cloudyq102

Anyone tried Benefit They're Real?

How is this mascara? I am considering the purchase.

beautylovingirl

Re: Anyone tried Benefit They're Real?

I thought it was one of the worst mascara's I ever tried. It made me have spider lashes.

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I think it separates pretty well and lengthens when I bought it, which I only bought cause EVERYONE was raving all about it, but to me it did nothing special. I prefer Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. That one puts They're Real to shame in my opinion. And it is also easier to remove and doesn't have fall out.

nikki

(0) Hearts

I thought it separated my lashes and lengthened well. I liked it a lot.

On my contender list for HG

joeanne

(0) Hearts

Heh, I love Benefit They're Real, and I'm not sure why, but I have no trouble at all taking it off! I find that one coat is really all I need to get great long full lashes, and then when it's time to remove my makeup, I just use Sephora's makeup remover wipes for all my makeup, including my eye makeup. I let the wipe "sit" on my eye for a few seconds before I gently wipe away, and it may take a few wipes, but after that, everything is gone!

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

I love this mascara, but I'm actually switching because of how difficult it is to get off. It takes so much eye makeup remover it's ridiculous and it has a rubber applicator which I absolutely hate as well.

It's a good mascara, but there are better ones! :smileyhappy:

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I like it! :smileyhappy: I have a mini of it. I bought it a few years back (a full size) and loved it! My only gripe is that it doesn't rinse off in the shower like I'd like. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

i did not care for it. I agree that it is hard to remove, and I think some lashes suffered the consequences. Also, I dont like the spiked brush...you can put your eye out with that thing! I like Clinique a,d Lancome, as well as Covergirl  lash blast and Voluminous million lashes by loreal.

myxducky

(0) Hearts

I'm not really a fan of this one... because it weighed my lashes down and left me with this overall gunky feeling all day =/

but to remove this mascara, I used the Clinique take the day off makeup remover for eyes/lashes/lips and it pretty much came off in one swipe.

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Haven't tried, but since it's so hard to remove has anyone tried a lash primer? That way it's not sticking to your lashes. Sounds like an oil based remover is needed.

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

It's such a pain to take off and makes my lashes spidery. You should really just get a drugstore mascara because they honestly work a lot better imo. x

infinitise

I kind of .liked them

I'm very picky about mascaras (and foundations) but this was one of the "better ones"

I used to use benefit's mascara (like 3 yrs ago in high school that has like a curve) which was horrible, but this one is quite impressive. very very lengthening, volumizing, its pitch black and lasts very long 

its a bit tough to remove, but it works well with a good cleansing oil - Bobbi brown's cleansing oil works great to remove this very easily. 

It also tends to clump if you don't use the right amount. but if you wipe the wand on a tissue before you use them, it separates the lashes pretty well too.

I don't buy this though over hourglass because it does irritate my sensitive eyes a little bit. 

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

It's all right, nothing outstanding in my opinion.  It does lengthen my lashes; however within three hours I already have under-eye smudging.  I think CG's Last Blast line does the same thing but better and for less cost.

vmeddy

Spoiler

I use to use it a lot and then stopped for awhile. It really is hard to remove you need to use a lot of makeup remover so you won't pull on your lashes. I have better then sex mascara and it's pretty much the same as they're real. if you don't want the clumpy look try not to use a lot of coats of these mascaras. But cover girl clump crusher is an awesome combination. 

cloudyq102

(0) Hearts

Yikes. It is that hard to remove. How about suggestions for a better mascara? Is dior good?

lee1077

(0) Hearts

I am currently using Benefit but I have lost some lashes from it when I try to remove it with my makeup remover.  

cosmeticsjunkie

(0) Hearts

It's in my makeup bag now on regular rotation.  And I'm someone that has probably tried nearly 30 mascaras over the years.  I used to have a bad habit of having 5 or 6 open at the same time and using them in rotation but now I try to use only one or two at a time until they are gone.

I really see a nice dramatic difference with this formula. If you put too much on it can cake and look a bit scary but it does work.  I have sparse lashes so I imagine the effect on someone with fuller lashes would be even better

earpoker

(0) Hearts

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love how great it makes my lashes look...but hate how hard it is to remove.  I have lost several lashes in the removal process (using an oil based remover, letting it soak, and being super gentle).  I'm still looking for a mascara that works for me...and easy removal is a high priority. 

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

My favorite mascara. It really does make my lashes look long and full.

amy91288

(0) Hearts

I really liked it, it really separates and fills my lashes. I have blonde lashes so it usually looks like I have none, I really like the wand they give you too. I feel like it allows me to get into the corners of my eyes. 

cloudyq102

(0) Hearts

Ok. I am getting lash extensions soon, but I was just curious.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • nikki
    • lee1077
    • marydiva
    • mlmac
    • joeanne
    • beautylovingirl