kso1225

Anastasia Dipbrow New Colors: Taupe and Soft Brown swatches

I ordered Taupe and Soft Brown to see if either would work better for me since Dark Brown is pretty dark. I got them today so I figured I would share the swatches for anyone else looking for a color match.  From left to right: Taupe, Soft Brown, Dark Brown. 

ABH Dipbrow Heavy Swatch.jpg

aviscardi

Re: Anastasia Dipbrow New Colors: Taupe and Soft Brown swatches

(0) Hearts

Got the soft brown today and tested it out.  I have to say , I got a really natural brow with it and I found it so easy to use. I literally just tapped my brush it for each application, no digging deep lol.   Now the only thing I'm not sure I like is the actual shade. I like the depth but it doesn't have enough warmth in it. So it matches my brows but not my hair. Im thinking of getting chocolate and auburn and then returning whatever doesn't match me 

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

So my store finally had them and i think im even more confused lol You can see the wam tones in the sunlight (1st pic)

Chocolate - Auburn - Soft brown

the first two are very similar, auburn pulls a little more red. soft brown is not as warm as the other 2 but i can't tell if it has a bit of ash in it. you can see it more in the 2nd pic (sephora lighting)

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

i really like soft brown here, it looks like it would compliment the caramel duo i have. but i am afraid its too dark !?

ashleenicoleex3

(0) Hearts

Does Soft Brown have red undertones? 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

looks like it has slight red warmth

Marika123

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much for the swatches.
I tried Dark Brown and while it has the perfect balance of tone for me (not too warm, and not too ashy), the color itself is a little too dark (and Blonde is way too light). I had such high hopes for Soft Brown, but it looks very warm based, maybe Medium Brown would work?

If anyone has tried Medium Brown, please let us know how it looks.

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

I am torn because I use Chocolate when my hair is really dark but I am going a little bit lighter and more red so I was hoping that medium brown might work but it's too cool toned.  I think I am going to get Auburn.

malday

(0) Hearts

I can't seem to find swatches of the Medium Brown shade anywhere so if somebody happens to have it that would be great!

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I'm really wishing I had gotten the Medium Brown too because the Taupe looks a little green (what's up with that?!) and the Soft Brown is pretty warm.  I didn't get it because I thought it would be too close to Dark Brown to justify owning, but I'm still considering ordering it tonight.  If nothing else I think Soft Brown, Medium Brown and Dark Brown could also double as liners for me so it's not completely crazy, or at least that's what I'm telling myself.  Taupe will probably end up returned though because I don't know what to do with that green.

malday

(0) Hearts

That's why I haven't bought any, they all look too warm, green or dark so I'm hoping medium brown will be perfect!

andyhtrieu

Is it just me/my computer screen, or is taupe a little green? I was at Ulta the other day looking at the taupe brow powder duo with my sister and it look kinda green/olive...

kso1225

[ Edited ]

That was my first thought :smileysad:

I tried the blonde when it first came out, which also had a greenish tone.  It almost just seems like a slightly darker version of the blonde.  I'm pretty disappointed because I thought Taupe would be the best match for me.

You can see the green even more in the first light swatch I did here (on the left):

ABH Dipbrow.jpg

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

these look diff compared to the above, is one with flash?

sace021

(0) Hearts

That's exactly what I thought of the blonde!  I tried to convince myself it was my imagination and then I saw a picture of myself wearing it.  Not good.  These have way too much green in them.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

these are the same lightly as above?

andyhtrieu

Ok, why does ABH think that people have green eyebrows? LOL. 

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

I always thought that! I tried one of Anastasia's Brow markers in store (i think it was the color brown) and when I rubbed it a bit (to see the staying power) it turned green! I noped out of there. Imagine you're walking around and all of a sudden you end up with green brows! :smileyvery-happy:

hannasilkwood

(0) Hearts

I used to have the darker brown brow marker and it was a weird purpley color. Made my eyebrows look a weird color so I returned it. That first swatch definitely looks greenish. 

hannasilkwood

I saws great review for Dipbrow the other day and want to try it out but wasn't sure of the color. Thanks for the swatches! How do you like it so far? 

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I love Dipbrow! I bought Dark Brown when it first came out and it's a little dark for me so I have to use the tiniest bit of product and really blend it. I was hoping one of the lighter shades would be a better match and I wouldn't have to be quite so careful not to overdo it.  I'm disappointed with Taupe but Soft Brown might be an improvement.  I'll just have to try it on tomorrow to make sure it doesn't pull too reddish on me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • malday
    • aviscardi
    • sace021
    • kso1225
    • ashleenicoleex3
    • Marika123