MintShake

Am I the only one who hate neutral eyeshadows?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if I hate them, but I find them very dull and boring. I mean, of all the colors out there, why go for neutral? It kinda defeats the purpose of eyeshadow and other colors. I mean, what's so great about beige, browns and taupes? Makeup is suppose to be fun, bright, funky, not invincible. I see women spawn over neutral browns and golds.....I mean it's so dull, why not go for lime green, hot pink, neon purples or something?

kd006

Re: Am I the only one who hate neutral eyeshadows?

I find that colors on me just look like I'm a clown. I only really use colors on my waterline or my upper lash line. Like a teal blue as my eyeliner. Because that is just a subtle way to use color. if I use lime green or orange I look weird. I don't think it's dull to use neutral colors.. I think it's playing up what I already have. I love wearing a nice matte eye just to enhance what I already have. I think it looks inappropriate to be going to a professional job and having lime green eye shadow on. There's a time and place for colorful makeup, but work is not one of them. At least for me.

DTalksAll

I used to only wear color until I got the naked palette & then naked 2. I like to have a mix of neutral and color, also light & dark. "Half Baked" is my go-to shade; it layers nicely over "rubenesque" paint pot from mac, paired with stila "kitten", other cream shadow pencils, or with purples and blues. I love neutral shades for every day wear, but if I'm going out I love to pair a pink on the lid with blue in the crease... where they blend together I get a purple effect. It's subtle, yet fun. 

thetRuth

They make your eyes stand out yet look natural, sometimes its nice to put bright colors but on a daily basis Neutral eyeshadow is a nice way to make your eyes pop without looking over done.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

That's a very good point, but sometimes it's like neutral is such a number one choice that it makes other colors invisible. For someone who has darker skin, my "neutral" would be a green or a bronze and I don't know if they are neutral...

katie1724

Bronze is in the neutral family, I think (...right?) :smileyhappy:

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I think so? O_O 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • ap77