desertbr4t

Anybody have a guess at 2014 color of the year?

I think it will be lavender or plum. Some kind of purple. What do you think?

juicytulip

Re: Anybody have a guess at 2014 color of the year?

(0) Hearts

I was really hoping for Rose Gold or a rich Copper.

DealDiva

(0) Hearts

Well it will be easy for me not to buy the sephora+Pantone products because I'm just not that in to blue. I would love the purpley ones but I really like the men's magenta color!

knadala

(0) Hearts

Cerulean/ Royal Blue?

PoesRevy

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Pantone is having "Take Our Color Survey-Vote for your favorite Spring 2014 color"

You can vote for women's colors and men's colors.

May be fun, if anyone is interested.

Just look for the Spring 2014: Pantone Fashion Color Report on the main page and then A Season Of Colorful Equilibrium- click on read more, you will see the "Take Our Color Survey-Vote for your favorite Spring 2014 color"

The colors choices are listed in Titian06 post below.

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

sally Hansen Polish makes the perfect safe of blue! IMO. It's called Pasific Blue. It broke in my bathroom and I haven't been able to find it in stores. :smileysad: i got so many compliments. I think that shade will be 2014 color of year. :smileyhappy: 

brittieeee

(0) Hearts

Yes, I agree with others that a blue.  A Cobalt or a Klein Blue specifically in that hue range has been popping up in fashion and coming up in Spring 2014 runway shows so that would be my pick if I was on the Pantone "panel."

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I was thinking a blue before I read replies

Titian06

Here are the Spring 2014 colors from the Pantone website:

Spring 2014 Color Report.jpg

Three very adaptable pastels sit on one end of the palette, and, because we are so accustomed to seeing them as nature's background, they can be creatively combined with any other color in the spectrum. Placid Blue, like a picture-perfect, tranquil and reassuring sky, induces a sense of peaceful calmness, while Violet Tulip, a romantic, vintage purple, evokes wistful nostalgia. Similar to the verdant shade of springtime foliage, Hemlock, a summery, ornamental green, provides a decorative touch that's very different from the greens of recent seasons. Pair any of these versatile pastels with a bolder hue for an au courant look.

Sand, a lightly toasted and amiable neutral, conjures images of the beach and the carefree days of summer. Try pairing Sand with Hemlock for perfect, natural balance. Paloma serves as a quintessential neutral, interesting enough to be worn alone or combined with any color for sophisticated poise.

Cayenne, a high-pitched red, adds a dash of spicy heat to neutrals, and heightens the excitement when mixed with Freesia, a blazing yellow that is sure to illuminate wardrobes this season. A tropical, floral-inspired shade, Freesia's warmth and energy help set the stage for Celosia Orange, an optimistic, spontaneous hue. Pair Celosia Orange with Violet Tulip for a captivating vision, much like the setting summer sun.

The palette is brought full circle with Radiant Orchid, a bold counterpart to Violet Tulip, and Dazzling Blue,a scintillating, polar opposite to Placid Blue. Surprisingly, these strong, vibrant colors also pair well across the palette: They are perfect companions to pastels, and add confidence and vivacity when mixed with other bold colors.

desertbr4t

it would be nice if they just did a whole palette based on this

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

The color of the year tends to match the mood of the nation as a whole.  In 2009 with economic uncertainty, the color of the year was a bright warm yellow.  We all needed cheering up.  This year, I think it will be a blue.  We need calming as a nation.  Everybody seems to be getting on everybody's nerves!

veronika23

Looks like it will be Dazzling Blue

Woo-hoo! It's like a cobalt blue. # 2 and 3 were purple. You'll have to google it since I can't copy the link.

I can't wait too see what Sephora + Pantone will come up with! So excited! Can you tell one of my fav colours is blue. lol

spacesuit

I was going to guess blue too, I've been seeing a LOT of blue in summer and fall collections this year - both makeup and clothing.

lilyyy

I was going to guess blue before I saw your post.

glossyguru

I was going to guess blue too! Not a dark blue though, I was thinking more of a light blue.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Same here

veronika23

(0) Hearts

That was my guess too so I looked it up :smileyhappy:

iknowitstoday

(0) Hearts

i hope it is a beet color

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I think it could be a purple too

iknowitstoday

(0) Hearts

that is what i was thinking!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • lilyyy
    • veronika23
    • iknowitstoday