Asian mascaras tested!! TIPS FOR STRAIGHT ASIAN LASHES: PART 2

[ Edited ]

Since I got more views than I expected on my first post I decided to make a follow up with Asian mascaras I hauled from my Asia trip! I have stick-straight Asian lashes that get weighed down by almost every formula, so mascara wasn't something I wore often at all. UNTIL NOW!

Here's the first thread with my experience with Western brands: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/TIPS-FOR-STRAIGHT-ASIAN-LASHES/m-p/2720734#M129691

I did a ton of research before my trip so I could grab all the holy grail mascaras on the Asian part of the Internet, and I'd like to share my feedback so that some of you straight lash gals don't have to waste your money. For the record, they're all amazing and each one holds a curl!! This was my biggest factor. For comparison, my Shu Uemura petal lash mascara was my old favourite because it holds my curl all day and doesn't smudge. The tradeoff though was that it looked too natural and gave me almost no volume. A close second is the benefit they're real.

In no order whatsoever:

1. Fairy Drops Platinum Waterproof Mascara

Image result for fairy drops platinum mascara

This was probably the most raved about in my research. I got it at Sasa in Hong Kong (like an Asian Sephora beauty haven) for about $20 CAD and it is my new favourite!! It does everything it says: curls your lashes and gives them volume. It even added length. My lashes look absolutely fantastic with this mascara and I wear mascara every day now when I never did before. Just to further explain how much this product is worth, my lashes literally are not visible with no mascara on them. I completely gave up on my lashes, eternally convinced they would never look good. But now I have this!! The wand is shaped really weird and looks like three balls put together but this stuff does the job. I can't say enough good things about this mascara. I only wish I bought 2 more as backups because I have no idea where to get this in Toronto Smiley Sad

2. Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascaraupload_2250358811056964686.jpg

There are a few this brand makes: I chose the one with the pink packaging. The purple packaging one is volume and curl, which for some reason isn't talked about a lot. This mascara is also an Asian favourite and raved about over there so I had to pick it up. It was under $20 CAD and is amazing! Holds my curl all day and adds a lot of length. Not as much volume as the Fairy Drops one but it still makes my lashes look great. Definitely worth the buy. You can get it at some places in a combo with their equally famous liquid eyeliner.

3. Majolica Majorca Lash King

This one is like a drugstore mascara, I picked it up when it on sale at Watson's (an Asian drugstore) in Thailand for around $15 CAD. This is also a waterproof formula (they all are) and works pretty well. However, it does smudge after a few hours whereas the other mascaras do not. It holds a curl and makes your lashes look pretty good still, but has more clumping. Not my favourite one out of these 4, and to be honest with my other discoveries I could have done without it.

4. Lancome Virtuose Divine Lasting Cuves & Length

Image result for lancome virtuose mascara

This is the only one out of the 4 that isn't waterproof. I couldn't find it at Sephora or Shoppers so I got it at the airport duty free for about $30 CAD. This is very comparable to my Shu Uemura petal lash in terms of curling and how natural it looks. It did nothing for volumizing my lashes, and is only good for a natural day. Despite it not being waterproof, it doesn't smudge much at all and lasts throughout the day. But again, with the first 2 being so great, I could have done without this, too. 

I hope these reviews helped you guys pick an Asian mascara! Please comment if you have any others I didn't try out and what you think. Let's end the fight for Asian lashes!!

Re: Asian mascaras tested!! TIPS FOR STRAIGHT ASIAN LASHES: PART 2

Thanks for this helpful thread, @IZ95 ! A great Korean lash primer is the Etude House Waterproof Dr Mascara Fixer. It holds my curl almost all day and makes my lashes look longer too. I currently use it in combination with Nars Audacious mascara, and this duo rarely flakes and never smudges Smiley HappyScreen Shot 2017-05-19 at 10.05.38 AM.png

Spoiler
I bought it for $5.50 on Amazon!

@spubu ahhh darn it I was in Etude House and had no idea what to buy LOL but next time I see this I'll grab it, thanks!

The whole "eyelashes are invisible without mascara" thing sounds like 100% me. I gave up and only wear false lashes or nothing at all now, but I seriously need to try that Fairy Drops Platinum mascara!

@myumew It will change your life if you can get your hands on it Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

@IZ95 So I found it on Amazon for $21. Does that seem like the right price? Just wondering since sometimes products from overseas can get a price hike.

Edit: JK, you already mentioned that you bought it for ~$20 CAD. Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

$21 on Amazon seems the regular price, I've been using it for awhile and that's what I've always paid.

[ Edited ]

Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl is my HG!! I rave about it whenever anybody asks me what I use haha. I've never tried the Long & Curl one unfortunately.

(0) Hearts

The Kiss Me Heroine Long and Curl doesn't work as well as the Fairy Drops Platinum for me. In fact, it seems to do nothing!

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried the waterproof version of Fairydrops (didn't know it existed!) but I remember loving the original when Sephora carried it.

Darn maybe I should have picked up the volume and curl one too then! Seems like all their mascaras are pretty good

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
Photos2
  • upload_2250358811056964686.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 10.05.38 AM.png