DTalksAll

Ardency Inn Foundation Mixing

Last week while scrambling to find some last minute items for my friend's wedding I of course just had to stop in Sephora. I wore no makeup with the intention of trying the color IQ out again. & I think I finally got a successful match! I'm 1Y06. Which has way more foundations available than some of my other matches. :smileytongue: 

So the Cast Member grabbed some Dior, and Ardency Inn to see what looked best on me. For some reason, the Dior Powder which I own, my color IQ says I'm a 32 even though I'm a 20. 32 is way tooooo dark. But in the liquid my color IQ says I'm a 20. I don't get it, it's the same brand, same shades, but different numbers. 

Anyways, I really liked the way the Ardency Inn matched my face & neck, so she went on to apply it to my whole face. BUT... she didn't mix it with anything. I was a little confused, and she said you didn't have to mix it with a moisturizer. Of course when I got home & read up on it says "Not to use ALONE" and it did feel a bit heavy on me. But I really liked the color match so I brought it with me on my trip. It did feel too heavy on my face without being mixed. 

Now what do I mix it with? I know it says water based moisturizers, but I'm assuming some work better than others. All my morning moisturizers have SPF in them, and are a little too thick to be mixing foundation with. 

So do I put on moisturizer with SPF, primer & then mix with moisturizer? This seems like a lot of steps. 

So far I've tried:

~ Clarins Flash Balm- I know it's a primer, but I think they like each other. Only thing is I'm using way more of it then I used to as a primer. And it's a little expensive to be using as a foundation medium. Would I still put primer on underneath? 

~ Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer- It's OK if I want sheer coverage, but again... using way too much primer. 

~ OH Sheer Transformation - Decent, but not loving the finish

~ PTR Retinol Fusion AM - just for kicks, too thick. :smileywink: 

If you've tried the foundation, what have you mixed it with? 

DTalksAll

Re: Ardency Inn Foundation Mixing

(0) Hearts

I tried it twice with the Korres Pomegranate Gel Moisturizer. It's not as good as beauty flash balm, but it's a close second. 

I think since the instructions state to use a water-based moisturizer, gels seem to work well with it. 

anb0906

I LOVE gels, but can only wear them at night. It makes me disco ball shiny. (I really want to try that Korres now for night time...seems awesome!)

I tried it today with plain old sensitive skin oil free fragrance free Neutrogena SPF 15 (water based w/ sunscreen) I liked it ok, but i need something mattifying.

I did catch this in stock for the first time in like 5 months, so maybe this will be my HG. And it's the only order out of like 7 that has even shipped yet, so I guess I'm really getting it. :smileyvery-happy: Finally!

http://www.sephora.com/8-hr-mattifying-moisturizer-sunscreen-P378257?skuId=1433747

DTalksAll

I hope you find something that works for you & is cost effective. 

I wonder if you could use a gel moisturizer & then set it with a powder that has SPF (like the PTR SPF brush)? 

anb0906

(0) Hearts

You just blew my mind. I never considered a powder with SPF. I have a sample of bare minerals mineral veil, too. The possibilities are becoming endless. Did you decide your favorite combo yet?

DTalksAll

I put my PTR retinol moisturizer on, start my eyes, then mix it with whatever. I don't wear foundation every day, but so far I think the Korres is a winner. It's very similar to using it with Clarins. I don't want to blow through all my samples just for this foundation. The Beauty Flash Balm is my go to Sat/Sun morning moisturizer/primer when I'm hungover, dehydrated, and tired :smileytongue: 

I do keep the PTR SPF brush in purse, car, travel bag... It's great for added SPF during the day, and it doesn't mess with makeup. 

anb0906

I tried it today with the original (not new formula) of the Miracle Skin Transformer in translucent and it is amazing! It stayed immaculate all day. That makes me happy for like a week, but after that...not so much. This formula isn't available anymore, plus it is $48 just for that. I love that stuff, and I don't want to try the new version with it in case I love it, because that's an $86 combo :smileysad: I won't be in such a rush tomorrow, so I'll try it with a random moisturizer, hoping for a cheaper option.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i tried it with the regular nars tinted moisturizer and i loved it, its a dewey finish though which some people don't like

anb0906

(0) Hearts

I tried it with this first:

http://www.sephora.com/skin-perfect-pore-refining-perfecting-moisturizer-P283331?skuId=1328103

i had a couple of samples. I like it, but it may be a bit too shiny for me by midday. I'll try one more time tomorrow to see before I experiment with another with an SPF on Thursday.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I'm trying to use cheaper moisturizers/primers with it, and staying away from costly serums, moisturizers, and SPF. 

You have to use almost double the amount you would normally use, so I feel it's a waste of money. 

Then again, Clarins Flash Balm isn't cheap, but I'm stocked up on 100 pt perks :smileytongue: 

anb0906

(0) Hearts

At this point in the day, I don't love it. AND for this price, I could get some ridiculous high end foundation to use. The whole point of me getting this was to save money/customize coverage. I swear I'm going to find a cheap mattifying oil free moisturizer somewhere. 

DTalksAll

I heard it works well with Cerav moisturizer... cheap at drug stores & walmart. 

anb0906

(0) Hearts
DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I don't think I have a sample of it, but I did try a few different SPF moisturizers, and they all have a thicker consistency making it harder it blend. 

anb0906

I don't have a sample, either. I think I may bite the bullet and just get both. I hate returning things, but I'm getting too impatient to find something. I've been looking for foundation and/or bb/cc cream for like 9 months. (since the Miracle Skin Transformer got re formulated.) I haven't found anything yet, but this seems to be my best hope, since I can tailor it to me with the type of moisturizer I use. Now, the problem is what moisturizer that mattifies and has SPF, too. (I'm way too lazy/get up too early to not have SPF already in my moisturizer. No way will I add that step/drying time at 3:30am) I'm going to be experimenting daily next week, with this...and random samples.

DTalksAll

Good luck & keep us updated 

PoesRevy

I use this product and have tried several different water based products to mix it with, including Cetaphil! Actually I prefer to use my current routine moisturizer (Murad Hydro), although a thicker consistency it works nicely (for me) and is easy to blend.

anb0906

(0) Hearts

I really want to try it with this, but I'm worried I'll be a little shiny...and I'm all out of samples. Maybe I'll snag one in TSB.

http://www.sephora.com/even-better-skin-tone-correcting-lotion-broad-spectrum-spf-20-P309226?skuId=1...

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I wonder if it's mixable since it's a treatment product & I feel like SPF makes it too thick & hard to blend

anb0906

(0) Hearts

I was thinking the same thing! I want to buy this, and I like that moisturizer, but I really don't know if I should buy both...and then they don't work together. Either way, I want to try this foundation, and am definitely buying it. I'm following this page to see what meshes well with it. My skin isn't the same as yours (I'm oily) but if I can figure out the moisturizer type, that'll help! 

Good luck, and please post progress. 

DTalksAll

I will. I'm a skincare-a-holic & have loads of samples, minis, and full size moisturizers. Just need to find the time to play. 

The foundation does not budge... I really need to scrub my hand after I mix on the back of it because the foundation is that long-wearing. So I'll only be able to try 2 moisturizers a day... one on each side of my face. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • annonymous1
    • drrragon
    • mafan
    • joeanne
    • rdesigns