TheBronzeGodess

Armani, Chanel, Tom Ford, Burberry, and Trish McEvoy...

Ok so I am new to these brands but i want to try some things..

I already have Tom Ford Black Orchid perfume.. Which i lovee.. But i am curious as to his other products... So my interest has been sparked!

Just ordered the Armani eyes to kill palette (in purple bc i have green eyes) and the Chanel bronzing gel (which i am super psyched about) From Nordies

What else do you recommend from these brands? who has the best lipstick (long lasting, vivid, worth the dough)... etc. what specific products from the these brands do u love most?

Tell Tell Tell !!

opinionatedjenn

Re: Armani, Chanel, Tom Ford, Burberry, and Trish McEvoy...

(0) Hearts

Armani-eyes to kill mascara=amazing. Dark! And, adds a lot of volume. 

blushnglow

I've been using Trish McEvoy for years and I can totally attest to the quality of several of her products.  Namely her makeup planners and brushes.  I believe it is worth the initial investment as they last forever!! I actually have a medium sized planner that stays put at home and a petite (and mini) that I take travelling.  She launches a new collection of carefully edited products fairly regularly.  My only advice if you like something is to have an extra one as back up because her inventory is usually very limited ( and I have access to 3 of her counters within walking distance).  Also, her "permanent collection" is kind of non existent as she continually discontinues and launches new products. Having said all that, I think you would like her makeup as they are all very wearable colours and incredibly blendible. Every refill can fit into her planners. It is geared towards people who seek versatility and not so much for the highly-pigmented electric colour-loving folks. It's more about enhancement of your natural beauty and "washes" of colour.  Love her mascaras. Love her eyebase essentials (in bare and demure).  Also, her delux eyeshadow in shell is my HG base eyeshadow. Her skincare is good (supposedly developed alongside her dermatologist husband in NYU) but I feel it is slightly overpriced.

All of her make-up artists are skilled and very knowledgeable are all consistent with her brand messaging as she has a very hands-on approach with the operations of her company.

End0ra

Made me look.  Those makeup planners are genius!

cyan8181

(0) Hearts

The Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum is the most hydrating serum around and I wouldn't leave it for anything.  It has the consistency of water which had me pretty skeptical when I first tried it, but it's amazing.  I'm on my 4th bottle; each one lasts me 6-9 months depending on the season. 

I have the two Spring Chanel blushes and they're growing on me.  I've used the YSL Crème de Blush for a few years now and thought these would be the same, but the application is really different.  I think I finally got the Chanel ones down this week though and do really like the finish.  I think I'll pick up Cheeky this weekend.

starletta8

I can speak with experience for a lot of these brands.

Tom Ford: By far the best nail formula I've ever tried. It's very pricey at $32 a pop, but it lasts easily for 5 days of heavy typing or a week for me- and I normally chip my nails daily.  If you're ready to splurge, Tom Ford brushes are amazing.  I do highly recommend the lipsticks, as they're very pigmented and look lovely. I haven't found a product from Tom Ford that I don't like, and I've tried the nail lacquers, lipsticks, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, foundation stick, and cream foundation brush.  Tom Ford perfumes are also long-lasting and more substantial scents than most others. These last all day and pack a punch.

Burberry: I actually just spent a month blogging about Burberry! The solo eyeshadows are on-par with the best formulas on the market. This brand does neutrals right, and is my go-to for a daily basis. I do like the blushes, and I've tried all three lipstick formulas and lipgloss and enjoyed them. If you're only going to buy one item, get a solo eyeshadow. I found my actual HG match for foundation.  The only thing I was left disappointed by was the eye brush I tried- and the nail polishes.

Trish McEvoy- Try the brushes first.  I've tried a few products and find this to be another carefully edited line of neutrals.

Chanel- Les Beiges is actually my favorite product, followed by Le Vernis. I've tried just about everything and find it lovely- but Les Beiges is the only Chanel product I can't live without.

TheBronzeGodess

(0) Hearts

oo exciting i will def look into Les Beiges.. i really want the burberry gloss in Mallow Pink but its on backorder so ill be a good girl and wait.. color looks gorgeous..when i do order it i will take ur advice and grab a solo eyeshadow with it. I'm super excited about Tom Ford.. I just wish there was a nordies by me that had it there.. but maybe then that would get me into more trouble lol Thanks for the info... and yes i heard tom's brushes are the best! Do you recommend any of his lip colors ? 

roxystar4

I love my chanel Vitalumiere aqua foundation. Light/medium coverage but it looks like skin. Maybe see if you can get color matched and try a sample for a few days to see how it wears on your skin.

I really like my Burberry blush (cameo), and single shadows. The quads are nice too (I only own one), but I think the singles are a little better (quality wise).

I have a sample of the GA Eyes to Kill Mascara and i think it's really nice! The quad that I have is very soft and buttery (but more of the sheer side, which I like because it has pastel colors in it).

Tom Ford blush- so pretty. Recently picked up my first one. Plan on getting more because it's so luxe, blends very well too.

I don't own any By Terry items, but I have heard a lot of great things about that brand. Maybe something to look into?

TheBronzeGodess

(0) Hearts

I'm glad to hear you like the GA eyes to kill mascara.. its been in my cart for days... with gerlain maxi lash I'm torn and can't decide.. you know that means ill end up getting both..

:: fights with my wallet ::

ivyxox

[ Edited ]

Armani: You can't go wrong with any Armani's face products. My favourites are: Armani luminous silk, fluid sheer #2, powder blush in #2, ETK intense eyeshadow and high precision concealer. ( Yes, I am addicted to Armani)

Chanel: The setting powder is amazing,I have it in both loose and compact. The price is actually cheaper than a lot of mid-high end brands consider how much product you are getting.

I absolutely love Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, it looks so natural on the skin.

Burberry: single eyeshadows are great if you like neutral colors, my fav shade is rosewood. Sheer glow is lovely, but it is very comparable to Armani fluid sheer, you probably don't need both. Burberry has the best packaging ever! 

I have heard a lot great review about TF's lipstick, but I think YSL's lipsticks are the BEST! If you want long-lasting and vivid color, go for YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick. They are really the best. My new love is YSL glossy stain, they last all day without drying your lips at all.

Something worth mentioning:

L'oreal owns Armani, YSL and L'oreal Paris. L'oreal Paris infalliable 24hr eyeshadow is a dupe for ETK intente eyeshadow ( this is actually the exact dupe in term of texture and performance. I haven't got any ETK intense eyeshadow ever since I discovered this).L'oreal caresse lip stain is a dupe for YSL glossy stain ( but YSL is better for sure). You can probably find foundation dupe for Armani luminous silk too.

Similarly, Bourjois and Chanel are owned by the same company. I heard Chanel blush and Bourjois round pot are dupes too.

As much as I love all the brands, there are cheaper alternatives and they perform just as good. Of course, you probably will not get the same luxurious feeling with the cheaper brands. I just want to include these dupes for you just in case you want to try the formula first without spending a fortune.

TheBronzeGodess

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I can't live without my YSL glossy stains!I and I hear you when it comes to beauty products.. if i love it and it makes me feel good...what price tag? :smileywink:

infinitise

If your skin can tolerate it, Giorgio Armani's foundation are awesome. their primer is seriously the best too. it smooths out the skin like no other. 

I personally like Lasting silk foundation. lasts a good amount of time, coverage is just right, and texture is lovely 

GA lipsticks in sheer are very wearable and has awesome textures 

Burberry eyeshadows are great quality. awesome chic packaging too 

their shimmer base (you can use it as brightening primer or liquid highlighter to go on top (or mixed with foundation) 

their foundation are not great... don't get sucked into buying it.. for any reason 

TheBronzeGodess

(0) Hearts

No burberry foundation, got it.. thanks for the tip :smileywink:

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I would disagree with this. I tried the Sheer Glow Foundation and really like the coverage and feel. It does have a mild scent, but it seema to dissipate quickly and doesn't bother me. 

Also so doesn't hurt the No.04 is a perfect match for my skin. :smileyhappy: 

So I would take all advice (particularly negative advice) with a grain of salt. Products work differently for different people. 

LariTheLoud

Le Blush Creme de Chanel and Chanel Joues Contraste. Chanel's blushes are flawless and so gorgeous on the skin. I'm a huge fan of the cream blush formula, in particular. It doesn't feel like a cream at all after it's blended into the skin, and it leaves such a natural, pretty finish. You won't regret trying out a Chanel blush!

I have yet to try any Armani, Tom Ford, Burberry, or Trish McEvoy products, sadly. There are no counters near me, and I haven't had a chance to order any of their products online yet. Soon, I hope!

poshified

(0) Hearts

LariTheLoud, did you get the cream blush for summer from Chanel?

LariTheLoud

No... and I'm on a no buy until June. :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: I swatched it like five times and I love it. I hope it will still be around in June.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Wow, an entire month to go!! That's impressive :smileyhappy: Chanel's own website is usually well-stocked with these LE, so I hope you get your hands on it!

ivyxox

I was supposed to be on "no-buy" until the end of May, but I broke this on the first day :'(

TheBronzeGodess

"no buy" and I have never really gotten along... mere acquaintances really.. i see him in the mall sometimes while browsing and i stare at him in thought for a minute but then i just decide to be bad and run in the opposite direction :smileyvery-happy:

mpas

I have Armani luminous silk and maestro foundation and I love them.  I would totally explore the brand more.  I also have Chanel dentelle precieuse highlighter powder which is amazing.  That's all from personal experience.

However, I hear burberry has amazing eyeshadows so I would love to get one one day.  Tom Ford lipsticks are supposed to be really great.  I cant bring myself to buy any though because every interview with him I read he sounds so pompous. 

Please post on the Armani mascara.  Im considering it in the future.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • mpas
    • cyan8181
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • roxystar4
    • ivyxox