priscillaang

BB cream or Tinted Moisturizer (TM)

Which would you prefer and why?

kaye123

Re: BB cream or Tinted Moisturizer (TM)

(0) Hearts

I like BB creams because I really like the skin care benefits that can be in them. I prefer the Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm. I have sensitive and oily skin, so some tinted moisturizers just don't work well for me. There are lots of bb creams for dry skin too.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I find that Tarte's BB cream is the bomb diggity. It's a lovely silky tinted primer with SPF 30. Longwearing, natural to semi-matte finish, and a little goes a long way. I'm currently using this as my foundation then lightly buffing a finishing powder over it for a flawless, yet natural look. I wouldn't necessarily say this is the best for moisturizing, but it's a great primer or even foundation for my combo (oily t-zone, dry cheeks) skin! For moisturing I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel as a part of my skin care regiman.

priscillaang

(0) Hearts

So you don't apply a primer underneath the BB cream?

Spyski

(0) Hearts

BB cream is usually an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock. In that case, you don't have to use a primer underneath.

berniebeauty

(0) Hearts

Personally I like tinted moisturizers. I have clear skin generally, and not that many spots, so I dont need medium-full coverage, light is fine for me. BB creams can be heavy (but thats their aim) where TM are usually light and blendable. Also, both BB creams Ive tried (Smashbox and Maybelline) have looked oily on my skin, and I have dry-combo skin. I don't seem to have that problem with tinted moisturizers. I do think that as with all makeup its kind of a trial and error process where everyone is different. Thats why I really like Sephoras sample policy :smileyhappy:

~We are all beautiful~

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • berniebeauty
    • priscillaang
    • kaye123
    • Spyski