Greyes

Are there Make Up Seasons?

HeYyY Beauties!

I have been wondering this for awhile...

I recently have noticed that my skin type has improved from being dry and damaged to normal and supple. I have been using a strict regiment of cleanser, toner, moisturizer and occasional exfoliating scrub and mask. My question is that I have always switched on and off from powder foundation to liquid and think that it depends on the weather which one is better. In the winter my skin is DRY and peels so0o it thirsts for moisture and a liquid foundation. In the spring and summer my skin is moist and when I do the "dewy" look it doesn't necessarily look bad it just looks like the moisture effect is well unnecessary. So0o QUESTION: Does make up change with the weather, and if so what is a go0od powder foundation with medium coverage for the summer months? 

Thank you! >(8D) 

Greyes

Re: Are there Make Up Seasons?

Thank you all!!

Yea I have tried Physicians Formula blush and loved it! I'll definitely be trying their foundations! I actually was looking into the Laura Mercier powder foundation. I have their creme foundation and love how gentle it is on my skin! I keep hearing great things about UD foundations and BB the only thing I own from that line is the Eye Shadow Primer Potion which is excellent so0o I'll have to check out their other products! Thank you Beauties!!!!  

aviscardi

I still wear liquid in the warmer months, most of my foundations are lightweight - mufe hd, UD naked, chanel vitalumiere aqua etc. the only thing i will change is when i wear my mufe mat velvet, i apply it with a beauty blender to sheer the cvg (i find this is the most cvg medium-to full whilst the others are light-med).... I still wear my bbs in the summer and alternate with my liquids. 

but I will say this week the weather has been crazy hot like 95+ all week and the humidity is high so i took a week off , only wore my dior bb on monday with powder and powder solo for this whole week. next monday is back to the 80s so il wear my liquid again then. 

plm95

Hey, Greyes!
If you are not opposed to a loose powder, I actually have a powder from the drugstore that has been a repurchased item from Physicians Formula that has been such a love for me! It's called the Talc-Free Mineral Wear Mineral Loose Powder. The brush isn't the best, so I just use my own. I think I'm on my second jar and I still love it!

LCResz

Definitely! I find that mineral powder foundation is the way to go in the summer, and I like BareMinerals and Laura Mercier for their color choices. I have been reading up on tarte and Jane Iredale as well but I will wait til a good sale comes along to try then out.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • plm95
    • LCResz
    • Greyes