crayzeeRN

August Favorites!

Let's see em ladies! Whether they be new discoveries, or stuff hidden in your stash, what things have you been using like crazy in August?

Tarte Blush in Blissful- natural peach (pretty sure I have a Tarte blush in every month's favorites!)

Benefit Dandelion- I hit pan on this finally!! A tiny little dot of pan :smileyvery-happy:

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise- this is ironic because I originally hated this blush, to the point where I considered returning it. Took it to the beach and applied it over sunscreen and absolutely loved the natural look it gave my cheeks.

Urban Decay B6 Prep Spray- I don't know if this does anything, but I love it regardless. I think my pores are slightly smaller? If we're being honest here, I just love spraying it on my face, its so refreshing!

Caudalie Cleansing Water- now I see what everyone is raving about. Love this stuff!

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Soft Porcelain- doesn't break me out, still looks good after a 12 hour shift!

MUFE Aqua Cream in 54- pretty lilac

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof in Tetra and Halfmoon- these also last 12 hours and through sweaty workouts- I'm impressed!

Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau in Cozy and Sexy

NARS Niagara- still in love with this two months later!

DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel and Salicylic Acne Control Treatment- this combo is really helping to unclog my pores and finally clear up some of this crazy acne

Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish- in love with this scrub, can't wait to purchase full-size

Urban Decay Cannonball- this is the queen of all waterproof mascaras! Sadly used this one up this month and have to work through a large stash of other mascaras before I can repurchase!

poshified

Re: August Favorites!

Sorry about being late to the party, but I always love seeing what other people's favorites were! :smileyhappy:

augfaves.JPG

-Giorgio Armani Summer 2013 Face and Eye Palette: The only F&E palette worth getting so far, I think. Gorgeous bronzer on top with three shimmery neutral shades on the bottom. Perfectly executed palette.

-MAC Cream Soda blush: It's not very pigmented, but I love how it's buildable and a no-brainer of a blush.

-MAC Turquatic perfume: I don't know why it's taken me so long to discover this scent. I mean, it's always been sitting by the checkout register. Halfway gone and I just picked it up early August!

-Maybelline Masterdrama in Taupe Takeover: August was a minimal makeup month for me, and some days, I'd just line my eyes with this, add mascara, and out the door I go.

-Maybelline Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara: Still trying to get the hang of the double-ended brush (and not a big fan of the bottom lash brush), but a tip I heard was to switch the two ends once the top side has dried out.

-Sephora Crayon Jumbo 12Hr in Taupe: Taupe. Shadow pencil. Need I say more?

-MUFE Aqua Shadow in 28E: What I wanted UD's 24-7 Shadow Pencil Sin to be.

-Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Delovely: I feel the formula of these butter shines are far superior than the chubby sticks. It's glossy and shiny enough to where I don't have to add a gloss on top. Plus it's a nude.

DTalksAll

I love 28E too! I reach for it more than the UD sticks. 

poshified

Now if only MUFE would come out with mini shadow stick sets like UD did last year...! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Let's call it fashionably late, poshified :smileywink:

That blush looks beautiful! I love really light pink blushes.

poshified

LOL! Better late than never :smileywink:

roseate

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Chocolate Shimmer

YSL Shocking Mascara (Got it in deluxe sample size and I LOVE IT!)

Chanel CC Cream in B20

SilveryPink

(0) Hearts

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - this stuff is seriously magic, on its own or as a primer

TokyoMilk Lip Elixir in La Vie En Rose - tastes and smells amazing, super moisturizing

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara - works wonders and doesn't clump like most mascaras do on me,  love love love the brush. 

prosopon

image.jpg

NYX Boheme Chic Nude matte palette - I got this on amazon and I have been loving all the neutral combinations and the surprise pops of color.

WnW Walking on Eggshells trio - can be a nice neutral when applied as suggested or I have been loving using the crease color as an all over color, very coppery.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze - nice for quick one shadow looks

Benefit's That Gal brightening face primer - I have actually been using this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and brow bones.

NARS Multiple in Orgasm - love the color, love the shimmer, wish I could wear it all year long, but it feels/looks more spring/summery

Dickson's Witch Hazel Toner - bought this on a whim and I am loving how it has helped clear up my little acne bumps on my face (still getting the horribly painful hormonal acne).

Foundation combo: Dr. Jart+ premium bb cream & L'Oreal true match Lumi - good combo of benefits, coverage, and luminosity

Neutrogena Moisture Smooth color stick in Fresh Papaya - loving the corals this summer and this fits the bill to a T.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

benefit's rockateur: i already gushed on this in another post. i love it :smileyhappy: it's the perfect blush for me with my rosacea induced lobsterface. 

bare minerals moxie gloss in maverick (from the vib week bag) i didn't think this color would work for me but it looks surprisingly great!

julep polish in karmen: from my september box. new favorite polish! such a beautiful red with gold shimmery undertones. the perfect color for fall! 

soap & glory off your face wipes: duh. 

laura mercier tinted moisturizer: it doesn't irritate my skin, and it evens out my skin tone! 

urban decay 24/7 liner in 1999: i haven't used color on my eyes since high school, and i'd forgotten how much i liked it! this color isn't too bright to be scary to someone who is used to only using nudes on their eyes :smileyhappy: and you can't beat the $6 price tag!

bgirling

Neither of these are from Sephora but I have been using Besame crimson cream rouge for my lips and the Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude.

ashhay

Tarte achiote amazonian clay blush

Stila smudge sticks in turquoise and periwinkle

Bite beauty lipstick in Vouvray

solveig

[ Edited ]

I have rediscovered my LM Artist Palette for Eyes. I bought it last year, but usually only used a few shades I was completely sure of. Since the beginning of August I tried on so many different combination, and found out that if I needed to, I could use only this palette for the rest of my life (although hopefully I never have to).

laura-mercier-artists-palette-for-eyes.jpg

I have also been loving NYX Creme Blush in Boho Chic. Even though I am not a fan of creme blushes, because in my opinion they are a lot more difficult to use, I really like the natural finish they give.

nyx-cream-blush-boho-chic.png

mafan

Oh, I hadn't seen that Laura Mercier palette before. It's really gorgeous! Just from a quick look, African Violet is one of the shades that attracts me the most. 

(Tells self she must stop buying eye shadows. Self was just bad in the sale section yesterday.)

I've been using my  Aqualillies palette a lot recently. And I've been reaching for my Tarte Lipsurgence in Enchanted a lot, along with my Fresh lip balms (especially the last week since my lips got so dried out). 

I liked my Algenist 10 Day trial, too. I even ordered and have almost used up a second one. I may have to break down and buy it during the sale later in the year. 

Oh, my MUFE HD finishing powder has been great through sticky weather. I have a half size jar from buying the foundation set (I love the brush) and at least 3 small jars (one of those is almost empty from summer use) so I'll enjoy that for a whole. 

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh I feel the same way!  I mean about being able to use LM Artist Palette for Eyes for the rest of my life if needed, LOL!  I love the variety of finishes and colors and the super dark mattes used to scare me but I found out they make AWESOME eyeliners.  The only shade that I never touch is African Violet, I mean can you say glitterbomb or what.  It's LM so it's very ladylike and elegant glitter of course, but I hate how it migrates all over my face!

solveig

(0) Hearts

I also use dark matte shades as eyeliners, or in the outer corner for a more dark dramatic look. Oh, and even with all the shimmer I LOVE African Violet. I only use it with a base underneath, or on top of another eyeshadow, or a color accent in the center of the lid (Sunlit+AV+Coffee Ground makes for an amazing night-out makeup).

kelsey808

20130901121018.jpg

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (Pale Yellow)- I've searched for months to find the perfect setting powder for my BB cream and concealer and this is definitely it! Keeps my makeup in place all day and keeps me from looking oily after a couple of hours, plus the sheer yellow shade covers any redness without giving my face a yellow tint.

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder (N30)- Didn't purchase from Sephora (I wish they sold Chanel!!) but I can't explain how much I love this powder. I'm not a powder fan (usually leaves me looking chalky and lifeless) but this gives me a completely natural healthy glow without caking or looking like a powder at all! Usually I'd be the N20 color (literally every counter I've been to is sold out) but since it's a really beautiful sheer coverage, I've been using N30 as an all over bronzing powder and I love it!!!!!! A definite must buy for me.

Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush- Really amazing foundation/BB cream applying brush, I use it with my Clinique BB.

Sephora Collection Classic Must Have Large Powder Brush #30- AMAZING huge powder brush for all over face powder, I use it for my Bobbi Brown setting powder and the Les Beiges powder also.

Clinique BB Cream (#2)- After using Dr. Jart's Black Label Detox for a while (a little too oily for my combination skin), I had to switch to this after reading the great reviews. It has really amazing coverage and is mattifying while still giving me that slightly dewy and fresh look.

Ole Henriksen Nurtue Me- I use this AM & PM to keep my combination skin moisturized all day, and it smells exactly like a creamsicle.

Nars Duo Eyeshadow (Alhambra & Isolde)- I'm obsessed with all of Nars eyeshadows but these two are my latest favorites.

Nars Blush (Luster)- I usually never wear blush at all but I thought this peachy pink color with a slight golden undertone was too pretty! It brings a nice healthy color to my cheeks. Really pigmented and blendable, and not too shimmery for everyday wear.

YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll (Black)- I'm super picky when it comes to mascara (I have really long lashes so almost everything I've tried turns into a clumpy mess) but this is definitely one of my favorites!

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (Black)- This eyeliner is amazing and pretty much does wings by itself, can't say that it's completely waterproof but definitely stays on all day!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

josiemaran-lip.PNG

Josie Maran Argan Hydrating Lipstick

boscia-sponge.PNG

Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

20130901_080913.jpg

Sephora single in Faux Fur Jacket

Cargo single in Yukon

(yes I have a problem when it comes to shimmery taupes!)

btw if anyone's curious about Sephora's new eyeshadow formula, check out this thread from earlier this year....it's got literally hundreds of gorgeous swatches:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Swatch-to-get-a-free-eyeshadow-Now-CLOSED/td-p/4419...

poshified

Ulta has a nice Cargo set featuring Yukon and the blush in Bali. SO TEMPTING! :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Haha, you have no shame poshified, oh queen of enabling :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

Drrragon, if it was you that posted Yukon in the haul thread a week or so back, I have been lusting after that shadow like crazy now!! Next time Ulta comes out with their 20% off everything coupons, I'm going CARGO crazy.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • ashhay
    • malday
    • melisa16