloss *my personal fave*

and a brush to apply the blush.

AND

Tarte Amazonian Clay Discovery Set:  http://bit.ly/fOqLBX

This set contains:
- 0.05 oz emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Shadow Stick in Bronze (bronze sheen) - Can be used either as an eyeshadow or a bronzer by applying a little circle on both cheeks then blending with your fingers or a kabuki or powder brush.

- 0.1 oz Lights, Camera, Lashes! Clinically-Proven Natural Mascara in Black

- 0.2 oz Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Adored (shimmering light pink)

- 0.07 oz Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder (translucent) - Powder will help keep your skin fresh throughout the day and also gives you skincare benefits balancing your skin and helping with your oily/ combination skin type.

- 0.08 oz emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Black (matte black)

- Zip Pouch

Hope this would give you an idea of where to start!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • thecaramelapple
    • islandbombshell
    • bengee